Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

6 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Hi Aussieflyer from Barton;  it’s great to be back in our wonderful town, even with all the potholes which seem to have expanded and multiplied while we were away.  The road in Weston Park near to us is like an obstacle course.

Sorry to hear you had COVID on your cruise - but it seems it's everywhere and a bit of the luck of the draw whether you pick it up (though certainly it seems the quad vaxxed does help in mitigating the symptoms). 

Have a short 2 day Grand Princess next week with a friend, then a Tasmanian one with my son at the end of the November. Poor MrAF has to wait till the end of January for the QE Culinary cruise (though he is not a fan of cruising to be honest and I drag him along albeit he remains in good humour).

Also have a friend and her sister on the Coral at present - they are fine and having a wonderful time.

It has been not at all like a proper spring and yes, those potholes are treacherous! Take care.

Edited by Aussieflyer
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

Hello Pushka - nice to see you here 😃

Well, when I saw you were active again on the cruise forum I couldn't help but join in 😁. Wonderful to be seeing people on cruises again. Hopefully Covid doesn't cause too many issues for people though. 

Covid. Caught it not on a cruise but in the UK. Very very mild. In fact only knew I had it as I was a close contact. Off my husband. Caught it from him I assume but 8 days later after his positive. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

Sorry to hear you had COVID on your cruise - but it seems it's everywhere and a bit of the luck of the draw whether you pick it up (though certainly it seems the quad vaxxed does help in mitigating the symptoms). 

Have a short 2 day Grand Princess next week with a friend, then a Tasmanian one with my son at the end of the November. Poor MrAF has to wait till the end of January for the QE Culinary cruise (though he is not a fan of cruising to be honest and I drag him along albeit he remains in good humour).

Also have a friend and her sister on the Coral at present - they are fine and having a wonderful time.

It has been not at all like a proper spring and yes, those potholes are treacherous! Take care.

Enjoy both cruises.  Our replacement QE cruise is between yours.  We may pass you on the gangway on 28 Jan.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Johhno said:

Just reported on the 4.00PM 7 News here in Perth that the Coral will no longer be stopping at Geraldton due to bad weather conditions on Thursday 27th.

Is that weather forecast accurate or simply, convenient. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pushka said:

Is that weather forecast accurate or simply, convenient. 

Great to hear from you again, Pushka.

It's accurate. I checked the BOM Total Wave Height maps. The predicted swell is around three metres from the SE and I think it's expected to be quite windy as well. Geraldton doesn't have much shelter for tender operations.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's accurate. I checked the BOM Total Wave Height maps. The predicted swell is around three metres from the SE and I think it's expected to be quite windy as well. Geraldton doesn't have much shelter for tender operations.

Thats unfortunate weather but reassuring to hear that the Govt is able to manage any situations and not panic. I guess it doesn't make any difference to you currently. How many more days are you onboard? And fingers crossed that test turns negative very quickly for you. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pushka said:

Thats unfortunate weather but reassuring to hear that the Govt is able to manage any situations and not panic. I guess it doesn't make any difference to you currently. How many more days are you onboard? And fingers crossed that test turns negative very quickly for you. 

We're onboard for another 14 days. We'll miss a few ports we wanted to visit but we can always do this cruise again - we like long cruises with plenty of sea days and travel insurance is a lot cheaper if we keep away from the US.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Hi Julie and Rolf, hope you are improving. I also had a look at Wave heights on BOM. Looks a bit nasty early next week also across the Great Australian Bight, a bit of 6 metre bouncy stuff.  Good fun but not good for tendering. Bad luck missing Geraldton, it is a nice port.

What are the planned ports from Fremantle back to Sydney?

IDY30002.sigWaveHgt.126.png

Edited by NSWP

I spotted a post on FB that seemed to indicate everyone onboard has to do a RAT this morning, probably as a requirement by the WA government before allowing the ship to dock tomorrow. 

We didn't get the notice, of course, as we are already in isolation and Rolf already has to do a RAT daily.

I wonder how many positives this will flush out?

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I spotted a post on FB that seemed to indicate everyone onboard has to do a RAT this morning, probably as a requirement by the WA government before allowing the ship to dock tomorrow. 

We didn't get the notice, of course, as we are already in isolation and Rolf already has to do a RAT daily.

Hopefully not too many, as the shock media will be waiting near the pier.

Is it only those planning on going ashore, or everybody.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Hi Julie, I thought we hadn’t seen you around but we’ve also had no internet, relying on 4g etc when we’re in port!

Frank tested positive yesterday avo after feeling cold symptoms in the avo. We did own rat tests and immediately notified medical on board. He only has mint or symptoms more a bit of a cough. He’s in iso for 5 days out in 1nov as long as he tests negative (a medical team member will come and do test) presumably supervised rat)

they sent a bottle of cough mixture and they seems very effective.

i am negative so

offic not in iso, allowed to move about with mask whole time, can go to buffet and get food and bring back to room

if I want. Also all room service options available which will be our preference. I am treating it as iso period too. Very handy is the free wifi giveN to keep up with things. Hope you’re both doing well 🥰🥰

• Like 4

Just now, Cbtours said:

Hi Julie, I thought we hadn’t seen you around but we’ve also had no internet, relying on 4g etc when we’re in port!

Frank tested positive yesterday avo after feeling cold symptoms in the avo. We did own rat tests and immediately notified medical on board. He only has mint or symptoms more a bit of a cough. He’s in iso for 5 days out in 1nov as long as he tests negative (a medical team member will come and do test) presumably supervised rat)

they sent a bottle of cough mixture and they seems very effective.

i am negative so

offic not in iso, allowed to move about with mask whole time, can go to buffet and get food and bring back to room

if I want. Also all room service options available which will be our preference. I am treating it as iso period too. Very handy is the free wifi giveN to keep up with things. Hope you’re both doing well 🥰🥰

I'm sorry to hear that, Irene. I hope Frank gets well soon. Did they offer him the antivirals? 

Rolf has tested negative again and still has no symptoms. 

I seem to be moving through a range of symptoms:

Day 1 was sore throat day

Day 2 was stuffed nose day

Day 3 was sneeze day

Today seems to be cough day but not too bad. I have a good supply of some weird but effective cough tablets that I've been using for years. Unfortunately they can only be bought in Singapore.

You also get free drinks so if you want to stock up on soft drinks etc for the rest of the cruise now's the time. 

Room service is pretty good. Did they deliver the MDR lunch and dinner menus to you today? If not ring Guest Services.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm sorry to hear that, Irene. I hope Frank gets well soon. Did they offer him the antivirals? 

Rolf has tested negative again and still has no symptoms. 

I seem to be moving through a range of symptoms:

Day 1 was sore throat day

Day 2 was stuffed nose day

Day 3 was sneeze day

Today seems to be cough day but not too bad. I have a good supply of some weird but effective cough tablets that I've been using for years. Unfortunately they can only be bought in Singapore.

You also get free drinks so if you want to stock up on soft drinks etc for the rest of the cruise now's the time. 

Room service is pretty good. Did they deliver the MDR lunch and dinner menus to you today? If not ring Guest Services.

Yes they just delivered breakfast lunch and dinner menus but it was first time she had given any out so she wasn’t sure what to do with them and asked me to check with room service (as in leave outside or phone in order).

I didn’t see drinks in the letter? Only about paying for alcohol??? Didn’t see anything about soft drinks???

they brought a cough syrup for Frank at 10.40pm last night, apologising saying they were very busy. (In the medical centre) but didn’t qualify with what.

it certainly seems to have settled the tickle, thought he’s actually slept most of the morning, a symptom I guess.

we have been told he is in iso til 1 Nov when med team will come and conduct test. If negative he’s out right away, if positive he has to get tested everyday up to10 days. Anti virals weren’t mentioned so maybe it depends on symptoms? Did you have to specifically request them?

• Like 1

Sorry to hear the news, Irene and Frank (CBtours.) The blasted lurgy is certainly spreading. I hope you get better soon.

Do you have a balcony cabin?

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cbtours said:

Yes they just delivered breakfast lunch and dinner menus but it was first time she had given any out so she wasn’t sure what to do with them and asked me to check with room service (as in leave outside or phone in order).

I didn’t see drinks in the letter? Only about paying for alcohol??? Didn’t see anything about soft drinks???

they brought a cough syrup for Frank at 10.40pm last night, apologising saying they were very busy. (In the medical centre) but didn’t qualify with what.

it certainly seems to have settled the tickle, thought he’s actually slept most of the morning, a symptom I guess.

we have been told he is in iso til 1 Nov when med team will come and conduct test. If negative he’s out right away, if positive he has to get tested everyday up to10 days. Anti virals weren’t mentioned so maybe it depends on symptoms? Did you have to specifically request them?

We just ring our lunch and dinner orders through to room service although we're having trouble getting through to them today.

You can order drinks through room service with your meals, or through the app. We've ordered wines by the bottle through room service and canned soft drinks and haven't been charged for them. We do have the Plus package but that doesn't cover those items. Rolf is getting very good double espressos through the app.

I get tested again on the 30th. 

I asked about antivirals and the doctor worked through a few things with me before deciding I was a good candidate for them.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Sorry to hear the news, Irene and Frank (CBtours.) The blasted lurgy is certainly spreading. I hope you get better soon.

Do you have a balcony cabin?

We’re in a balcony so fine. Hope you’re doing ok is more to the point 🥰

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

We’re in a balcony so fine. Hope you’re doing ok is more to the point 🥰

Good you are in a balcony, fresh air. I am going ok, Drs again tomorrow.

I am concerned for all you sick mob on the ship, keep your spirits up.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Good you are in a balcony, fresh air. I am going ok, Drs again tomorrow.

I am concerned for all you sick mob on the ship, keep your spirits up.

I counted 10 tables on our half of emerald deck on way back with our soup from international cafe! So presume there has been some spreading since last few days. Theatre has been full masks for past few days and generally seems everyone adhering to mandate. 
not sure If cases have increased since Broome? 

• Like 3