The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday September 17th, 2022

richwmn

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Are you willing to share what system you taught in

Baltimore County.

You can find the MD standards for the Social studies curriculum here. 

https://marylandpublicschools.org/about/pages/dcaa/social-studies/msss.aspx

I’m sure other states have similar websites.

Edited by 0106
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  Nice to hear good news @kazu and @smitty34877, let’s hope the streak continues!   I had a good oncologist check yesterday, And the smoke has cleared here today! 

Yum  on the drink and dinner!   We have also been fortunate to have both red pandas and giant pandas in our zoo in the past. 

@dfish mole is my fave,  thanks! I’m hoping the inspection goes well,  I’m sure things will work out. Real estate is tricky cause it’s just not business, it’s personal.  We have an outstanding realtor and when our son placed an offer in a very hot seller’s market, the realtor included a personal letter to the owner about why he wanted the house, I think it sealed the deal. 

It’s an interesting discussion about a constitutional monarchy,  polls here are suggesting things may be revisited.   The Queen will be an extremely hard act to follow.   Interesting  times.   

Our bromeliad is blooming for a third time and the orchids have new buds,  

076DDEF2-D586-4610-9729-8AA127E01D2F.jpeg

I'm pleased for you that you had a successful oncologist check yesterday.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The Junior Cat has eaten a little on her own! The v-e-t had dispensed two special foods; one is a gel that doesn't meet all nutritional requirements but can give the cat energy to eat other food, while the other is a more complete food, highly palatable and digestible, intended for very sick animals.

I gave her the gel several times last night and this morning, and when she started pushing the syringe away, I knew that she was getting stronger. This afternoon I switched to the other food, mixed with an equal volume of water. (When stirred, it liquefies enough to push through a syringe, but she has also been dehydrated and this is a way to get more water into her.) She hated it (the process, not the food) when I forced some into her mouth, but when I offered her the dish with the rest, she lapped some of it up. I'm leaving the rest there in case she goes back to it, but will replace it later if there's any left.

binocs.jpg.b72ea56efe9ba93ff71108117a5d9a10.jpg

• Like 16

Thank you @ottahand7@Horizon chaser 1957, @Seasick Sailor and @dfish for your replies and insight. It sounds like we did come together in a similar fashion almost 60 years ago. I had no idea JFK’s funeral was like that.

(I remember it, but only as a confused barely 3 year old who didn’t understand why Mommy was so upset and crying while watching the news (and probably the proceedings),  and wonderingly why Captain Kangaroo wasn’t on.)

• Like 5

13 hours ago, kochleffel said:

The Junior Cat has eaten a little on her own! The v-e-t had dispensed two special foods; one is a gel that doesn't meet all nutritional requirements but can give the cat energy to eat other food, while the other is a more complete food, highly palatable and digestible, intended for very sick animals.

I gave her the gel several times last night and this morning, and when she started pushing the syringe away, I knew that she was getting stronger. This afternoon I switched to the other food, mixed with an equal volume of water. (When stirred, it liquefies enough to push through a syringe, but she has also been dehydrated and this is a way to get more water into her.) She hated it (the process, not the food) when I forced some into her mouth, but when I offered her the dish with the rest, she lapped some of it up. I'm leaving the rest there in case she goes back to it, but will replace it later if there's any left.

That is really good news!  Progress.  I pray it continues 🙏🏻 

16 hours ago, bennybear said:

I had a good oncologist check yesterday, And the smoke has cleared here today! 

Yay!!!  👏 

16 hours ago, bennybear said:

Our bromeliad is blooming for a third time and the orchids have new buds,  

076DDEF2-D586-4610-9729-8AA127E01D2F.jpeg

Gorgeous!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1