Prima TA 9/23/22 to 10/5/22 Semi-Live, Not

JIMESOPUS

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

If they offer Rumors see it! Awesome show as well, but go early! Thanks for sharing.

I have heard many people mentioning how good the Fleetwood Mac tribute is. Just wondering if there is any way to know in advance what sailings might offer it? I think Fleetwood Mac would be a good candidate for doing something semi-permanently like the Beatles in The Cavern Club.

1 hour ago, Red-Sol said:

I have heard many people mentioning how good the Fleetwood Mac tribute is. Just wondering if there is any way to know in advance what sailings might offer it? I think Fleetwood Mac would be a good candidate for doing something semi-permanently like the Beatles in The Cavern Club.

Joe, Getaway had the same show in April, this group seems to have more " fun ", the sound is much better in the Prima, just wish they had similar seating.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Joe, Getaway had the same show in April, this group seems to have more " fun ", the sound is much better in the Prima, just wish they had similar seating.

Jim is the Smaller Pour House the only available venue for acts like that? If so maybe they could do at least one night in the theater?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, kayjaypea42 said:

Are the "Cocktails on Tap" part of the Free at Sea beverage package? 

Yes, they are. All beverages up to 15 Dollar are included. In case it's more you pay the difference plus 20% service charge. Espresso Martini is 18 Dollar so you pay 3.60 Dollar extra.

steamboats 

5 minutes ago, Red-Sol said:

Jim is the Smaller Pour House the only available venue for acts like that? If so maybe they could do at least one night in the theater?

This band just plays in Syd's never seem them in the main theater. I think on the Breakaway there was the band and singers came from one of the shows, might be the same thing everywhere. 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 2:14 PM, bobby3334 said:

Iceland unseasonably cold unfortunately rainy all week.   Some reports of parts of Halifax hit.  Hope all improves.   Thanks, Jim.   Enjoy your great pics

No rain yet, even had some sun. Those who are looking for northern lights may disappointed with the cloud cover

3 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

IMG_2952.JPG

We were in Reykjavik in July for a few days before our NCL Star cruise. We saw these statues in front of Hallgrimskirkja and I couldn't resist myself from smacking the bum of one of them to check they were not live. 😁 ☺️

• Haha 4

Both gangways are located on deck#6, with the outside temps around 47 degrees, the Penrose and Belvedere bars where super cold, bartenders had their coats on. Another strange thing about this design.

No excursion tomorrow, guess we'll have are walking shoes.

Here is something that has never happen before, our excursion today was never discounted, latitudes perk. Inquiring at the desk tonight they said we had to ask for it, never had to before?

On 9/24/2022 at 4:06 AM, JIMESOPUS said:

Day 2 !!! Meet and Greet at 1100, south of the UK, crossing the Irish Sea. Dinner at Cagney's last night, for us and the camera it was a little dark, was able to sit near a window which helped us, seems strange it's located on deck #6. Basic menu no surprise here. Starting to get a feel for the ship, still somewhat confusing at times on the layout. If you like a balcony and don't mind being watched then deck #9 and #10 are for you. Couple of photo's of the balcony's that have the slide going thru. Crazy light show inside the lift.

IMG_2849.JPG

IMG_2853.JPG

IMG_2852.JPG

IMG_2845.JPG

IMG_2840.JPG

Would you mind telling us what cabins in your opinion have those slide chutes? Is it port or starboard side? Thanks in advance.

32 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

No excursion tomorrow, guess we'll have are walking shoes.

Here is something that has never happen before, our excursion today was never discounted, latitudes perk. Inquiring at the desk tonight they said we had to ask for it, never had to before?

That’s very interesting because we have to ask for it every time. Never gets applied automatically, whether we book online, via the app, via the kiosk, etc. 

7 hours ago, NYFirstTimeCruiser said:

Would you mind telling us what cabins in your opinion have those slide chutes? Is it port or starboard side? Thanks in advance.

Both, single on our side ( port ) and two on the other side

7 hours ago, cruiservictor said:

That’s very interesting because we have to ask for it every time. Never gets applied automatically, whether we book online, via the app, via the kiosk, etc. 

We had never asked for it, if we booked it aboard the ship. 

10 hours ago, cruiservictor said:

I booked excursions (2) online at my course and got the discount online. 

• Like 3

With nothing planned, decided to walk to Old Harbor. We used Harpa as our point of reference, great bathrooms on the second floor and place to warm up some. Had some extra time so we did FlyOver Iceland which was great. Had a hot dog for a quick lunch and walked around central Reykjavik before heading back.

IMG_3026.JPG

IMG_3025.JPG

IMG_3022.JPG

IMG_3018.JPG

IMG_3016.JPG

IMG_3014.JPG

IMG_3012.JPG

IMG_3011.JPG

IMG_3009.JPG

IMG_3008.JPG

IMG_3007.JPG

IMG_3006.JPG

IMG_3005.JPG

IMG_3004.JPG

IMG_3003.JPG

IMG_3002.JPG

IMG_3000.JPG

IMG_2998.JPG

IMG_2997.JPG

IMG_2996.JPG

IMG_2995.JPG

IMG_2993.JPG

IMG_2992.JPG

IMG_2990.JPG

IMG_2989.JPG

IMG_2988.JPG

IMG_2987.JPG

IMG_2986.JPG

• Like 8

18 hours ago, cruiservictor said:

When I book online it automatically applies the Latitudes discount. This is on UK booking site 🇬🇧 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

3 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Cagney's tonight, using our voucher. Syd's again tonight, 2 shows. Laundry day too. Need a drink, off to find a warm bar 

I assume laundry is a send out, or are there self service machines like on some Princess and some HAL ships?

24 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I assume laundry is a send out, or are there self service machines like on some Princess and some HAL ships?

NO self-service laundry facility!

11 minutes ago, bobby3334 said:

Related to above question about laundry, how long does it take to come back if you send out?   Thanks.   Mike

A day or two, generally speaking. Usually nicely folded and in a woven basket.  Sometimes items will be on hangers.