Wine question

Ombud

What happens to wine or alcohol that they take from you in port??

I like a glass of tawny port at night. I don't like what Princess offers. So I'm tempted to try to carryon. If confiscated I'm okay with getting it back at disembarkation. But as many of us know, 'that' desk is often unmanned in fact I've carried 2 bottles on initially and recently a 3rd mid cruise. That's why I'm thinking of risking it 

Leave it with me -- fine

Take it from me & return at the end -- fine

Take it & not return it -- not happy but, oh well, good try

They either take it and return it the night before disembarkation or you may be able to take it onboard without declaring it (good luck with that).  They will not take it and not return it, so no worries about that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sail away MK said:

Tawny port IS wine.  Take it on at embarkation.  If you have more than 1 bottle per person you might need to pay an extra $20 per bottle.

It's fortified wine. Thought that couldn't be brought onboard. I'm trying 

6 minutes ago, Sail away MK said:

We have taken port and have never been stopped.

Lets face it, security staff have no idea about the difference between wine, port, sherry etc!

Princess impose these "rules" but have no power to enforce them,  as they rely on security subcontractors who screen different ships every day of the week,  all with differing rules.

Someone on minimum wage couldn't care less if you have a bottle of Merlot  or Port.(can't mention the brand or I will be banned !) 

Why the cruise lines would alllow

passengers to bring soda, water and wine is baffling. You can’t walk into Fenway with your favorite beer. Must be because the owner of the team is in the money making business.

The Carnival dude just borrowed a couple of billion yesterday at 10% interest. Stay tuned things might change

24 minutes ago, Wakepatrol said:

Why the cruise lines would alllow

passengers to bring soda, water and wine is baffling. You can’t walk into Fenway with your favorite beer. Must be because the owner of the team is in the money making business.

The Carnival dude just borrowed a couple of billion yesterday at 10% interest. Stay tuned things might change

But you can bring your own wine, water, soda, and liquor when you stay at the Marriott or Hilton. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Wakepatrol said:
17 hours ago, geoherb said:

But you can bring your own wine, water, soda, and liquor when you stay at the Marriott or Hilton. 

Apples to turnips

Agreed comparing a cruise ship where I'm buying lodgings with in & out privileges similar to a hotel with a ballpark where I cannot enter, leave, reenter, leave over & over again is comparing apples (hotel & ship) to turnips (ballpark)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Agreed comparing a cruise ship where I'm buying lodgings with in & out privileges similar to a hotel with a ballpark where I cannot enter, leave, reenter, leave over & over again is comparing apples (hotel & ship) to turnips (ballpark)

• A maximum of two bags per person permitted through admissions gates:
    • Bag or backpack that does not exceed 18"x18"x14" in size
    • Soft-sided coolers that do not exceed 14"x14"x14" in size
    • Any combination of the above items will be permitted, with the exception of one soft-sided cooler per guest
  • Sunscreen, sunblock, hand sanitizer, and bug spray (aerosol, gel or liquid forms)
  • Pre-packaged and sealed food and beverage items in the bag or cooler, including alcohol (NO GLASS)
  • Ice
  • Insulated cups - maximum size of 64 oz
  • Cameras, binoculars, scanners and headsets that can be worn over the neck, on the belt, or carried in your bag
  • iPads, tablets and laptop computers
  • Seat cushions without metal components
  • Cigarettes and lighters
  • Service animals
  • Nationality flags attached to a pencil-sized wooden stick. Flags may not obstruct another fan's view of the racing action

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:
  • A maximum of two bags per person permitted through admissions gates:
    • Bag or backpack that does not exceed 18"x18"x14" in size
    • Soft-sided coolers that do not exceed 14"x14"x14" in size
    • Any combination of the above items will be permitted, with the exception of one soft-sided cooler per guest
  • Sunscreen, sunblock, hand sanitizer, and bug spray (aerosol, gel or liquid forms)
  • Pre-packaged and sealed food and beverage items in the bag or cooler, including alcohol (NO GLASS)
  • Ice
  • Insulated cups - maximum size of 64 oz
  • Cameras, binoculars, scanners and headsets that can be worn over the neck, on the belt, or carried in your bag
  • iPads, tablets and laptop computers
  • Seat cushions without metal components
  • Cigarettes and lighters
  • Service animals
  • Nationality flags attached to a pencil-sized wooden stick. Flags may not obstruct another fan's view of the racing action

9 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Screenshot_20221020-124138_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4ecedaee70ff63d2e414cf23f33d4120.jpg

OmBud .. I think you would probaly be fine taking it onboard with you.  Although, as much as I’ve been a little disappointed with their wine options recently, if you have the package, they had a nice tawny port available not only in the MDR and specialty dining rooms but in several of the bars as well.  

• Like 1