Can you bring onboard cpap distilled water.

basilseal

Yes, you allowed to carry it on board, if you are sure you want to lug a heavy gallon of water along with your carry-ons. 

I have never seen distilled water in anything except a plastic jug, and plastic is no longer allowed. However, should you decide to buy it on board it will come in a plastic jug! So, if given any grief about the plastic bottle you are bringing aboard, I would argue the point. 

This is what the FAQs say

Purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers (including plastic containers) for use in conjunction with medical device(s) are allowed in checked luggage and must be packed with the device(s). Distilled/purified water in factory-sealed containers (including plastic containers) for the reconstitution of infant formula is allowed in checked luggage for staterooms with infant bookings. Limitations apply. Allowances are subject to change without notice and remain subject to situational assessments by both security and the vessel.

56 minutes ago, basilseal said:

Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring onboard distilled water?  I know it is available to buy onboard.

thank you

You can per-order a gallon to be delivered to your stateroom for $2.95 or you can order it on board for $4.95.  To preorder look under cruise activities, beverages, water.  Not worth transporting to save less than $2.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I have ordered a gallon distilled water twice from room service once on board. In March 2022, it was on Rotterdam, and in June 2022, it was on Eurodam.  I was not charged either time.  Maybe it went toward the Have It All package and was counted as a drink? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, LarsenPNP said:

I have ordered a gallon distilled water twice from room service once on board. In March 2022, it was on Rotterdam, and in June 2022, it was on Eurodam.  I was not charged either time.  Maybe it went toward the Have It All package and was counted as a drink? 😁

It would be funny if someone went to the bar and ordered it to have it credited to the HIA

• Haha 1

One thing to consider is if your ship is being fully resupplied for your cruise, and if there are likely to be any delays in beginning the restocking and boarding processes. 

On my recent cruise both were delayed until 1:30, and sailing was delayed to allow for restocking to be as completed as it was going to get. 
Unfortunately, that also meant that new stocks were not delivered to their intended venues and passengers that day (or night). There was no distilled water until the next day. 

Additional tip: if you are taking a longer cruise and will need another gallon, order enough in advance for the full cruise. 
I needed a second gallon during my cruise and wasn't able to get it as they had run out and there was none restocked anywhere along the itinerary. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2022 at 5:24 PM, JCP3 said:

You can per-order a gallon to be delivered to your stateroom for $2.95 or you can order it on board for $4.95.  To preorder look under cruise activities, beverages, water.  Not worth transporting to save less than $2.

Just returned from the 9-10 9-17 Symphony cruise. My travel agent requested the distilled water, but it wasn't there the first night. I asked the room steward and he went and got a gallon immediately, free of charge. 

On 9/19/2022 at 1:41 PM, Mary229 said:

This is what the FAQs say

Purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers (including plastic containers) for use in conjunction with medical device(s) are allowed in checked luggage and must be packed with the device(s). Distilled/purified water in factory-sealed containers (including plastic containers) for the reconstitution of infant formula is allowed in checked luggage for staterooms with infant bookings. Limitations apply. Allowances are subject to change without notice and remain subject to situational assessments by both security and the vessel.

I would be concerned about checking my bag with my medical device and water on for many reasons.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

I would be concerned about checking my bag with my medical device and water on for many reasons.

Yes -- my mom sleeps with an approved oxygen concentrator and we would not be separated from it! Better to risk using ship's tap water for a night or two than losing or damaging that very expensive device!

Edited by crystalspin

52 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

I do assume you would not check it through the airline but move things around before boarding and put it in you luggage delivered to your room.   Does a CPAP weigh a lot or is it something you put in your carry on?

3 hours ago, Mary229 said:

I do assume you would not check it through the airline but move things around before boarding and put it in you luggage delivered to your room.   Does a CPAP weigh a lot or is it something you put in your carry on?

My CPAP is very light. I carry it on planes with me. It doesn’t count as one of your allotted carry-on items. 

• Like 1