HOLY COW! I’m in shock!

californiagirl

Since I have been very critical of Princess lately I think it’s only fair for me to share what happened today.  

For background I was booked on Diamond Princess sailing 9/6/22.  This cruise was cancelled by Princess 8/8/22, less than a month prior to sailing.  I scrambled to find a replacement cruise since I will be having surgery 10 days after returning.  Because of that I could not do one of the later move over cruises.  I rebooked an Alaska cruise at full solo price and had multiple problems moving my FCC  and promised $100 OBC to the new cruise.  It was a headache, and even more bitter because Princess was the one responsible for the cancellation.  Two days ago I sent an email to several people at Princess.  (Thank you to multiple people who provided email addresses.) In the email I stated that I didn’t not expect it to move past a staff member but if nothing else it was cathartic to express my frustration. 

Well, I just received a phone call from Princess.  The representative stated that Princess verified everything I said in the email was accurate and apologized.  She said my letter had been shared with several departments and she had been authorized to call me and to give me the following:

-water bottle package

-diet coke cans package

-canapés in my stateroom

-coffee “card” 

-wine tasting

-spa credit

-$100 excursion credit

$700 refunded back to my original form of payment

Needless to say I’m flabbergasted!  I expressed that I genuinely did not expect a response let alone a phone call and all the things she was giving me.  I thanked her for the acknowledgment and told her I thought what they were giving me was very generous and I really appreciated it.  She also asked if there was anything I could add that I did not share in my email.  I said I would only add that the phone wait times are terribly long unless you call just as the phone lines open.  

This goes a long way for me in remaining a Princess customer.  Because of this I will be buying a future cruise credit onboard in a few days.  I had decided not to.  

• Like 47
  • Thanks 6

Shhhhhh...........don't let the Princess naysayers learn that Princess has done something really right. It would totally screw up their narrative. 

Like you, we recently

experienced some Princess created problems that we made Sr. Mgt. aware of. They responded in a way that made us whole and then some. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

@californiagirlSo happy and pleased for you that Princess came through and to the max!  Thanks for letting us know.  I was booked on the 9/1/22 sailing of the Diamond which as you know was also cancelled.  I am one of the ones that never got an email/notification of any kind from Princess about the cancellation but instead found out here on this board and also from a friend who just happened to see it on the local news.  I picked option 2 which was to take the FCC and the $100 OBC on a future cruise and have my port taxes and insurance credited back to my credit card.  None of it has happened for me yet.  The cruise is still listed on my upcoming cruises on the Personalizer.  I love sailing with Princess, this Diamond Princess cruise would have been my 28th and I will continue to be patient.  However, I'm hoping that I don't have to be patient much longer.  I know they are all busy and will wait a little longer before I start sending emails.  Again, under the circumstances, I am glad that you got what was due you and more.  It restores my faith in Princess.  Have a great time on your cruise and good luck on your surgery.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, californiagirl said:

For background I was booked on Diamond Princess sailing 9/6/22.  This cruise was cancelled by Princess 8/8/22, less than a month prior to sailing.  I scrambled to find a replacement cruise since I will be having surgery 10 days after returning.  Because of that I could not do one of the later move over cruises.  I rebooked an Alaska cruise at full solo price and had multiple problems moving my FCC  and promised $100 OBC to the new cruise.  It was a headache, and even more bitter because Princess was the one responsible for the cancellation.  Two days ago I sent an email to several people at Princess.  

Well, I just received a phone call from Princess.  The representative stated that Princess verified everything I said in the email was accurate and apologized.  She said my letter had been shared with several departments and she had been authorized to call me and to give me the following:

-water bottle package

-diet coke cans package

-canapés in my stateroom

-coffee “card” 

-wine tasting

-spa credit

-$100 excursion credit

Quick!! Buy a lottery ticket.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, californiagirl said:

LOL!

I emailed Jan Swartz and cc’d the others.  They are all @ptincesscruises.com.  Here are the email addresses:

jswartz@princesscruises.com

csteinke@…

msiebaldi@…

jpadgett@…

I wonder which office prompted the  call back?

Very happy for you!

Edited by PacnGoNow

2 hours ago, californiagirl said:

I emailed Jan Swartz and cc’d the others. 

They reacted prompt - good for you. 🙂

But it also looks like a fine example that the executive floor is not nearly aware of the current mischiefs for the customers. They think these are isolated cases. As we all know, they are NOT.

That's wonderful.  I had a less than stellar experience with the cancelled cruise and my rooms were taken and resold.   It took a day but I ended up with an upgrade from inside to partially obstructed balcony on a lower deck and an extra 50 OBC.   

I'm glad they made things good for you, also.

Do check your bookings because all of my OBC wasnt added and I had to call again the next morning.

The cancelled diamond cruises are still showing in the Medallian App so I have to somehow get them to update it.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Shhhhhh...........don't let the Princess naysayers learn that Princess has done something really right. It would totally screw up their narrative. 

Like you, we recently

experienced some Princess created problems that we made Sr. Mgt. aware of. They responded in a way that made us whole and then some. 

I wish many of us would have similar results regarding the crew smoking area in the aft area on the Promenade deck. We have all been blown off.

That is great to hear.  I called my CVP to take a move-over offer the day I got the email about the Diamond cancellations, and today the last piece went into the puzzle for getting the price protection, ship board credit (had to resubmit for shareholder credit) and flights sorted out.  We are looking forward to trying out the Discovery in November.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the well wishes.  I hope I get to take this cruise.  My 86 yr old mother has rebound covid.  She took paxlovid and seemed to be over it but yesterday about a week after finishing the paxlovid her covid was back.  My 88 year old dad has not had any symptoms.  They are both faxed and boosted twice.  

Today my sister in law looked as though she was having a stroke.  It ended up being a TIA.  

Life is so unpredictable.  

11 hours ago, californiagirl said:

Thank you all for the well wishes.  I hope I get to take this cruise.  My 86 yr old mother has rebound covid.  She took paxlovid and seemed to be over it but yesterday about a week after finishing the paxlovid her covid was back.  My 88 year old dad has not had any symptoms.  They are both faxed and boosted twice.  

Today my sister in law looked as though she was having a stroke.  It ended up being a TIA.  

Life is indeed unpredictable.  Prayers for everyone to recover quickly so you can enjoy this well deserved vacation 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, californiagirl said:

Good heavens. Prayers for all and wishes for complete recoveries. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, californiagirl said:

Oh man that is terrible.  Some are getting the rebound covid after paxlovid.  So hope that your mom has a mild rebound episode.  And hopefully your dad will continue to be well.  I have a friend who had a very bad bout with covid even though vaxed and boosted but her husband never did get it.  Crossing my fingers for you.  And my late husband had 2 TIAs in 11 days but recovered within 12 hours with no problems afterward.  He lived for another 13 years without any more of them.

Yes, life is very unpredictable.  Hoping that everything works out and you are able to take your cruise and enjoy all those perks that Princess finally came through with.

On 8/25/2022 at 11:58 AM, californiagirl said:

Since I have been very critical of Princess lately I think it’s only fair for me to share what happened today.  

For background I was booked on Diamond Princess sailing 9/6/22.  This cruise was cancelled by Princess 8/8/22, less than a month prior to sailing.  I scrambled to find a replacement cruise since I will be having surgery 10 days after returning.  Because of that I could not do one of the later move over cruises.  I rebooked an Alaska cruise at full solo price and had multiple problems moving my FCC  and promised $100 OBC to the new cruise.  It was a headache, and even more bitter because Princess was the one responsible for the cancellation.  Two days ago I sent an email to several people at Princess.  (Thank you to multiple people who provided email addresses.) In the email I stated that I didn’t not expect it to move past a staff member but if nothing else it was cathartic to express my frustration. 

-water bottle package

-diet coke cans package

-canapés in my stateroom

-coffee “card” 

-wine tasting

-spa credit

-$100 excursion credit

Needless to say I’m flabbergasted!  I expressed that I genuinely did not expect a response let alone a phone call and all the things she was giving me.  I thanked her for the acknowledgment and told her I thought what they were giving me was very generous and I really appreciated it.  She also asked if there was anything I could add that I did not share in my email.  I said I would only add that the phone wait times are terribly long unless you call just as the phone lines open.  

This goes a long way for me in remaining a Princess customer.  Because of this I will be buying a future cruise credit onboard in a few days.  I had decided not to.  

Gee!  All we got was a Meta Upgrade, after they cancelled one of the legs of a 4 consecutive cruise.

Following your example, I sent an email last weekend regarding my FCC that was expiring this year which I had been told by Customer Service and Customer Solutions that the cash FCC would probably be extended but that my bonus FCC of over $1000 would not. Just got a call from "Diane" that they have extended all of my FCC, I still need to book this year but can sail next year. Nothing extra but I did get what I asked for.

• Like 1