Aqua Class priority debarkation?

forgotmyCCname

First time on Celebrity. Long time suite cruisers on RCL/NCL , we are accustomed to priority debarkation at end of cruise . We are on Infinity in AC in 10 days and our flight out of Miami ( yes, I know the ship is in FLL) was moved from 2pm to 12:O0pm. Does AC receive any priority debarkation? I just read the comments about self -carry and lines of 500 people. We don't care if we self-carry or send luggage out the night before, it's just 2 of us and we will be traveling light. 

I can't find anything on the Celebrity website

Any info greatly appreciated! 

Thank you 

My experience with debarkation times over many cruises on Celebrity is that even in a lower cabin category, if you mark down a flight time early in the day, you will get an early debarkation ... and if you mark a late flight or a drive, you will get a late debarkation.

Most of my cruises are only a drive away (I live in Florida), or if I'm flying, I plan a later flight, so I usually get one of the last debarkation times, even in with Select status, and in a Suite ... and I don't care as I'm just having a nice last breakfast on the ship anyway...

My point is that they seek to meet expectations, and AFAIK they do this well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

I thought Concierge Class and above have priority embarking/disembarking.

Maybe I have it wrong but I thought that was one of the perks that comes from those classes on up to suites.

Before the restart, they had some priority in embarkation, but not in disembarkation.

This article on Celebrity's own site talks about priority disembarking with Concierge Class and I can imagine it's the same in Aqua as well

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/concierge-class-embarkation-lunch

My question is whether these classes also offer priority Embarkation --- especially on the initial day of boarding?

7 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

This article on Celebrity's own site talks about priority disembarking with Concierge Class and I can imagine it's the same in Aqua as well

My question is whether these classes also offer priority Embarkation --- especially on the initial day of boarding?

We were give priority check in.

If you are not happy with your disembarkation time, you can go to get services and request the time you need. 

Only suites get priority disembarkation with luggage tag #1 and the freedom to disembark anytime.

With the restart checkin times, checkin is much smoother and very fast. The retreat has its own checkin lines but the workers wouldn’t let us get in it in Vancouver because they had other shorter lines that they said would be faster. They were right.

Here is what priority embarkation meant, prior to the restart. When you entered the terminal, there was one line for Suites, one line for Aqua, One for concierge, one line for elite, one line for handicapped, and basically one line for everybody else. Sometimes the everybody else line was shorter than the Aqua.  So it was priority check in, but not so much priority embarkation.

Since the restart, they have changed the whole procedure so now you go by the time of your embarkation which you choose in the on line check in.  Suites still have one area, but pretty much everybody else is jumbled together with no differentiation between Aqua and concierge.

As for disembarkation, you may get instructions that say that Aqua should all gather in blue, concierge should gather in rendezvous lounge, etc. But as to what time you actually get off, that goes by what color luggage tags you have and whether you have requested early or later times

suites can arrive &  leave when they want

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NJRonbo said:

When everyone has priority ( Concierge . Aqua, Elite, Elite Plus, Zenith, Suites) then no one really has priority except Suites.

Now for embarkation when you  do online checkin you select a boarding time slot from the ones available.  So the only embarkation priority is for Suites which can board “at their Leisure”. 

6 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Exactly.  Someday they may reinstate priority for the various groups and types of stateroom, but right now, outside of the suites, priority boarding is based on time, 10 before 10:30, 10:30 before 11 etc

We were lucky . We got the earliest time. Nice to be able to get key card and drop carryon in room; only when we had Star on RCL were we able to drop out bags and in the olden days on NCL.

Thanks for all the help! It will be interesting to begin our Celebrity journey on an old, small ship. We just got off RCL Adventure which is also old and small and really enjoyed it. Most of our cruises in the past 10-12 years have been on the megas and it was really refreshing to experience the smaller ships again. Infinity is even smaller, so we are really looking forward to it. Both these cruises were pretty last minute ( for us anyway) and booked a month or 5 weeks out. 

And the best part of this cruise  is that at the end we get to pick up our newest basset hound puppy and bring him home to Baltimore to meet his new  family! 

have a great week, all!!

Edited by forgotmyCCname
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

When you do the online check-in, you are asked to choose your boarding time.  It is not assigned to you

Thank you for that

When is online check-in done (how many days/weeks) prior to cruise and if you want to be in the first group to board (or later), is it first-come first-serve or are all times readily available?

Appreciate the responses

15 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

Thank you for that

When is online check-in done (how many days/weeks) prior to cruise and if you want to be in the first group to board (or later), is it first-come first-serve or are all times readily available?

Appreciate the responses

Our online check in opened up about 45 days prior to sail date. Once you have completed filling in check in info (passport, etc) there is a boarding time window that offers several boarding times to choose from. Once the earlier time slots are filled, the ones remaining open are on the list as an option to choose from. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Thanks for all the help! It will be interesting to begin our Celebrity journey on an old, small ship. We just got off RCL Adventure which is also old and small and really enjoyed it. Most of our cruises in the past 10-12 years have been on the megas and it was really refreshing to experience the smaller ships again. Infinity is even smaller, so we are really looking forward to it. Both these cruises were pretty last minute ( for us anyway) and booked a month or 5 weeks out. 

And the best part of this cruise  is that at the end we get to pick up our newest basset hound puppy and bring him home to Baltimore to meet his new  family! 

have a great week, all!!

I think you found the perfect solution to the post-cruise blues. Get a puppy! Congratulations! Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy your new family member. 🐾🛳

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJRonbo said:

Appreciate the responses

The app will tell you the day it opens if you click "Check In."

• Like 1

Attached is the Info sheet for disembarkation at Port Everglades back in March. It will take between 35-45 mins car ride from Port Everglades to MIA.  We always use Lyft and it's never a problem, usually only a 5-10 minute wait for a car. 

PXL_20221012_151444968.jpg

PXL_20221012_151450978.jpg