Skating Shows and Skating hours

Hi all! We’re heading out on a 7-night New England cruise on Voyager in October. I’ve looked everywhere for this information and can’t seem to find any details: 

What are the hours for Studio B for skating?
Do they offer any interactive/fun/themed skating  sessions?

How many ice shows do they offer over the course of a 7-night cruise? 

thank you!! 
(mom of a little figure skater who is really excited for this aspect of her first cruise!!!) 

Edited by Unicorniceskate
Grammar

1 hour ago, Unicorniceskate said:

Hi all! We’re heading out on a 7-night New England cruise on Voyager in October. I’ve looked everywhere for this information and can’t seem to find any details: 

What are the hours for Studio B for skating?
Do they offer any interactive/fun/themed skating  sessions?

How many ice shows do they offer over the course of a 7-night cruise? 

thank you!! 
(mom of a little figure skater who is really excited for this aspect of her first cruise!!!) 

On our 21 day sailing last week on Voyager the ice show was performed 3 times.

Take a look at the app for the current sailing to give you an idea. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Unicorniceskate said:

Been there, done that.

As a mother of a figure skater, I wouldn't bother bringing her skates. 

The rink is tiny and the ice crowded. She will not be able to do anything other than try to avoid the small hockey players bombing around the ice or the non skaters stumbling along.

The ice shows themself are gimmicky as there isn't enough length and width of the ice sheet to actual do much skating.

Do not open the above compass.  My malware protection detected a virus embedded in the download.

******** Malware link deleted*******

Host Carolyn

I admit my experience with the on board ice rink dates back to the time when the rinks were first introduced. We were on the Voyager of the Seas.

My daughter packed her Klingbeils and off we went.

As the ice rink was a new attraction, there were daily open skates.  Most were open to all, but there was also sessions for "experienced" skaters; i.e.; they had their own skates. Unfortunately, that was the only criteria.

My daughter went to the first "Experienced" session on the first sea day, tried to skate on a rink that she could cover the length in four pushes, avoided the child hockey players whose  joy were in checking the other hockey players and didn't bother skating again on the trip or any other cruises.

Royal Caribbean slowly decreased the open sessions (no more "experienced"), and used the area for either the ice shows (closed for show practice on those days) or covered the ice with flooring for other activities (Quest and other shows, dance parties, other meetings).