Why doesn't the Anthem T/A's get the perfect day at Cococay?

ace2542

21 hours ago, Digjharper said:

Obviously the OP is at the wind up but to a certain extent I agree with him/her/they.

Probably RCI could encourage more passengers to join the cruise if they added a “sunshine” resort to an expected low sun exposure route.

To give RCI some further advice, they would make an absolute fortune if they could also include Las Vegas as a stop to an Autumn Transatlantic cruise 😂 

Actually, my Transatlantic on NCL last April NY-Barcelona, first stop was an overnight in Bermuda. Which was nice because it broke up the consecutive sea days. Next stop was the Azores. Somehow we missed CocoCay lol.

9 minutes ago, nferr said:

Actually, my Transatlantic on NCL last April NY-Barcelona, first stop was an overnight in Bermuda. Which was nice because it broke up the consecutive sea days. Next stop was the Azores. Somehow we missed CocoCay lol.

NY to Bermuda to Azores is only 400 NM further than NY to Azores.  So, not much of a diversion.

• Like 1

Just now, Another_Critic said:

NY to Bermuda to Azores is only 400 NM further than NY to Azores.  So, not much of a diversion.

True. It's just a nice warm weather stop on a Transatlantic. And instead of 6 consecutive sea days to Europe you have four between Bermuda and the Azores.

17 minutes ago, nferr said:

True. It's just a nice warm weather stop on a Transatlantic. And instead of 6 consecutive sea days to Europe you have four between Bermuda and the Azores.

Yes and the ship was going ti the Med so it made sense.

On 10/7/2022 at 6:07 PM, nferr said:

Who really wants to miss the Azores for CocoCay on a transatlantic? Can do CocoCay on just about any cruise.  The Azores on the other hand...

But it is the azores on a Sunday. I would rather have Lisbon on a monday if we are not going cococay than the azores on a Sunday. Or boston or Halfax?

Edited by ace2542

On 10/8/2022 at 6:53 PM, njkruzer said:

Yes and the ship was going ti the Med so it made sense.

But it is the azores is a Sunday. Any other day would be great but Sunday in Portgual a lot of things close though they may open for 5k people coming off a ship. I am hopeful they do.

Edited by ace2542

55 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

But it is the azores is a Sunday. Any other day would be great but Sunday in Portgual a lot of things close though they may open for 5k people coming off a ship. I am hopeful they do.

Don’t worry, they will be.

Edited by Digjharper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Not sure what cruise schedule you are looking at but our TA leaving next week we're in the Azores on day 5, a Friday, not a Sunday, as we sail on Monday, 10/17.  Halifax day 9, Boston day 11.

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

Not sure what cruise schedule you are looking at but our TA leaving next week we're in the Azores on day 5, a Friday, not a Sunday, as we sail on Monday, 10/17.  Halifax day 9, Boston day 11.

The eastbound Anthem in May 2023. We  get Azores, Cherbourg and Le Harve.

8 hours ago, ace2542 said:

But it is the azores on a Sunday. I would rather have Lisbon on a monday if we are not going cococay than the azores on a Sunday. Or boston or Halfax?

Sounds like you booked the wrong cruise, then🤣🤣

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ace2542 said:

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I was there on a Sunday once. It was pretty dead

I was there on the May 2022 Anthem TA on Sunday ... it was very lively, at least at the port.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Why have they taken Halfax off the Eastbound T/A? They removed it in 2019 and have yet to put it back

You seem to be the only one concerned.

Why would you even ask me that anyway? I have no expertise in matters like that, and it's unrelated to my post 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 9:54 AM, ace2542 said:

If Baltimore is such a great cruise location how come to my knowledge only a small Royal class ship sails out of their. Grandeour isn' it. And why has Philly never invested in it's cruise terminal?

Baltimore is cool but there is a bridge (w/limited clearance) which constrains the ship size

21 hours ago, ace2542 said:

The transatlantics on Anthem are never very good ports. One of the reasons why they use to be cheap.

As a European it would be nice to have a few interesting ports in the warm Caribbean and for it to do a more southerly route but that's the breaks for starting in NY and finishing in S'ton.

Usually the TAs going to the Med, especially on the smaller ships have a more interesting route, and you could always do a b2b with a Caribbean cruise first 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sgmn said:

The transatlantics on Anthem are never very good ports. One of the reasons why they use to be cheap.

As a European it would be nice to have a few interesting ports in the warm Caribbean and for it to do a more southerly route but that's the breaks for starting in NY and finishing in S'ton.

Usually the TAs going to the Med, especially on the smaller ships have a more interesting route, and you could always do a b2b with a Caribbean cruise first 

Do you think is it a true that one of the main UK cruise agencies takes like half that ship on them T/As? They claim they do. Cherbourg won't be bad. Would have prefered Boston, or Libson to Azores on a sunday. It is that it is on a sunday had it been any other day woudn't be that bad but Portugal sundays are very touchy things. Do they hit the azores westbound on a Sunday?

Edited by ace2542

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

And as an American (on an American cruise line 😄 ), it would be nice to have a few interesting UK/Ireland/Europe ports.   

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 2:15 AM, ace2542 said:

Happens, 4-5 times I've stopped at a Port and was a National Holiday with maybe 10% shops even open. On a Sunday, happen's every wk some where, know I've done dozen's and just have deal with it. Line isn't going change it later

Edited by ONECRUISER

8 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Do you think is it a true that one of the main UK cruise agencies takes like half that ship on them T/As? They claim they do. Cherbourg won't be bad. Would have prefered Boston, or Libson to Azores on a sunday. It is that it is on a sunday had it been any other day woudn't be that bad but Portugal sundays are very touchy things. Do they hit the azores westbound on a Sunday?

🤷‍♀️no idea, I either book through an interline TA or direct through RC. Whoever is cheapest. 

Would be nice to stop at Madeira or Canaries but I guess the route isn't southerly enough 

I've only done two TA,  one non stop east bound on QM and one RC east bound which stopped at the Azores and a couple of western Europe stops in Portugal and France 

Edited by sgmn

16 minutes ago, sgmn said:

🤷‍♀️no idea, I either book through an interline TA or direct through RC. Whoever is cheapest. 

Would be nice to stop at Madeira or Canaries but I guess the route isn't southerly enough 

Next fall's Anthem TA stops at the Canaries and Bermuda.

ONEWAY FROM:  Southampton, England to Cape Liberty (New York), New Jersey

VISITING: 
  • Southampton, England
  • Vigo, Spain
  • Lisbon, Portugal
  • Lanzarote, Canary Islands
  • Tenerife, Canary Islands
  • Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda
  • Cape Liberty (New York), New Jersey
  • Thanks 1