Can you still get luggage tags mailed?

kbert92069

On 8/25/2022 at 10:51 PM, lifeisrealygood said:

True, Celebrity NO LONGER mails out those wonderful luggage tags.  They instruct you to print them out from the boarding pass section of your on-line reservation.  They then suggest folding, then stapling or taping them to your luggage, or even having them laminated.  

I miss getting them in the mail, we always now print and then laminate them , I don’t believe that you need a color printer.

On 8/25/2022 at 11:51 PM, lifeisrealygood said:

True, Celebrity NO LONGER mails out those wonderful luggage tags.  They instruct you to print them out from the boarding pass section of your on-line reservation.  They then suggest folding, then stapling or taping them to your luggage, or even having them laminated.  

Well then they need to include them in the e docs mine and everyone else's on our cruise never received them just last page of e-Docs is blank. Managed to get them but its like pulling teeth. 😆 

52 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Well then they need to include them in the e docs mine and everyone else's on our cruise never received them just last page of e-Docs is blank. Managed to get them but its like pulling teeth. 😆 

Not our experience for our 21 September NE/Canada cruise on the Summit. Notified 30 days out that eDocs were available. Had the option to print luggage tags from eDocs or from our CP.

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Not our experience for our 21 September NE/Canada cruise on the Summit. Notified 30 days out that eDocs were available. Had the option to print luggage tags from eDocs or from our CP.

This is my 4th cruise since last November and first time that luggage tags have not been  attached to print out.

2 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

This is my 4th cruise since last November and first time that luggage tags have not been  attached to print out.

I agree it shouldn't be a sporadic problem. If Celebrity is to damn cheap to snail mail our luggage tags, they at least can make sure the luggage tags are available to print. Celebrity = consistently inconsistent. 

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

The problem is likely the software on your computer.  It did not recognize the format for the tags and gave you a blank page.

Truly wondering why so important to print out tags when they can tag at the pier?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I agree it shouldn't be a sporadic problem. If Celebrity is to damn cheap to snail mail our luggage tags, they at least can make sure the luggage tags are available to print. Celebrity = consistently inconsistent. 

Is profanity needed?  As I already said the tags are a graphics item that some might not have on their computer or printer.   If you print out your docs they are the last page.  Get a blank page and the problem is not with Celebrity. 

Personally I would rather the several thousand dollars it would cost to mail & print  them for everyone on a cruise be spent on better food on board.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The problem is likely the software on your computer.  It did not recognize the format for the tags and gave you a blank page.

Truly wondering why so important to print out tags when they can tag at the pier?

The issue is not with my settings  or others on my sailing.  The Celebrity agent verified that pages 1 and 20 are blank and this in the process of being corrected.  Yes I know I can get tags at the pier but prefer to have them beforehand. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

The issue is not with my settings  or others on my sailing.  The Celebrity agent verified that pages 1 and 20 are blank and this in the process of being corrected.  Yes I know I can get tags at the pier but prefer to have them beforehand. 

Just had this from Celebrity...
"We are currently aware of issues with the luggage labels missing from edocs and we have a team working on this. Please kindly wait until you are 7 days within sail date, if the luggage labels are still not available, please let us know and we will check further." 

• Like 1

Our docs had blank last couple of pages a week ago. I went back yesterday. and lo and behold, the luggage tags had appeared. Weird. All printed now. Also I could not check in to the following b2b cruise when check in was said to be available. Would let me start, but would stall out at addresses. Today, I could do the check in. 

On 8/25/2022 at 6:31 PM, jwlane said:

No mailed tags---actually no need for tags at all.  Easy peasy to get them at the pier.

I've done this with no problem, but my gut feeling is that a scribbled tag is more likely to get on the wrong ship then one that is properly printed in color.

4 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Is profanity needed?  As I already said the tags are a graphics item that some might not have on their computer or printer.   If you print out your docs they are the last page.  Get a blank page and the problem is not with Celebrity. 

Personally I would rather the several thousand dollars it would cost to mail & print  them for everyone on a cruise be spent on better food on board.

Now that's funny. 🤣 Thanks for the laugh.

4 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I agree. Hopefully your eDocs will show up. Part of the booking you/we pay for. Have you looked in your CP under "View boarding pass/Edit check in"? 

Edited by davekathy

48 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I agree. Hopefully your eDocs will show up. Part of the booking you/we pay for. Have you looked in your CP under "View boarding pass/Edit check in"? 

Yes I have checked there and they are not yet available. I'm sure they will fix the issue soon. 

1 hour ago, Mississippian said:

I've done this with no problem, but my gut feeling is that a scribbled tag is more likely to get on the wrong ship then one that is properly printed in color.

It makes no difference whether its color or black and white

The tags that are given at the pier are perfectly fine and will very slim chance luggage will go onto another ship. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Normally page 1 is the picture of the ship and the last page are the tags.  My last two trips have had the 1st and last pages blank as well.  Obviously they're having some issues and according to X they know about the problem and "are working on it".  (Uh huh) 🤨

• Haha 2