Live Reports - Cruising on Coral Princess September 2022.

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Just make sure you declare your duty free purchases as they keep a record. 

It will be within the limit on the declaration, so I won't need to declare it - if it does still actually exist for Willis Island.

Princess have devalued the drinks packages yet again. As of this cruise freshly squeezed orange juice is no longer included in either package. Apparently it's a corporate decision. A glass of freshly squeezed orange juice costs $7.50 now.

I'm very annoyed as freshly squeezed orange juice is the only juice I can drink. 

What will be next to be cut from the packages? 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Princess have devalued the drinks packages yet again. As of this cruise freshly squeezed orange juice is no longer included in either package. Apparently it's a corporate decision. A glass of freshly squeezed orange juice costs $7.50 now.

I'm very annoyed as freshly squeezed orange juice is the only juice I can drink. 

What will be next to be cut from the packages? 

Funny, here are the current terms:

What’s included in the Plus Beverage Package?
The Plus Beverage Package includes beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $16.00 AUD and under, all non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water (500ml only) post-mix soft drinks, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, frappes at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.

Not something that would bother me personally, but something I would stick to my guns over.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Funny, here are the current terms:

What’s included in the Plus Beverage Package?
The Plus Beverage Package includes beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $16.00 AUD and under, all non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water (500ml only) post-mix soft drinks, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, frappes at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.

Not something that would bother me personally, but something I would stick to my guns over.

Yes, apparently they haven't updated their website yet. 

There is a weasel sentence in their T&Cs that allows them to change things without warning. I've already yelled at our favourite head waiter about it. Apparently they can't keep up with demand as the majority of passengers are on Plus or Premier fares.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

There is a weasel sentence in their T&Cs that allows them to change things without warning. I've already yelled at our favourite head waiter about it. Apparently they can't keep up with demand as the majority of passengers are on Plus or Premier fares.

If they are happy to take the extra money for Plus or Premier fares, they should be prepared to deliver on what was in the package when you paid for it. I can't see that it is reasonable to change it later.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

If they are happy to take the extra money for Plus or Premier fares, they should be prepared to deliver on what was in the package when you paid for it. I can't see that it is reasonable to change it later.

surely it should be grandfathered for those who booked it ages ago on the original premise

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Absolutely. Their tills are ringing-up plus and premier fares, and the packages were designed with foresight. I can get that if the price of oranges tripled, but hardly the case. That exclusion could mean nothing and it could mean everything, but it usually applies to unexpectedly running out of something.

More than expected numbers must have been insisting on fresh orange juice for their mimosas.

Poor form. Even if they corrected the website today, there is likely 100K plus who have already booked under the existing terms. 

At least Royal Caribbean had the foresight, and has always excluded freshly squeezed juices from their drink packages.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I get the freshly sqeezed cranberry juice, less acidity than many other juices. Also helps me Salvation from that Zombie feeling that sometimes Lingers, In my Imagination or my Dreams.

I must try that for breakfast. I like cranberry juice but have never had it as a breakfast drink.

If it really is freshly squeezed it will also be on the "no longer covered in the package" list though. 

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I agree but that's what they do. They haven't even fully delivered what they promised for the package - there are only 9 wines by the glass, not the promised 25.

58 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

surely it should be grandfathered for those who booked it ages ago on the original premise

We booked the Plus package for the 2024 world cruise. If we choose to have freshly squeezed orange juice on that cruise it would cost us an extra $1,650!!!!!!

If they keep on devalueing the package we might have to re-evaluate the cost effectiveness of the world cruise. We're running close to the maximum of our budget for it as it is. 🙁

We booked the Plus package for the 2024 world cruise. If we choose to have freshly squeezed orange juice on that cruise it would cost us an extra $1,650!!!!!!

If they keep on devalueing the package we might have to re-evaluate the cost effectiveness of the world cruise. We're running close to the maximum of our budget for it as it is. 🙁

Forget the powerboard, and add these to your World cruise packing list. It would be awesome to see these in the dining room at breakfast time 😉

juicer.jpg.1fcca06faf1cb6b5361c9f55ba921325.jpg

oranges.png.56853c4831cb82891b7a00aa90532377.png

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Forget the powerboard, and add these to your World cruise packing list. It would be awesome to see these in the dining room at breakfast time 😉

juicer.jpg.1fcca06faf1cb6b5361c9f55ba921325.jpg

oranges.png.56853c4831cb82891b7a00aa90532377.png

Nah, too messy.

Next time I'll just bring on one of these. It's the next best thing to freshly squeezed juice and is what we use at home.

Screenshot_20220927-143938_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I must try that for breakfast. I like cranberry juice but have never had it as a breakfast drink.

If it really is freshly squeezed it will also be on the "no longer covered in the package" list though. 

Freshly squeeezed out of the bottle I suspect

6 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We have another med-evac this morning. The ship has slowed and they are clearing the upper decks ready for the helicopter's arrival.

Sad, after the one on last cruise. Hope they are ok.