Carnival Comedians

RumpunchGirl

4 hours ago, RumpunchGirl said:

Just wondering if there is somewhere you can find out what comedians on are which ships. Thanks!

Some of the more detailed reviews mention the comedians onboard various ships, or if you can find a currrent copy of FunTimes. @Saint Greg is a wealth of info on comedians and movies onboard.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, RumpunchGirl said:

Just wondering if there is somewhere you can find out what comedians on are which ships. Thanks!

The only list like that you’re going to find is on my page. It’s far from complete…but I do the best I can. There are Carnival comedians I don’t know about. Carnival comedians who don’t care because they don’t have to sell tickets to these shows. And there are carnival comedians who flat out have told me they don’t want people to know their travel schedule.But this is what I have. I update it on Thursdays. But if a comedian sends me a schedule between Thursdays, like yesterday, I will add it right away.

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/punchliner-comedy-schedule/

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Gone are the days of comedians who are clever, witty and used innuendos and double entendres in their monologues.  The "comedians"  that have performed in the comedy club on our last few cruises have either been guys who think crude and vulgar language is the equivalent of comedy, or bitter middle age women who think trashing on their ex-husband is comedy.  I have actually walked out in the middle of the comedy shows on our last two cruises.  10 minutes was long enough to wait for a real comedian to show up.  I guess in a way this is a cutback as well.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Badfinger said:

Gone are the days of comedians who are clever, witty and used innuendos and double entendres in their monologues.  The "comedians"  that have performed in the comedy club on our last few cruises have either been guys who think crude and vulgar language is the equivalent of comedy, or bitter middle age women who think trashing on their ex-husband is comedy.  I have actually walked out in the middle of the comedy shows on our last two cruises.  10 minutes was long enough to wait for a real comedian to show up.  I guess in a way this is a cutback as well.

I completely agree.  On our cruise last month we saw 3 of the 4 comedians that had shows.  All three were not funny in the least.  One was actually fired a week after our cruise for using racial slurs in his routine.  The comedians were the only disappointment on that cruise.

• Thanks 1

I think the comedians on the ship have been good to great , We are big comedy show people and attend as many as we can . Just got off a 16 day spirit cruise and we had 7 different comedians , We attended 17 shows and enjoyed all of them . Some were good , some were great . 

• Like 2

Guest BasicSailor

I think Carnival is hiring people to do comedy off the streets after Covid, offering them a free cruise.

Heard this one on Sunshine,

What do you call a fake noodle? An Im-pasta!😣

Edited by BasicSailor

10 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

I think Carnival is hiring people to do comedy off the streets after Covid, offering them a free cruise.

Heard this one on Sunshine,

What do you call a fake noodle? An Im-pasta!😣

Some of the comedians are still pretty good. But like everything on Carnival since COVID - the quality in general is way down.

2 hours ago, Badfinger said:

It really depends on the comedian. I’ve seen 24 since the restart and I would only say 1 was really truly horrible. And I don’t think she’s been on a ship since then. I’ve definitely had some that you couldn’t tell the difference between their PG show and their adult show. But if you want a guarantee

of it, I’d recommend sticking to the PG shows.

Thanks for all your input. We sail on Panorama 1/14/23 thru 1/21/23.  DH and I have always loved the comedy shows.  One of our friends traveling with us this trip used to be a comic on Carnival 30+ yrs ago. He's a pretty funny guy but is definitely in the family friendly category. Can't wait to check out some of the shows!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

This got me to thinking... have any of you heard about something like a comedy "open mic night" at the comedy club on any Carnival ship?  I can't say that I have, but there have been thousands of Carnival cruises that I haven't been on.

25 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

This got me to thinking... have any of you heard about something like a comedy "open mic night" at the comedy club on any Carnival ship?  I can't say that I have, but there have been thousands of Carnival cruises that I haven't been on.

I haven't heard of it on Carnival and have only experienced one, on an NCL cruise. It wasn't that funny which may be why there's only been one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Badfinger said:

Exactly my experience recently. Not funny, just trying to shock the crowd with vulgarity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

They won’t do them because they dont know what a random passenger will say. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sfaaa said:

People are getting way too sensitive these days. Just chill and go with the flow.

Why should someone stay in an entertainment venue if they aren't being entertained? I'm all for going with the flow but if I don't like something I'll not keep subjecting myself to it. I expect the same holds true for others.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 9:41 AM, mz-s said:

Some of the comedians are still pretty good. But like everything on Carnival since COVID - the quality in general is way down.

For sure.  The one we REALLY miss is William Lee Martin (Cowboy Bill).  He was hilarious WITHOUT being so vulgar.  I think he's doing too well on land to return to CCL.  Loved Caroline Picard, too.  Have seen her many times. Chas Elstner was with us on the Vista a couple of weeks ago - I must say we enjoyed his shows.  Same for Cee Jay Jones.  

Edited by LHARTWICK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A couple weeks ago on the Spirit, the comedians were not great. The comedians would repeat a lot of jokes throughout their performances. I love vulgar comedy, but noticed people walking out when a certain part of the female anatomy was discussed. I liked Billy Bonnel, but his humor definitely didn't resonate with most people. Oh well.