Navigator of the Seas Brunch

On both August 22nd and August 26 Navigator cruises out of Los Angeles, the Main Dining Room had a brunch on sea days instead of Breakfast and Lunch.  It was from 9:00 to 1:00PM with a combination of items from the breakfast and lunch menu's.  

Any other ships doing this?  We were on Liberty in July and Radiance in June and they didn't have a brunch.

We thought it worked out well.

Jim

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, thetwoofus1 said:

On both August 22nd and August 26 Navigator cruises out of Los Angeles, the Main Dining Room had a brunch on sea days instead of Breakfast and Lunch.  It was from 9:00 to 1:00PM with a combination of items from the breakfast and lunch menu's.  

Any other ships doing this?  We were on Liberty in July and Radiance in June and they didn't have a brunch.

Jim

Love this idea. This option hasn't been on any of the ships we've sailed so far this year.

Navigator...January

Explorer....March

Harmony...April

Jewel...July

18 hours ago, thetwoofus1 said:

Jim

I boarded the Navigator on 8/19 and was told this sailing is the first Brunch to be served. It helps the dining room staff as they do not need to be ready till 9am.

Personally, what I did not like is the Brunch menu does not have the Royal Chicken sandwich or the Pulled pork sandwich. I only wanted the Onion Rings from the chicken sandwich, but was told they were not available.

I mentioned this to my waiter at dinner who then had me talk to the section Manager and she promised to have Onion Rings for me as an appetizer the next night. I thought she was just going to have the normal frozen pre made rings from the chicken sandwich. I guess they are not on board currently? I do know this ship has a Playmakers and you can get Onion Rings there for a charge($). I believe these are not the same that are serve with the Chicken sandwich in the dining room as pictures I have seen of the Onion ring tower from Playmakers look different.

She had the kitchen make me onion rings from scratch! They were great, but I did not want the kitchen to make this ‘special’ request for me everyday, but if your ship has switched to ‘brunch’ on sea days and you are craving onions rings you may have an option. Just give advance notice.

22 hours ago, thetwoofus1 said:

Jim

It was available and was excellent on Wonder of the Seas about four weeks ago on the sea day.