drink package cups

StormySeas

I have seen some conflicting reports of non-insulated cups with straws being provided with the drink package. we sail on Liberty of the Seas in a few weeks and will pack our own cups if they are still using the cheap looking neon cups with straw. can anybody verify which cups are they giving now?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, moposh said:

Soda package?  You get a thermos you have to cart with you everywhere.

You get a cup with an RFID chip in the base of it that activates the freestyle machines.  You do not need to "cart it with you everywhere", you can get a glass of soda at any bar or restaurant by just showing your sea pass card.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StormySeas said:

I have seen some conflicting reports of non-insulated cups with straws being provided with the drink package. we sail on Liberty of the Seas in a few weeks and will pack our own cups if they are still using the cheap looking neon cups with straw. can anybody verify which cups are they giving now?

Got off the LOTS on 9/4 and they had the standard insulated tumblers like this:

s-l400.webp

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StormySeas said:

depends on the ship.  On Freedom a month ago it was the cheap ones, but our bar guy went and found us some of the good ones

2 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Brilliance end of Aug and they had the older traditional cups. However it was not communicated well to people that you had to pick them up at a bar. So lots kept asking my dau on day 1 where she got the cup. They used to be placed in your stateroom on boarding day. 

I agree 100% with this.  I had to ask someone where I could pick up my cup.