Vision of the Seas self serve laundry.

Yep, and you both are Diamond, you get that benefit for each. At Diamond+, the bag o’ laundry is free.

I’ve seen in recent posts here that they appear to limit the bag contents to like five specific types of laundry, and if you stick a pair of rolled up jeans in the bag, they will charge for that. However, someone else said that you still can put anything in the bag that is just “wash and fold”. I’ll have another data point next week.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, redtinarn said:

So I can just bring clothes pins instead of needing magnetic hooks?

I just fold the few wet items over the line. If I need more drip space I put things over the shower head and/or shower basket.  I've never wanted magnetic hooks.

This thread has got me thinking.

Wet bathing suits, and sweaty workout undies, can be washed and then hung in the shower to drip. What other clothing would have to be washed during a cruise?

Business shirts worn at the office or shop for one day usually need to go into the wash. On a ship, which is so much cleaner, even several wearings have never given us "ring around the cuff".

Wet garments on hangers in the cabin?  Dripping on the carpet and possibly bed?  Does anyone do this at home?

• Like 1

Roll Really wet stuff in a towel then hang for a while in bathroom and the on back wall of balcony., though dh reminded me magnetic hooks didn’t work well on our balcony on Anthem. 

Edited by njkruzer

Just off Wonder 4 weeks.   Yes, laundry required.  

A mix of "boil and fry", dry cleaning...and yes....magnetic hooks to dry hang  washables over night.  

To each their own.  I would rather not over pack...or run around as "Ms. Stinky".  😄  My laundry line second week.....I hand wash...roll tightly in towels, then hang to dry.  No drips involved.  😉 

20221022_055331.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

This thread has got me thinking.

Wet bathing suits, and sweaty workout undies, can be washed and then hung in the shower to drip. What other clothing would have to be washed during a 

Wet garments on hangers in the cabin?  Dripping on the carpet and possibly bed?  Does anyone do this at home?

At home?  I have a new modern invention...a washer and dryer.  😄 

My system...no drips on bed and floor.   Roll in towels to almost dry, hang  overnight...no dripping anywhere.   

Have you ever taken anything other than a four night cruise?  😉  I am on WC...you betcha I will be doing my own laundry on board.  A mix of hand laundry, "boil and fry" and dry cleaning.  

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Have you ever taken anything other than a four night cruise?  😉  I am on WC...you betcha I will be doing my own laundry on board.  A mix of hand laundry, "boil and fry" and dry cleaning.  

LoL, usually 8 to 18 nights per cruise for us, one regular suitcase each.

Of course, WC is in a class by itself.

12 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

LoL, usually 8 to 18 nights per cruise for us, one regular suitcase each.

Of course, WC is in a class by itself.

😄 I can almost get by on a two week cruise (B2B)...but will always send out the freebie "boil and fry" about mid week.   Pretty much common for me to do the "Wednesday wash day".   I only sent dry cleaning out (for heavier things that need pressing) twice on the month long Wonder we just disembarked from.  Hand washing a few light things, smoosh in towels to wring out all excess moisture, then hang to dry over night helps out as well.  

Keeps me from overpacking.  😉  And yes...same as us.  One regular suitcase each, and our carry on bags.  

We don't take less than two weeks at a time...and now even that seems short.  😮 

4 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

I often go on vacations lasting up to 2 weeks.  I have never did laundry on vacation.  Airlines accept up to a 50.7 lb bag which is more than sufficient for one person.  

Fine for young types like you...the DH and myself like to keep our suitcases a bit lighter.  Old bodies don't lift things well.  😄   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1