Coco Cay Cabanas

28 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Willing to pay the price RCI is asking. 

Pretty much, although those prices vary wildly depending on season, how many ships are in port, which ships, etc.

Extreme example...

An OTW cabana is only $1499 on my Indy cruise next month (which is quite low nowadays). We're the only ship scheduled to be there right now.

On my June 2023 Wonder cruise (also only ship there), it's $3799!

Not sure what type of cabana you're hoping to reserve, but regardless, I don't think they sell out as quickly as it seems you believe. If you're keeping an eye out, you should be able to get one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Pretty much, although those prices vary wildly depending on season, how many ships are in port, which ships, etc.

Extreme example...

An OTW cabana is only $1499 on my Indy cruise next month (which is quite low nowadays). We're the only ship scheduled to be there right now.

Not sure what type of cabana you're hoping to reserve, but regardless, I don't think they sell out as quickly as it seems you believe. If you're keeping an eye out, you should be able to get one.

Wow, that's quite a price difference!

Thank you for your input.  I will keep checking and hope for the best!

We booked an Oasis Lagoon cabana on Black Friday last  year for $399 for a cruise on Harmony a couple weeks ago. I never saw the price less than $999 after that sale. I don’t expect to ever see that price again but I will be looking this Black Friday for a cruise next August.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

We booked an Oasis Lagoon cabana on Black Friday last  year for $399 for a cruise on Harmony a couple weeks ago. I never saw the price less than $999 after that sale. I don’t expect to ever see that price again but I will be looking this Black Friday for a cruise next August.

mac_tlc

Ooh!  Good to know!  That's quite a steal!!

13 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Extreme example...

$3799 for a couple of hours in a cabana? Yikes! 😱 I don’t think so!

That’s worse than the out of control pricing at Disney lately! 

13 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Extreme example...

Sounds like a bargain, go for it ! Not !!!😲

29 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Over the Water

image.png.4ff606e0e38420fbc3cac133363a3c65.png

image.png.5f4e1a7dc7b39982e4dfe4f0859049f0.png

image.png.c630c9a6dd0983e0af5a902ebca770fc.png

image.png.87864b6b46317193ef4c54128d7e8acd.png

Over the Sand Cabana

image.png.0dcceb4f89f8765a943b66bf53ea5e95.png

image.png.dbd33a2bc0e061a5ee071ab1094b0593.png

Cabana Lunch 

image.png.6619a3cb6de4475506f28bfe0dc957f3.png

image.png.5e042a1f415bd6d01ba5f0b16b931d08.png

image.png.523b8a0b4c38121c515176bc1f345eb3.png

image.png.051b53801ebe8b2e949427aab9ab9112.png

image.png.a54e15312a902359a711e770a75a13bc.png

image.png.3459887298f0861a3de00a9626cc8533.png

Any tips or tricks for getting a cabana?  Or for Coco Cay in general?

This is our first RCI in MANY years and we've never visited Coco Cay.  We're not big beach goers, but I think this would be a nice way to experience the island and relax in our own space.

6 hours ago, love2crews. said:

Any tips or tricks for getting a cabana?  Or for Coco Cay in general?

This is our first RCI in MANY years and we've never visited Coco Cay.  We're not big beach goers, but I think this would be a nice way to experience the island and relax in our own space.

Like Biker said, just pay for one….it’s not something that has to be snagged or needs any tricks to get. Last time we were on Cocoa Cay more than half were empty. The only trick is figuring out how to justify the price if it ends up costing more than the cruise. 

• 2 months later...

Another question...

I just noticed a lot of the excursions in my cruise planner are 50% off for Black Friday.  None of the cabanas are discounted.

Has anyone seen cabanas go on sale, especially during BF?

I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't included in any sales, but it can't hurt to ask!