Favorite bar on Equinox?

sunsetme

23 hours ago, sunsetme said:

planning ahead, please enlighten me.

Depends on your mood and preferences.  May also depend on your drink package. 

Want a busy bar with great drinks and entertaining bartenders:  Martini Bar 

Fairly quiet bar with an impressive craft cocktail menu: World Class Bar

(Note, drinks at both of these bars are in premium drink package range.

Want a quiet place for a nightcap or to listen to music as the night winds on: Ensemble Bar.

Want to sit outside and watch the wake or to take in a sail away: Sunset Bar

Want to get a drink as you people watch the Atrium:  Passport Bar

Want a coffee based cocktail and a tasty treat: Cafe al Bacio

Sport bar vibe: Craft Bar

My suggestion is to visit them all and see which ones you like.  My favorites are the Martini Bar for a pre dinner drink; a post show craft cocktail at the World Class Bar (the Zacapa Old Fashioned is killer); and a nightcap at the Ensemble. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, capecodmercury said:

Depends on your mood and preferences.  May also depend on your drink package. 

Want a busy bar with great drinks and entertaining bartenders:  Martini Bar 

Fairly quiet bar with an impressive craft cocktail menu: World Class Bar

(Note, drinks at both of these bars are in premium drink package range.

Want a quiet place for a nightcap or to listen to music as the night winds on: Ensemble Bar.

Want to sit outside and watch the wake or to take in a sail away: Sunset Bar

Want to get a drink as you people watch the Atrium:  Passport Bar

Want a coffee based cocktail and a tasty treat: Cafe al Bacio

Sport bar vibe: Craft Bar

My suggestion is to visit them all and see which ones you like.  My favorites are the Martini Bar for a pre dinner drink; a post show craft cocktail at the World Class Bar (the Zacapa Old Fashioned is killer); and a nightcap at the Ensemble. 

This is as good a "bar menu" as I have read.  Terrific and accurate synopsis, IMO.

23 hours ago, Smmessineo said:

Afternoon at the Sunset bar with a pina colada and a cigar and a good book.

Passport bar before dinner for a light drink .

Martini bar after dinner for an espresso martini and great music in the atrium.

Sky lounge for their wacky horoscope drinks and dancing late at night.

Craft Social for cider when there's sports on the TVs.

World Class bar when i feel like drinking something fun that i cant get anywhere else on or off the ship.

Cafe al Bacio anytime i need to recharge and relax, with anything caffeinated, alcohol or not.

5 hours ago, bookitdanno said:

That's what I call a full day!

Full day? More like a part-timer, not visiting a single bar in the morning! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, D C said:

Full day? More like a part-timer, not visiting a single bar in the morning! 

14 hours ago, Smmessineo said:

I agree with others here, the Ensemble Lounge is nice ,too. Sometimes we go there when music is scheduled, it's a nice intimate setting .

I thought my earlier post was getting too long-winded so I left out a few 😀

A personal favorite is to spend the morning on one of the double loungers in the Solarium with a nice cold drink from the pool bar. A Tequila Sunrise definitely counts as a breakfast beverage.

And the rare hours that it is open, Slush right outside the Solarium starboard side has delicious frozen drinks. A real treat only available on the Equinox and I think the Eclipse.

Can you tell we make very very good use of our drink package😋

You didn't see that second post of mine. Mornings are in the solarium with a drink from the pool bar 😀

11 hours ago, Smmessineo said:

You didn't see that second post of mine. Mornings are in the solarium with a drink from the pool bar 😀

Missed that.  You're excused.  After all, you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning!

We usually hit up the Sunset for a post-walk drink.  DW's favourite morning drink order is "mimosa-hold the OJ"  Usually takes them a few seconds the first time 😄

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, sunsetme said:

just off Princess cruise where the bar menus were QR codes. Does Celebrity have real menus??

Yes. Even in the dining venues. Not everyone travels with or uses a smart phone while onboard. Mine is always off and locked in the safe the entire cruise. 

• Like 3

These are all great descriptions of the various bars on the Equinox . I usually wander around and try them all and then decide on which bartenders are my favorites or who make my drinks the best. Then that is where we usually end up.

Cafe Blanco also has a few wines and it might have Sambuca as it did on the last ship. Last year when we were on the Equinox , I looked at the schedule on the app and had such plans for going to the ensemble and listening to music etc. and then found a fabulous bartender at Craft social and ended up staying there most of the time or passport if we were not outside and up top.

we’ll be there next week.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 3:31 PM, LMaxwell said:

Sunset and one outside the Oceanview (basically right on top of one another) 

I forgot Equinox had that 'under bar'.  Always seemed to be very busy there, with people dining in the area.  Surprised the other S-class ships don't have something in that spot. 

Sunset Bar offers the view, and a smoking area along the lawn. Occasional live music.  Popular location and very good bar servers, as we just got off last week.  Mast Bar offers a few nice options. The Mast grill is only steps away. Burgers, dogs, fries, etc.  Always busy from open till close. Main pool is right down a short set of steps. It's a prime spot for tanning, with beverages right there. Also is a smoking, or vaping spot.  Walkers/joggers often stop for a drink while on the track which circles the pool area on this level.   Awesome bar servers there.  

• Like 1