The whole beverage package conundrum.

Galesa

1 hour ago, LizzGo said:

As long as we’re talking drink packages, I have a question. We have the HAI with our upcoming cruise. How to we upgrade the drinks package? 

Someone quite recently said they were successful in getting the upgrade to Elite for $11.80 per day per person, by going to a bartender (not server) before using the HIA/SBP at all. That means not accepting a sailaway beverage from the roaming waiters. In their case the bartender had to call a manager...

(that's $10 + 18%)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LizzGo said:

As long as we’re talking drink packages, I have a question. We have the HAI with our upcoming cruise. How to we upgrade the drinks package? 

Edited by lavictoria
found answer

1 hour ago, highscar said:

@crystalspinno share, I’m single. But like to have mix to enjoy a drink or two on my balcony without having to go to wherever the cola is. 

I think this is how they get us. We pay big money to drink what we want within reason and then they tell us how many and when. I was on Celebrity in 2012 and had the soft drink package and had a sever tell me there wasn't enough time in between my last COKE.👿

4 hours ago, new kiwi girl said:

Can someone tell me if frozen margaritas are under the $11 price limit?

Since most cocktails are under the limit, and a margarita is just a standard cocktail, I would expect it would be under too. 

If you search the boards, I am sure you will find links to the bar menus; I don't remember if there is one already in this thread. 

19 hours ago, Sailnsurf said:

I noted from a recent view of specialty restaurant menus that there were very few drinks under$11. Can one order off the HIA package?

Yes you can. 🙂 

We were debating this issue for our upcoming cruise.  The HIA pkg for us was $50 per person per day & did not include crew incentive.  We are not big drinkers & our bar bill on any given cruise never reaches the $50 per day amount.  But when we considered it included: 1 specialty dinner, 1 shore ex, internet & up to 15 drinks per day, we think it is worth it.

I appreciate the advice of asking for unopened waters & sodas for our cabin.  We do enjoy the specialty coffee too.  So a couple of those along with sodas, water & a few cocktails makes it worth it.  IMO

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Have not sailed with HAl but a couple of test bookings show HIA as $60 or more per day.

I believe they were running a special.  Their web pg said "have it all" for 1/2 price.  It quoted regular price as $99 per person per day.  We pd $1400 for 14 days, 2 passengers.

We had no call the shore excursion telephone to get the $50 price.  

Another benefit was that we were allowed to book our specialty restaurants & shore excursions ahead of time.

Edited by Banditswife

47 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

I believe they were running a special.  Their web pg said "have it all" for 1/2 price.  It quoted regular price as $99 per person per day.  We pd $1400 for 14 days, 2 passengers.

We had no call the shore excursion telephone to get the $50 price.  

Another benefit was that we were allowed to book our specialty restaurants & shore excursions ahead of time.

Thanks, still comes to $60 pp on my test bookings. Also includes Gratuities but it seems that is not usual with HIA.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 7:44 PM, Tedferg said:

Thanks, still comes to $60 pp on my test bookings. Also includes Gratuities but it seems that is not usual with HIA.

Does the extra $10 cover crew incentive?  If yes, that would be worth it.  Our does cover drink gratuities.

1 hour ago, Banditswife said:

Does the extra $10 cover crew incentive?  If yes, that would be worth it.  Our does cover drink gratuities.

I am new to HAL, by 'extra $10' do you mean it is usually $50 per day? On Princess it is stated as $50 or $75 for new Premier package. I have not seen a stated amount on HAL website. Recent test bookings do not include Gratuities and that would mean it does not work for us.