Norwaylady goes b2b Alaska+Hawaii on Eclipse

Norwaylady

6 hours ago, chemmo said:

You sound very much like ‘my glass is half full’ people, many would bemoan that their first choice excursions had been cancelled rather that be happy there were other options. I am sure that Shore Excursions appreciated your understanding, I feel for them when cruisers get grumpy about something they have no control over.

Thank you! 

we are probably a good “half full glass”😅😂 

We are open minded that it often can be fixed or change to something similar or better. 

I have worked in hospitality industry , airline. Believe me, I know what shore excursions can meet or guest relations😝

One of the reasons we enjoy life is, 1. we have played our cards good and have the chance. Work, holiday and travels can be combined. 
2. Both Mr & Mrs Norwayladys grandparents died young 50% didn’t reach their plan.
Mr lost them to cancer at 61/64 years old. 

And Mrs lost them at 65/70. 
AND comment from both was: when we get retirement, we will travel the world! 

Yepp, you get the picture🤥 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Norwaylady said:

Thank you! 

we are probably a good “half full glass”😅😂 

We are open minded that it often can be fixed or change to something similar or better. 

I have worked in hospitality industry , airline. Believe me, I know what shore excursions can meet or guest relations😝

One of the reasons we enjoy life is, 1. we have played our cards good and have the chance. Work, holiday and travels can be combined. 
2. Both Mr & Mrs Norwayladys grandparents died young 50% didn’t reach their plan.
Mr lost them to cancer at 61/64 years old. 

And Mrs lost them at 65/70. 
AND comment from both was: when we get retirement, we will travel the world! 

Yepp, you get the picture🤥 

Fortunately we started our travels as soon as we had an income! Many years later we recently had to cancel/postpone our October cruise owing to health issues. The ‘sting’ of the cancellation was eased by knowing how much we have already seen and done! Much as we hope to be able to cruise again soon we are very aware how blessed we have been to have seen and done so much…

Looking forward to enjoying the rest of your adventures!

• Like 2

Sea day🤩🥳 Resting day😅

We slept inn and started the day at Milos lecture 09.30. He is always fun and have a great humour for our taste. 

After the lecture, it was time for some continental breakfast. Coffee & croissant🥰

Well, al bacio was packed and line long. 

We found a empty table on the sushi on 5 side of the atrium. 

Good location to follow the entertainment downstairs, archery and dance class. BUT don’t expect service. 

I know this is a “dead” spot for service. 

Yep, no server in sight…..

So after 20.minutes, I went to the line. After 32.minutes we had delivered coffee and croissants to our table🙃

Christian & the rest of al bacio team works very hard and they are very nice. 

Since this is a colder cruise, it seems like it’s even more crowded then normal😅

It doesn’t ruin our cruise😜🥵😤🤯 I’m not going anywhere today🤣🤣🤣

We had coffee and some croissants, blood sugar is rising and the day has officially “started” 

Archery was fun overlooking. 

No it’s time to take a walk outside and get som steps logged🙌🏻

Grand tour is running track-stairs up to deck 16-down to running track-up stairs to lawn and round sunset bar🙌🏻

At 14.00 it’s b2b meeting. 

6B251CBA-7E0C-4908-BDBB-F67AEA3183E7.jpeg

BF410A82-A272-48EC-AA68-C37117732F89.jpeg

• Like 2

B2B meeting was uneventful. 

We were given the envelopes for transit and a booklet of excursions available for next cruise. But not possible to book anything before next cruise has started. 

No fruit or refreshments. No pre booking of specialty dinners or other benefits. 

No raffle or other fun events. 

As of now we haven’t received news from MoveUp…. So it looks like we will be moving out of AQ to Concierge. 

We will “survive”😅🤣🙌🏻🥰❤️ (but I will be happy if we can stay in AQ;) 

B490B426-7169-44C7-9DBA-AC8432B3AD35.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Norwaylady said:

B2B meeting was uneventful. 

We were given the envelopes for transit and a booklet of excursions available for next cruise. But not possible to book anything before next cruise has started. 

No fruit or refreshments. No pre booking of specialty dinners or other benefits. 

No raffle or other fun events. 

As of now we haven’t received news from MoveUp…. So it looks like we will be moving out of AQ to Concierge. 

We will “survive”😅🤣🙌🏻🥰❤️ (but I will be happy if we can stay in AQ;) 

B490B426-7169-44C7-9DBA-AC8432B3AD35.jpeg

So, you do not have to get off at the port to be tested?  You can stay onboard without a test?  Just clarifying, so thanks.

• Like 1

Tonight is evening chick🤩

Love those evenings🥰

But this sailing, I feel a bit under dressed. (Normally I pack the lovely dresses in my closet… but they had to stay at home;) 

We stayed out in the lovely weather😎 lots of wildlife in the water to watch until it was time to dress up🕺🏻💃🏻 

Our housekeeper went up in smoke a few days ago. We don’t know if he is in quarantine or if he is I’ll of something else. 

They have split our zone to the neighbouring housekeeping. So it’s made up and towels delivered. But you can notice that they have more rooms to take care of. 

Tonight’s show is December’63.

We had a pre show cocktail in Sky lounge. Lots of whales puffing and swimming around us. 

At 18.30 I received the mail from MoveUp. Bid was not accepted, so we will move 1 deck down and into our concierge stateroom 10xx. 

We will ask if Blu can help us out, we are still waitlisted for select dining. We are booked on 2.seating 20.30. Not a world class  problem, but we need a table in a more quiet zone. 

Otherwise Norwaylady will have big problems. So we will ask politely if they can help us out. 

I tried to speak to the concierge about it earlier, she replied: next cruise problem, ask in the evening on the first night🙄 my experience is that it’s not working well on set dining. So we try to solve the problem before it’s a problem😝

Show was okay. Entertainment but not a winner. 

All ladies received a rose on arrival. 

Time to head for dinner😉

E4F9E2B1-1218-4E70-834B-2A484F805F99.jpeg

271A34B2-83E2-4C53-8021-8FA9ED9EABDC.jpeg

3AD211C3-3944-48D1-AA5C-5412214630C9.jpeg

Dinner tonight was lobster night🦞🦞🦞

Blu was warm and welcoming❤️ Service is great and we are not suffering in any way. They deliver extremely well every night🥰🙌🏻  They really deserve 10 points for the cruise evaluation. 

Dinner tonight was good. No tomato sauce or other items that was conflicting for the taste😋  yum yum in my tummy😋

Starters: crab cake, grilled feta cheese, apple salad and Blu Caesar salad. 

Main course: lobster and pepper steak 

Dessert: baked Alaska and ice cream 

Coffee & sambuca. 

After dinner we went to bed. New day and port of call awaits tomorrow😎

F9DEEA31-7A69-4A67-84CF-2B95CD7B55F2.jpeg

A7836F10-50C8-4A09-B5B8-A8AD2C098EBB.jpeg

21D54C14-DD92-4C7B-98CC-E764AA0211A2.jpeg

376A8B43-7919-48EE-A28A-6E9A719535AF.jpeg

22EA6EF7-7CF8-4276-A4BC-1E3D487D50E6.jpeg

B8D192B0-D61F-4473-8098-A7EF39A86F12.jpeg

3C6D015A-2946-41D1-A974-309EB51125F3.jpeg

957BB6A5-4162-41CC-9174-CDF2A2337D56.jpeg

1CE46267-7FDF-4E56-8063-C9B5FCB577C7.jpeg

C232ECC5-C027-4949-B5B6-F043609DC489.jpeg

F50DB1C7-7397-4DC2-8EFF-E24EBAF17398.jpeg

• Like 1

We will try to enjoy Victoria today. 

We are docking at 11.00. 

I just have to say, the letter of testing was really a “make my day” miserable. 

Mentally I was prepared for testing and when they said no on the b2b meeting my shoulders went down 3 inches. 

I had to take a rapid test for my own peace and wellness now. It’s negative😌 

It’s been very stressful before we boarded the ship and testing for the ship. You know from earlier posting that Mr was selected as random test person. But we were I’ll off covid in late July, so we were given the “free out of testing” card. 

And the testing for departure was really stressful due to failure at Testifly. 

You know it’s a new test on the ship. So you do take precautions. No elevator, no buffet, stay away from all people when possible. Wear face masks, wash hand and wear face masks on public transport/tour transport. 

We been doing all of it. 

But there’s always some “smart” people who don’t care. 

Last night, we moved seat’s in the theatre asap when they arrived. A couple was sitting sniffing snotty and sneezing. They were definitely not well. It was a cold/flu or covid. 

They should not been in the theatre. If my eyes could killed, they would be 3-feet under😅

Thanks for caring about your fellow passengers🤬😡🥵🤯😤

• Like 9

18 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

Yes, no test. I have asked twice and No. 

And at the meeting they said no testing. 

Great to hear.  

On our Cruise they had said they didn't think so and then 2 days prior to the end of the cruise the cases had spiked and we got appointment times via mail.   We didn't have a B2B meeting as there were so few B2B's and most had already done a B2B cruises before. 

1 hour ago, Norwaylady said:

Lovely way to start the day😔😤
as my shoulders weren’t high already. 

18A3CB43-6CF2-4DEF-AE1B-BE22EC099D8D.jpeg

Yikes... I guess I spoke too soon.   The same thing happened to us.   

Generally that means somewhere in the range of 2-3% of the guests have tested positive.     I know how stressful it can be.   My last test i came back to the room and tested myself for peace of mind.

When I tested positive on a B2B testing in April I had tested the night before at midnight  and was negative next morning a 7:00 Am I tested positive.   I thought it was a false positive but next day tested myself again and showed positive in less than 5 seconds... didn't even get up to the control line before being bright red.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

We keep the routine, coffee pick-up at al Bacio, breakfast delivered and off we go. 

Did some preparation for our b2b moving process, since we didn’t dock until 11.00. 

And just had to breath deeply to just adjust for testing🙄🫡 (it’s not like I haven’t been tested the last 2 years…. Believe me, I have😝 Due to work, both me and Mr has been tested approximately 1 a week and sometimes every day at work... and every visit to Longyearbyen needed 2 negative test, 5 trips… you do the math) 

But it’s a 🤪🙄🫣 process every time. 

Just before we left, some cookies arrived on the door❤️ Shaped like a 🍁 Really kind😘 

Back to Victoria😎

Beautiful weather and really beautiful place for a walk. The city is beautiful. 

Today plan’s was nothing (maybe get Mr a haircut). Just enjoy the city and (try to) enjoy ourselves. 

We did walk from Ogden point we’re we docked, walk by the ocean into the city centre, walked onward and crossed the bridge over to Marriott hotel. Beautiful view in to the city centre from there. 

Walked back to ChinaTown, took a walk around. 

Mr found a barbershop, so he could get a haircut AND we needed to find a local  beer🍺 

We had some guacamole and nachos for snack out in the sun and Mr got a beer😎

Then we continued onward to the commercial shopping street and walked by the park back to the ship. 

It’s been a awful daytime, unpleasant start of the day screwed it all up. I can’t help it, it’s just how a planner feels when you ambush them by important things. (Remember, engineer’s and lawyers like paper and forms in order…) 

Mr Norwaylady is a go-by-the-flow person, so he’s a happy camper even if his house is on fire😝🤪😅

1E20ABB2-5B56-48BE-9C0D-5F05F58A3128.jpeg

BB978285-BD08-4866-9618-49A7D5A0BA0C.jpeg

125DB486-6AC2-439E-9B85-E9C3E5F2D3A4.jpeg

6652EDF0-7341-408D-AFE4-D490AA0DA55A.jpeg

9BCB1D97-D017-4932-A1AD-94413F39A32C.jpeg

5EF95373-8D86-439C-8163-F6AC1DB0CEA0.jpeg

91F8E945-54B5-42C2-A038-C52A4910A3EA.jpeg

4B8E6A31-9891-447D-9BCA-273925820BE5.jpeg

8D6D6B05-2711-4418-9795-2688554426A6.jpeg

DC26D923-DBB2-4C5A-A757-6AA01E7AC488.jpeg

CBD4E719-9C76-412C-BE1A-E2DD4077AA28.jpeg

934BF43B-8EF3-4032-B36E-95D3466ECCE2.jpeg

B3ACCBC6-C705-4EE3-B8A9-D4520DE62CB2.jpeg

4508B417-BF70-4FD4-BEA7-CC7E596915C0.jpeg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Norwaylady said:

B2b testing preformed🫡

We are negative ✔️✔️

the air went out of the balloon of stress😵💫😬

Next stop is the jacuzzi, need some warm water to “land” the body. 

I have been loving your awesome review and so happy that your adventures with Mr. Norwaylady may continue without interruption. Can’t wait to hear more!

Edited by Mrs_Tiki
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Norwaylady said:

B2b testing preformed🫡

We are negative ✔️✔️

the air went out of the balloon of stress😵💫😬

Next stop is the jacuzzi, need some warm water to “land” the body. 

Glad to hear it.  I've done one b2b on Princess since the restart and was quite relieved when we didn't have to test.

• Thanks 1