Terrible Experience

rklo

2 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Sure it would!

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

? Wait I can spend 6 hours of my Saturday on the phone fixing Royals F up. Or I can have my TA do it? I think I know which one I would choose. 

OK just read terms and conditions first.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

My TA can deal with the "terms and conditions". I will suck down another two or three cocktails while they handle it. 

Fine obviously you haven’t or you wouldn’t make comments like that. Enjoy your cocktail.

That’s OK i haven’t bought certificates either and didn’t know until I actually read them.  The certificates haven’t been applied yet.

Edited by c-leg5

44 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Which paragraph of the terms and conditions does it cover improper notification of final

payment date?

None as far as I can see., why quote me?

I don’t understand the final payment date and I certainly don’t understand why the deposit and final payment date are the same. I have certainly never had weeks to pay a deposit.

Edited by c-leg5

10 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

None as far as I can see., why quote me?

I don’t understand the final payment date and I certainly don’t understand why the deposit and final payment date are the same. I have certainly never had weeks to pay a deposit.

I quoted you because you said “a TA wouldn’t help” in this situation and to “read the terms and conditions”

As you have just verified the T&C does. Or cover this faux pas 

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I quoted you because you said “a TA wouldn’t help” in this situation and to “read the terms and conditions”

As you have just verified the T&C does. Or cover this faux pas 

The point is when you quoted me I was quoting those who said the OP should have booked through a TA, and let the TA “deal with it”. My post was irrelevant to the point you were referring to.

Quoting from the T&C, since some don’t seem to want to acknowledge the problem

Certificate may be used only as a form of payment toward a new reservation made directly with Royal Caribbean International.  After the gift certificate has been applied to a new reservation, the reservation may be transferred to a travel agency.

According to the OP, the certificates have still not been applied and in accordance with the T&C, they were not permitted to book through a TA. 

Once the OP filled in some of the facts that were missing from their original post (although not all)  their problem became clearer. I never had an issue with the OP, only those who said they should have booked through a TA.

I have never bought the certificates and probably never will, (because I had already read previously that it was complicated to redeem them) but I did take the time to read the terms and conditions.

I hope the OP manages to get their problem resolved satisfactorily.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Regarding the certificates,I surprisingly had no issue having them applied to my booking.

I just e-mailed the pdfs as an attachment, gave them my booking #, ship and sail date (I added the last name  just in case).

What might have helped is that I am no where near final payment date

1 hour ago, 2chiefs said:

Yes it would...

Can some of you not read? 

A TA could not help in this situation because you cannot use these certificates unless you are booked directly with the cruise line. That means NO TRAVEL AGENTS. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

The point is when you quoted me I was quoting those who said the OP should have booked through a TA, and let the TA “deal with it”. My post was irrelevant to the point you were referring to.

Quoting from the T&C, since some don’t seem to want to acknowledge the problem

Certificate may be used only as a form of payment toward a new reservation made directly with Royal Caribbean International.  After the gift certificate has been applied to a new reservation, the reservation may be transferred to a travel agency.

According to the OP, the certificates have still not been applied and in accordance with the T&C, they were not permitted to book through a TA. 

Once the OP filled in some of the facts that were missing from their original post (although not all)  their problem became clearer. I never had an issue with the OP, only those who said they should have booked through a TA.

I have never bought the certificates and probably never will, (because I had already read previously that it was complicated to redeem them) but I did take the 

They should have booked through a TA.

• Haha 1

On 10/1/2022 at 8:36 PM, Qextor said:

A ship is something they want, so they will pay for it.  Better customer service? As long as their ships get filled, they have other things to worry about.  I remember the time when Princess stopped selling Drink packages, because of new tech they had that would deliver a drink to you wherever you were on the ship. So many pax actually cancelled their cruise, or at least threatened to, that drink packages were reinstated.  That's what it takes to get through to Corporate - a big enough uprising that they have to listen or lose revenue.

However, a good reservation system will save money in the long term.  Less customers calling to complain and tying staff up.  Time = Money

On 9/30/2022 at 5:52 PM, rklo said:

Thanks all. Guess I’m most disappointed in how they reacted/handled their screwup, not that the screwup happened. People and companies make mistakes. Would have thought that they would manage a problem of their own doing better, but I was wrong. Will avoid RCI in the future.

when did you book the  cruise? If depost was Oct 7, and final payment  was Oct 7 it sounds like you booked it on Oct 7 or just a couple of days earlier. Perhaps you booked it in Late September?

Also, I have noticed on Celebrity, we have an April 23, 2023 cruise with Jan 23rd final pmt date  but now they are booking with January 2 date for cancellation and get your deposit back--havinf =g said that the price to get refucndale is rather high. So I think they want all non refundable now.

On 10/1/2022 at 1:43 PM, c-leg5 said:

Wouldn’t help in this case.

I have 4 cabins on a Thanksgiving cruise where we can open the partitions on the balcony and have one big party. 7  months after we booked (the day the cruise was offerred)  price came down  and we had the prices lowered but somehow one cabin was changed. The TA took care of it after i really pushed it-(last time I use the TA) and we are back together-they asked the folks in my original cabin to switch and they did. Either RC screwed up or the TA did.

The TA should be on top of it all, some are some are not.

8 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Of course, they do. :classic_rolleyes:

There is a big difference between then, 2019 and earlier, and now--Back in 2019 I booked a NF Aqua cabin  on Celebrity for a B2B Dec 2020,  which cut cost by 900 per cruise which was the deposit--good risk reward as it cut my cost by 20%. til Covid came around as until then the only time we cancelled was a serious health issue in family.

Fast forward to now-it now costs 2000 to get non refundable in a cruise in Aqua as the price for 12 days is near 14,000. And 2k makes one think about it. Meaning the cost of cruising.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 3:13 PM, njkruzer said:

My only other suggestion is email mbayley@rccl.com. the people there seem to be able to get things done.

Thank you njkruzer. I have done as you have said and while they have not yet sorted out the certificates issue, I have received a reach-out from Jeanelle at their executive office and she is working on trying to resolve the issues with my reservation, and she apologized for the exorbitant amount of time that I’ve had to spend on their mistake (which apparently was caused by some engineering mistake in the design of their website reservation system). She said that she would handle my reservation from this point, which is a great deal of relief.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rklo said:

Thank you njkruzer. I have done as you have said and while they have not yet sorted out the certificates issue, I have received a reach-out from Jeanelle at their executive office and she is working on trying to resolve the issues with my reservation, and she apologized for the exorbitant amount of time that I’ve had to spend on their mistake (which apparently was caused by some engineering mistake in the design of their website reservation system). She said that she would handle my reservation from this point, which is a great deal of relief.

Glad to help.

32 minutes ago, rklo said:

Thanks for the update.  Please let us know when it gets worked out.