Tote bag?

bitob

On 10/9/2022 at 3:51 PM, bitob said:

Busy getting my luggage ready for Luggage Forward

This will be our first Regent cruise

Bitob, sorry I can’t answer your question re Concierge but if you’ve in a Penthouse or above you get a tote bag (and a butler)

Just wondered if you were planning to blog about your first Regent cruise - I vicariously followed your Silverseas one on the Crystal CC site?

I hope you enjoy your cruise.

LP

36 minutes ago, lprp said:

Bitob, sorry I can’t answer your question re Concierge but if you’ve in a Penthouse or above you get a tote bag (and a butler)

Just wondered if you were planning to blog about your first Regent cruise - I vicariously followed your Silverseas one on the Crystal CC site?

I hope you enjoy your cruise.

LP

Actually the cruise is 2 legs -- I'm in PH for first leg and Grand Suite for second - lol - so I am sure I will get a tote bag.  I loved doing the SS blog but now that Crystal is returning I don't think there is the same level of interest on the Crystal boards in finding other lines to sail.  The diehards are going to back to Crystal no matter what.  We are not going back -- ships are old and I am not happy with how things played out.  I love Silversea.  I have a ton of Regent cruises booked so I hope Iike it as much or more.

We are traveling with 2 other couples with whom we have cruised often and meeting another Crystal cruiser on board.  I expect to have nothing less than a great cruise.

Thx

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lprp said:

Would love to hear your views on Regent. We never got around to sailing Crystal as we enjoy Regent so much.

Happy sailing.

Maybe I will post something on regent boards—

Former Crystal aficionado tries Regent. Lol. I will have plenty of time. Tons of sea days 

• Like 2

Would be interested to read your thoughts. We used to sail Crystal but moved over to Regent and I don't think we'd go back to Crystal for the same reasons you cite, unless there was a very compelling reason to do so. We've also tried a couple of Cunard QG cruises this year. I'm curious about Silversea so will look up your blog. I'm sure you'll enjoy Regent; we were in a GS earlier this year on Explorer and enjoyed it very much.

4 hours ago, DaisyUK said:

Would be interested to read your thoughts. We used to sail Crystal but moved over to Regent and I don't think we'd go back to Crystal for the same reasons you cite, unless there was a very compelling reason to do so. We've also tried a couple of Cunard QG cruises this year. I'm curious about Silversea so will look up your blog. I'm sure you'll enjoy Regent; we were in a GS earlier this year on Explorer and enjoyed it very much.

I’m encouraged to post. Lol. Looks like I’ll have a small audience 

my ss blog on the crystal boards is very detailed. Every menu posted. Tons of photos. We loved it 

we did our first Cunard qg cruise last year on queen Elizabeth. Decided to try qm2 b2b ta next year. We love sea days 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

@bitob Please post - we’re doing Regent in December so I’ll be interested in your comments 

Guess we’ll just have to bring our Crystal Society totes along to use as we’re not Concierge class or above so no Regent freebie for us 😉😂

It will be a conversation starter ….

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

@bitob Please post - we’re doing Regent in December so I’ll be interested in your comments 

Guess we’ll just have to bring our Crystal Society totes along to use as we’re not Concierge class or above so no Regent freebie for us 😉😂

Stickman -- where do you think I should post my running review?  On Crystal Boards on Regent board?  I expect "one Crystal diehard" will say it is inappropriate to post on Crystal -- but the Crystal folks may be waiting of a year to cruise on Crystal -- they have to learn about other lines.  We just had a running commentary open Seabourn by Roland 4 (who btw will be on Regent with me)

Edited by bitob
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, lincslady said:

I did something similar once, and it did not go down too well with a few.

Haha! Maybe perhaps was it from a lower class line, X, Royal or (shudder!) Carnival?

JK! Nobody flame me - I’m just joshing!

2 hours ago, bitob said:

where do you think I should post my running review?  On Crystal Boards on Regent board?

It is always good to read reviews from those new to Regent on this board.

Perhaps put a link to the thread on the new(?) Crystal Board so that those interested in trying alternative cruise experiences can read a balanced report.

Some Crystal die-hards may only be interested in negative comments about other cruise lines to reinforce their blinkered views 🤨 

🤔 Maybe we are guilty of the same as regular Regent aficionados 😉 😎

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

It is always good to read reviews from those new to Regent on this board.

Perhaps put a link to the thread on the new(?) Crystal Board so that those interested in trying alternative cruise experiences can read a balanced report.

Some Crystal die-hards may only be interested in negative comments about other cruise lines to reinforce their blinkered views 🤨 

🤔 Maybe we are guilty of the same as regular Regent aficionados 😉 😎

I left Regent and Oceania to sail Crystal. I am headed back to Regent - there is no Crystal.  Seabourn and Silversea don't have the same itinerary. The itinerary fits my need to cruise.  I don't expect it to be Crystal.  I am sure I will be able to give a balanced review.  As they say, Time will tell

Edited by ChatKat in Ca.
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, bitob said:

Stickman -- where do you think I should post my running review?…I expect "one Crystal diehard" will say it is inappropriate to post on Crystal...  We just had a running commentary open Seabourn by Roland 4 (who btw will be on Regent with me)

I’d say if there is a modicum of comparison to it then the Crystal board makes sense (with maybe a link to it from the Regent board) - don’t worry about what others might say, the CC Hosts have not pulled comparison threads before and live from threads are encouraged. I’d say putting it on the Regent board  and then comparing to Crystal will just antagonise the Regent die hards 

As Chatkat correctly points out Crystal classic is simply no longer and no one knows what the new Crystal will offer when they resume - but a comparison between old Crystal and Regent is still appropriate  as many of us have the old Crystal as our benchmark (for me I only sailed Crystal with one excursion to Seabourn which did not work for us)

You're in good company with Roland4 who we’ve been lucky to sail with - he and Mrs Roland are very experienced cruisers - and relaxed so I’m sure you’ll enjoy a nice drink and chat in the equivalent of the Palm Court 

• Like 2

Tote bags, luggage tags and lovely trivia prizes and jackets.  Who cares what jacket or tote we use?  I pick the best quality tote. Lined with inner zipped pockets. And quality counts. NOT the tote just offered on Seabourn Quest which I left for them to pawn off with chocolates which were not so good. We frequent cruisers know and appreciate quality gifts. 

• Like 1

Maybe I should wear my Crystal or Silversea Explorer shirts, bring my Seabourn Windbreaker.

DW should wear her Viking Princess headwear, that will bring back memories.

Post the review or running commentary on Crystal.  We should have enough regulars onboard.

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Like 3