Main Dining Room All You Can Eat?

Reds4life

2 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

I suppose within reason.  We did hear the guy behind us order 3 appetizers, 2 entrees and 3 desserts on a recent Alaska cruise.  The waiter didn't seem to be blink an eye.

I can relate. I almost always order two entrees - usually one beef or chicken and the other seafood. Usually a soup and salad as well. Thanks

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Crew News said:

No limits in the Main Dining Room but the Specialty Restaurants are another story.

It appears in the specialties you can order multiple apps and desserts but additional charge which is listed on the menu 

• Like 3

The only additional charge in specialty restaurants is if you order a second entree or one of the upgrade for fee items. ( lobster/caviar  etc). I’m on Nieuw Amsterdam now. The exception that has been reported is on the Westerdam (aka“Testerdam”) where an “experimental” charge is/was being tested for additional appetizers also. I haven’t heard any reports from Westerdam recently if the $7 extra charge is still on the menus. Anyone on board know?

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 1

Yes.  The $7.00 upcharge in the Pinnacle grill is on the menu for an additional appetizer.  Westerdam September 4 sailing Alaska.  We each ordered an appetizer and also ordered and shared the clothes line bacon.  We were not charged extra.  

Edited by bluesplayer
spelling
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, bluesplayer said:

Yes.  The $7.00 upcharge in the Pinnacle grill is on the menu for an additional appetizer.  Westerdam September 4 sailing Alaska.  

The Westerdam was running this as a test, presumably to see what the traffic would bear. IIRC, there is no extra charge for a second appetizer on the other ship. 

1 hour ago, RuthC said:

The Westerdam was running this as a test, presumably to see what the traffic would bear. IIRC, there is no extra charge for a second appetizer on the other ship. 

Heading off to sail on the Nieuw Statendam..  will check it out.  

On 10/4/2022 at 1:02 PM, SilvertoGold said:

I suppose within reason.  We did hear the guy behind us order 3 appetizers, 2 entrees and 3 desserts on a recent Alaska cruise.  The waiter didn't seem to be blink an eye.

Wow, hungry man.

12 hours ago, Reds4life said:

I am only referring to the main dining room. If I am reading this correctly, no additional charges for multiple entrees, apps, or desserts in MDR? Just making sure

In the MDR there are no additional charges for entrees, apps and desserts. (Unless it was an added up charge item like lobster, etc) Correct. 

Edited by oakridger

IMO,

portions are small but adequate......Because they put the starters, appetizers, salads in one section, people tend to not order all 3.....but not me!

I enjoy picking a appetizer, soup, salad, entree and dessert (5 courses)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

IMO,

portions are small but adequate......Because they put the starters, appetizers, salads in one section, people tend to not order all 3.....but not me!

I enjoy picking a appetizer, soup, salad, entree and dessert (5 courses)

That's what I am talking about

20 hours ago, PACD_JG said:

I think the OP will be happy that they'll be able to rep Appalachia on this trip.

Proud to be from Appalachia. Born and raised. I try to make the world a better place everywhere I go. 

Edited by Reds4life
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1