Main DR lobster tails on 4,5 & 6 nt cruises?

mlbcruiser

We’ve cruised many times, especially on Royal Caribbean. However, we haven’t done a short cruise on any line in quite a long time & are thinking of doing one. I remember hearing that Royal Caribbean did not serve lobster on short cruises. How many nights long does a cruise have to be with them for free lobster to be served in the main dining room? (I know lots of people will say it’s  ot good lobster anyway,  but I still want to know.) 

I realize  this topic has been brought up before because I’ve seen things about it - quite a long while back,   but I can’t find any of those posts at the moment (although I searched).
Thanks for any information!

Edited by mlbcruiser

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had lobster tail on a 5 night sailing to Bermuda.

What ship?  EN did not on the 6 night in July.  And we've never seen it on the 5 night to Bermuda out of Baltimore either (3 trips).    You can buy the Chops lobster on any night.

Edited by BND

Sunshine, when was your cruise? I thought I had heard that it wasn’t served on three and four night cruises but again that was sometime ago.
Thanks for the replies. Maybe more people will respond who has had recent experiences one way or the other.

1 hour ago, mlbcruiser said:

Sunshine, when was your cruise? I thought I had heard that it wasn’t served on three and four night cruises but again that was sometime ago.
Thanks for the replies. Maybe more people will respond who has had recent experiences one way or the other.

Just off Indy four night. No lobster.

7 hours ago, kiterp said:

We just returned from the six day RCCL cruise to Bermuda from Baltimore.  There was a lobster night aboard that my table mate who ate four can attest to!

July 22 6 night on EN from Baltimore to Bermuda did not.  

I suspect, but can't prove, then when a ship has a mix of long (i.e. > 6 night) and shorter (i.e. 5 & 6 night) then they go through the motions of having lobster on board for the longer cruises so the 5 & 6 night cruises gain benefit from having lobster in the supply chain for that ship.

Short cruises such as 3 & 4 night never have lobster in the supply chain so they never offer it on board.  Although never say never because during the restart there was some short cruises that did offer lobster.  I suspect the food distributor had it frozen in the warehouse leftover from a surplus of food from the shutdown and they needed to get rid of it so they offered it at clearance prices.  

11 hours ago, BND said:

We just did a 6 night to Bermuda in July and there is no second formal night which is when lobster tail is served.

We did a 6-night to Bermuda.  We had two formal nights and there was lobster tail on the second formal night.

I will be on a 5 night Bermuda cruise leaving on September 24 which follows the 9 night leaving  the 15th (includes Canada). The ship is Adventure of the Seas. The “tentative” MDR menu does not list lobster on the menu any night except for purchase (the whole lobster or the tail with beef). This is my first 5 night.  Most of my cruises are longer (7+). Won’t really have an answer until I return. Loved multiple tails for dinner! This ship has made several runs from Bayonne to Bermuda for the 5 nights. Any feedback?

1 hour ago, moposh said:

We did a 6-night to Bermuda.  We had two formal nights and there was lobster tail on the second formal night.

We only had the first formal night on night 2.  DH and I mentioned that we had expected a second night but nope.  We were in a group of 20 people and a few mentioned it.

1 hour ago, BND said:

We only had the first formal night on night 2.  DH and I mentioned that we had expected a second night but nope.  We were in a group of 20 people and a few mentioned it.

I guess they didn't have any lobster.

2 minutes ago, moposh said:

I guess they didn't have any lobster.

Not an issue for us.  I'm allergic to shrimp so I don't eat any seafood.  DH hates it, but we didn't get the second formal night  menu at all either.