Half price fishbowls

rrraydon

Guest BasicSailor
2 hours ago, windsor26 said:

what is a fishbowl

A blend of alcohol mixed with different concoctions served in a fishbowl that will knock you to your knees if you drink to many of them.😉See the source image

So, I have a question is the fish bowl covered by the cheers package? 

We are getting cheers for the first time in a week and half after almost 50 cruises and I have seen these and thought it would be fun for hubby and I to get one to share!

If I remember correctly cheers covers any drink up to $25 a piece, correct?  How much is the fish bowl normally?

2 hours ago, wemjam said:

We are getting cheers for the first time in a week and half after almost 50 cruises and I have seen these and thought it would be fun for hubby and I to get one to share!

If I remember correctly cheers covers any drink up to $25 a piece, correct?  How much is the fish bowl normally?

I'm pretty sure fishbowls are excluded from cheers since they are considered more than "1" drink. But if you have cheers, you can get the same cocktail in a normal size. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wemjam said:

Single drinks only.  Things like fish bowls, doubles or buckets of beer are not included.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, thewynn said:

Do you know what alcohol is in those or if it is a specific drink?  How much are those on embarkation day?

If I recall correctly you can order any of the cocktails they typically make at the Redfrog Pub. Menu here: https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/fun-activities/menus/redfrog-pub-menu.PDF

I didn't get one on my last cruise cruise so I don't know the current price. 

1 hour ago, Bollycats said:

What is the normal price for a Fishbowl? Does it come with a souvenir glass we can keep?

38 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

Anyone have an estimate of the price?  It hasn't been answered yet.  😜

As I previously stated I didn't get one on my last cruise a few weeks ago, so this info may be out of date. Take it with a grain of salt and use it as a ballpark only.  Regular price of a fishbowl was $35 and came in a souvenir glass. Refills were $20. The 50% off only applied to the drink portion; so if buying the glass you would still pay $15 for the glass itself, and then another $10 for them to fill it up instead of the usual $20.  

Edited by variable283
  • Thanks 1

I looked up my downloaded menu from the Breeze in May and (Share a Caribbean Cocktail in a
larger-than-life Souvenir Fish
Bowl with reusable straws you
can take home!
$36.95
Refills only $21.95 )

But of course because of supply chain issues they were out of the Souvenir Fish bowls, and only had a dozen or so non Souvenir Fish bowls which they were always out of during happy hour.

• Thanks 1

There were no half price fish bowls in the Magic. We were told it would be half price on a port day but it never happened. You can get a pitcher for $21.95 plus gratuity every day. You don't need to buy the souvenir glass to do this, which I learned the hard way lol. Each pitcher is about 3.5 drinks.

Here are a few pictures from the Red Frog Pub on the Sunrise. These were taken October 2021. The prices may have changed a little, but this will give you an idea of the different drink choices. And not all ships have a happy hour on embarkation day. We ordered the fish bowls, minus the fish bowl itself, they came in a plastic pitcher. I believe they were half off of the $19.95, which was a great deal. 

20211018_135941.jpg

20211018_121002.jpg

20211018_121007.jpg

20211018_120955.jpg

• Thanks 2

On 8/30/2022 at 9:37 PM, rrraydon said:

Do they still have half price fishbowls on embarkation day?

Just got off a back to back on the Miracle. They had 1/2 price fish bowls on the first leg. It was a 10 night to alaska. On the second leg they did not have 1/2 price fish bowls. It was a 4 night to Mexico. So I guess it must depend on the cruise. 

Donna

So you can get any of the caribbean cocktails off that menu (or a personal favorite) for half price, or is it just a standard drink of their choosing the first day?

And thanks for the pictures Tim.

Edited by bguppies