Will Carnival let you borrow/take a kids life jacket off for an excursion?

cruisingguy007

I brought my youngsters life jacket last time but will have more people traveling with us this time and want to pack lighter so there is less luggage. I feel better with him having a life jacket on even though he can swim and thought maybe I could barrow one from the pool area and bring it back when the excursion is over; this would be an official excursion through the ship. Has anyone done this or tried to do this? Thanks.  

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I brought my youngsters life jacket last time but will have more people traveling with us this time and want to pack lighter so there is less luggage. I feel better with him having a life jacket on even though he can swim and thought maybe I could barrow one from the pool area and bring it back when the excursion is over; this would be an official excursion through the ship. Has anyone done this or tried to do this? Thanks.  

NO

12 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Hell no. For emergencies only.

The OP question was "could barrow one from the pool area".  The kids swim jackets available by the pool area are NOT the same an the life jackets for emergencies only, but still can't be taken off the ship.

To offer an additional layer of safety, all ships in the Carnival fleet provide complimentary swim life vests for use in ship pools. Life vests for children of various sizes are available and on display near the main midship pool. We also have adult sizes up to XL-size (extra large/chest size 43-46 inches). Guests can take them and replace them during the day, as they wish. Life vests cannot be worn in WaterWorks or on the slides and cannot be taken ashore.

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

tour operator provides life jackets on all the excursions ive been on 

I've already been on this one and they don't have them, it's for a pool, not a boat ride. In essence, Carnival is the tour operator since I'd buy the excursion from them. They usually have a bunch by the pool that are unused and especially on port days when the ship is empty. I'd just like to avoid packing one. I was actually surprised the excursion location didn't have any onsite. I guess I'll just have to pack one again, ugh. 

54 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I've already been on this one and they don't have them, it's for a pool, not a boat ride. In essence, Carnival is the tour operator since I'd buy the excursion from them. They usually have a bunch by the pool that are unused and especially on port days when the ship is empty. I'd just like to avoid packing one. I was actually surprised the excursion location didn't have any onsite. I guess I'll just have to pack one again, ugh. 

What about an inflatable swim / snorkel vest like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Rrtizan-Children-Portable-Inflatable-Swimming/dp/B01DPAKCPY/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3EYIU33OUXZ8M&keywords=inflatable+swim+vest+child&qid=1664578990&sprefix=inflatable+swim+vest+child%2Caps%2C66&sr=8-4

It would take up less space in your luggage than a traditional life vest.

Edited by ShakyBeef
link didn't work
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Thanks for the suggestion. That particular one looks a bit cumbersome, he can swim very well (in a backyard pool) but the resort pool is deep and large with odd rock walls that are not easy to grab. Plus there are these caves where he can be out of view. He is used to his ski vest and it doesn't encumber his swimming, I just figured the pool ones would be a nice alternative to have on hand. I should probably just take the vest he is used to. I appreciate the suggestion though.   

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 6:10 PM, cruisingguy007 said:

In essence, Carnival is the tour operator since I'd buy the excursion from them. 

Unfortunately, Carnival is not the tour operator any more than a travel agent is operating the cruise.  The act as a "middle man," contracting with tour operators in ports and then selling the excursions, normally with a mark up.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2022 at 4:58 PM, cruisingguy007 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. That particular one looks a bit cumbersome, he can swim very well (in a backyard pool) but the resort pool is deep and large with odd rock walls that are not easy to grab. Plus there are these caves where he can be out of view. He is used to his ski vest and it doesn't encumber his swimming, I just figured the pool ones would be a nice alternative to have on hand. I should probably just take the vest he is used to. I appreciate the suggestion though.   

You might contact the resort and see if they supply them. 

• Thanks 1