Platinum priority embark/disembark ... Is it back?

Flip flop lady

29 minutes ago, Flip flop lady said:

Cruising from Charleston next week and we have an early flight. John H. posted on FB this morning that this was back.  Im not worried about embarkation, but Im nervous about getting to the airport in time.

I've looked and could not find that it was posted by him on FB

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Flip flop lady said:

Cruising from Charleston next week and we have an early flight. John H. posted on FB this morning that this was back.  Im not worried about embarkation, but Im nervous about getting to the airport in time.

Yes, priority debark was never stopped.  You will get the instruction letter as always last sea day.  But if you are cutting it that close, you might want to reconsider flights

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

Not trying to impose on the OP but, I always wondered what came first the flip or the flop? or is it Flop, Flip, Flip,Flop. So, confused 🤣 Now say that ten times real fast

Edited by BasicSailor

49 minutes ago, Flip flop lady said:

Send us a link or screenshot or something where he says it's back.

1 hour ago, Flip flop lady said:

Cruising from Charleston next week and we have an early flight. John H. posted on FB this morning that this was back.  Im not worried about embarkation, but Im nervous about getting to the airport in time.we resumed cruising in 

1 hour ago, Flip flop lady said:

We are platinum and resumed cruising in December. All luggage tags were no higher than  3.

Guest BasicSailor
9 minutes ago, shof515 said:

what is faster? self assist or the platinum debark? 

is there a priority for self assist? 

Diamond, Platinum self-assist .

here is John Herald’s response to this posting about early boarding:

No I’m afraid whoever posted that is completely wrong as it has not yet returned. It is a work in progress and is soon as it has I will let you and everyone know.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Flip flop lady said:

You'll be going against morning traffic, so unless you book a flight before 10am, you should be good.

Only a 15 minute drive from pier to airport.

Me trying to get to the pier in 16 days will be a 45-60 minute drive for a usual 30 minute trip.

Edited by bguppies

2 hours ago, Oldsweets said:

here is John Herald’s response to this posting about early boarding:

No I’m afraid whoever posted that is completely wrong as it has not yet returned. It is a work in progress and is soon as it has I will let you and everyone know.

Early Boarding has not returned  the OP's question was about debark to catch an early flight.  

5 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

Diamond, Platinum self-assist .

11 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Self assist Dia/Plat debark then self assist then Dia/Plat with checked bags

Non D/P self assist get mixed in with all others with checked bags. They have called alternating tag numbers with muster stations (self assist) on all the recent ships I have been on. I always do self assist but it is never faster than the low tag numbers.

9 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Early Boarding has not returned  the OP's question was about debark to catch an early flight.  

Title of thread is embark/disembark

3 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

And it seems that more people are opting for the self-assist method.  Just an observation from the Platinum group.

Depends on how long my cruise is. My wife and I will usually use porters to get our bags on the ship (easier to get through security and check-in etc), but we will carry them off. 

2 minutes ago, Flip flop lady said:

Thanks everyone,  I looked back at Facebook and couldn't find what I saw.  It was a response from him in comments on the thread where someone was complaining about Tea Time.  We plan to Uber to the terminal.  Is there a way to carry your own luggage on the ship?

Yep.  Just bring it in line with you.

Guest BasicSailor
46 minutes ago, Flip flop lady said:

Thanks everyone,  I looked back at Facebook and couldn't find what I saw.  It was a response from him in comments on the thread where someone was complaining about Tea Time.  We plan to Uber to the terminal.  Is there a way to carry your own luggage on the ship?

Just make sure it will fit through the scanner. Some of those ports seem to have rather small scanners.