Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They just said they'd retest me on the 30th. I started to feel a bit better this afternoon but who knows how long I'll test positive for. I've heard of people who test positive for weeks even though they have fully recovered. Covid is a weird beastie! I'm not sure what the Princess protocols are in that case.

Wonder if they will provide individual letters confirming positive, as I’m sure that will be needed for insurance claims (confinement to cabin claim on ours). Has this been mentioned to you?

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've moved on to Remy Martin XO cognac since all drinks are free while isolating.😊😊😊

Do you think that’s cos of having package though? I ordered ginger ale for Frank via the app and it showed as a charge

Just now, Cbtours said:

Wonder if they will provide individual letters confirming positive, as I’m sure that will be needed for insurance claims (confinement to cabin claim on ours). Has this been mentioned to you?

We haven't got cruise-specific travel insurance. We just reactivated our annual policy which covers basic things like medical cost on a cruise but not the rest. And I'm really not bothered about those extras. So we miss a port, so what, we'll get there another day. So we're isolation, so what, we're getting fed great food all day, unlimited drinks, we can still enjoy the sea views from our balcony and, apart from some cold-like symptoms on my part, we're very comfortable. Plus Rolf can go for a walk around the ship when he wants to. 

• Like 7

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

We haven't got cruise-specific travel insurance. We just reactivated our annual policy which covers basic things like medical cost on a cruise but not the rest. And I'm really not bothered about those extras. So we miss a port, so what, we'll get there another day. So we're isolation, so what, we're getting fed great food all day, unlimited drinks, we can still enjoy the sea views from our balcony and, apart from some cold-like symptoms on my part, we're very comfortable. Plus Rolf can go for a walk around the ship when he wants to. 

Totally agree. Just the only way to get cover for us for cruise was to add on the cruise pack which wasn’t very much difference, maybe $60(with 1Cover).  So seeing as it’s a benefit there we might as well claim! 🥰
agree we are well looked after 🥰

• Like 1

Just now, Cbtours said:

Do you think that’s cos of having package though? I ordered ginger ale for Frank via the app and it showed as a charge

It shouldn't have. This was in the letter I got when I first went into isolation.

251018313_20221027_2030422.thumb.jpg.c4cd337b95049efda2be8ee6819797d8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It shouldn't have. This was in the letter I got when I first went into isolation.

251018313_20221027_2030422.thumb.jpg.c4cd337b95049efda2be8ee6819797d8.jpg

Thanks, I’ll have a closer look. Looks like we had stock letter as it stated 7 days iso on franks letter and medical centre def said 5 

Just now, Cbtours said:

Thanks, I’ll have a closer look. Looks like we had stock letter as it stated 7 days iso on franks letter and medical centre def said 5 

The Medical Centre initially said five days to me when I was first tested but after I tested positive the next day they said they'd retest me on the 30th which was seven days. 

Tomorrow is Day 5 from developing symptoms.

22 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The Cruise Passenger article is up online. They've been very accurate in quoting me.

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/news/id-rather-be-here-than-at-home-a-pandemic-passengers-story-from-the-coral-princess/

Great article. Well done. I wish I had had someone bringing food and drinks to my door when I had covid! You're right - it's better than being at home!

• Like 1

Just now, LittleFish1976 said:

Great article. Well done. I wish I had had someone bringing food and drinks to my door when I had covid! You're right - it's better than being at home!

Thank you. Apart from the food and drinks you get free medical treatment including expensive antivirals if appropriate. I really can't think of a better place to come down with Covid, and good timing too. By the time we get back to Sydney I should be fully recovered and hopefully Rolf will have avoided it altogether.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The Cruise Passenger article is up online. They've been very accurate in quoting me.

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/news/id-rather-be-here-than-at-home-a-pandemic-passengers-story-from-the-coral-princess/

Excellent article. You obviously gave the reported good information to write it. 🙂

13 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I just read it. I love your attitude.

I'm wondering do you need to have pre-existing medical conditions or be over a certain age to get the anti viral meds? 

Just now, joejoe 59 said:

I just read it. I love your attitude.

I'm wondering do you need to have pre-existing medical conditions or be over a certain age to get the anti viral meds? 

I'm not sure. They did check what my genereal health was like and what meds I was on in case of contra-indications. I had to stop taking one while on the anti-virals. 

I think most of the passengers on this cruise are seniors anyway.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm not sure. They did check what my genereal health was like and what meds I was on in case of contra-indications. I had to stop taking one while on the anti-virals. 

I was just wondering as we had covid end of May & my husband took a month to get over it. He is an ex smoker & everything always goes to his chest, hasn't smoked for 30 years now though. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Great article in Cruise Passenger publication, Julie. A story well told and factual.

Re the antivirals Joe Joe 59 enquired about, you have to be diagnosed with Covid and currently still have Covid before Dr will prescribe them on PBS as I asked for them pre Coral 13-22 Sept. So as I did not have Covid, no anti Virals.  He told me some Drs will do a private script for them without diagnosis but the cost for the medication is $1,000.  My sister got one of those as a precaution before she went to England a couple of months ago.

All the best to you and Rolf, good to see you are eating and drinking well.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

Just now, joejoe 59 said:

I was just wondering as we had covid end of May & my husband took a month to get over it. He is an ex smoker & everything always goes to his chest, hasn't smoked for 30 years now though. 

I used to always have problems with chest infections even before I quit smoking around 35 years ago, but my GP insisted I have the pneumonia vaccine a few years ago and I haven't had a problem since that, including with Covid at the moment. I had some coughing yesterday but it seems to have eased today.

• Like 2

Julie, there are lot of CC people on your cruise, apart from Cbtours,  have you heard from any others, like in Iso?   If you knew all their cabin numbers you could have a ring around, to keep the spirits alive.☎️

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

This report from the ABC is reasonably balanced. They are getting an extra day in Freo. Here is an excerpt.

"Ms Fitzgerald said it was suspected the virus had been picked up somewhere in Australia.

"I think we have COVID everywhere in the community," she said.

"Cruise ships are really the only place now where we're actively managing with testing and tracing.

"I think if we were to test 100 per cent of people in WA right now, we would find a small number of COVID cases, just like we have on the cruise ship."

Due to rough weather, the ship is due to spend an extra night in Fremantle before departing on Saturday afternoon, stopping in WA's South West and Great Southern before heading to Adelaide."

• Like 6

Just now, NSWP said:

Julie, there are lot of CC people on your cruise, apart from Cbtours,  have you heard from any others, like in Iso?   If you knew all their cabin numbers you could have a ring around, to keep the spirits alive.☎️

No, I met a few of them at the Meet & Greet but we didn't exchange cabin numbers. 

And actually I'd rather chat to people online than on the phone - that way I can pace myself and not get stressed.

• Like 3

Just now, By The Bay said:

This report from the ABC is reasonably balanced. They are getting an extra day in Freo. Here is an excerpt.

"Ms Fitzgerald said it was suspected the virus had been picked up somewhere in Australia.

"I think we have COVID everywhere in the community," she said.

"Cruise ships are really the only place now where we're actively managing with testing and tracing.

"I think if we were to test 100 per cent of people in WA right now, we would find a small number of COVID cases, just like we have on the cruise ship."

Due to rough weather, the ship is due to spend an extra night in Fremantle before departing on Saturday afternoon, stopping in WA's South West and Great Southern before heading to Adelaide."

That's another very good and factual article by the the ABC. I did like this comment:

"Yesterday we undertook testing of all guests on board and we did see an increased number," 

I'll bet they did! All those people who have been wandering around the ship even though they had symptoms, claiming it is only a cold! Busted!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No, I met a few of them at the Meet & Greet but we didn't exchange cabin numbers. 

And actually I'd rather chat to people online than on the phone - that way I can pace myself and not get stressed.

Me too! I’m more a texter with another benefit of you can look back and don’t have to try and remember what was said 🥰🥰🥰

• Like 2

Just now, Cbtours said:

Me too! I’m more a texter with another benefit of you can look back and don’t have to try and remember what was said 🥰🥰🥰

How is Frank today? 

I'm feeling a bit better but not completely over it yet. Being in iso does force you to rest a lot which is the best thing.

• Like 2