Sapphire Priority Dining. What is this?

barric

4 minutes ago, barric said:

Just made Sapphire.  How do you use it and does it work well?

This should help (be sure to read the notes at the bottom for more information per category)!  It works well if you know, and follow, the rules.

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program#tier_benefits

Edited by ggTexasGal
added
  • Like 1

Are you referring to this benefit? 

"Priority Restaurant & Entertainment Seating* (subject to availability)"

Using the link provided in the earlier post above, which directs you to a second link, this would be defined as...

Early Pre-booking Access for Entertainment, Dining, Onboard Activities – Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond & Ambassador

Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond, and Ambassador members are eligible for early pre-booking access for onboard activities, dining, and entertainment. Platinum, Sapphire, and Diamond members that are booked in standard or Club Balcony staterooms are eligible to pre-book dining, onboard activities, and entertainment beginning at 125 days prior to embarkation day. Platinum, Sapphire, and Diamond members that are booked in suites or the Haven are eligible to pre-book dining, onboard activities, and entertainment beginning at 130 days prior to embarkation day. Ambassadors booked in any stateroom category are eligible for early pre-booking access for onboard activities, dining, and entertainment at 130 days prior to embarkation day.

All pre-booking is subject to availability. NCL reserves the right to turn off pre-booking features at any time.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Using the link provided in the earlier post above, which directs you to a second link, this would be defined as...

Early Pre-booking Access for Entertainment, Dining, Onboard Activities – Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond & Ambassador

Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond, and Ambassador members are eligible for early pre-booking access for onboard activities, dining, and entertainment. Platinum, Sapphire, and Diamond members that are booked in standard or Club Balcony staterooms are eligible to pre-book dining, onboard activities, and entertainment beginning at 125 days prior to embarkation day. Platinum, Sapphire, and Diamond members that are booked in suites or the Haven are eligible to pre-book dining, onboard activities, and entertainment beginning at 130 days prior to embarkation day. Ambassadors booked in any stateroom category are eligible for early pre-booking access for onboard activities, dining, and entertainment at 130 days prior to embarkation day.

All pre-booking is subject to availability. NCL reserves the right to turn off pre-booking features at any time.

These are two different things.

The priority seating is a perk that is not always actually available. Sometimes there is an area in the theatre that is for latitudes. Sometimes it appears that we get a better table in restaurants. I wouldn’t count on either of these things though.

The early booking is a decent benefit, although I have to say that I’ve never had an issue getting what we want at 120 days.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

I would imagine there's certain seats that are more coveted (near the windows, quieter, away from busy thoroughfares, etc). If/when they're available, priority would be given to Sapphire and up when the come to check in for dinner.  

That is basically it. It very much depends on the individual staff though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, barric said:

Just made Sapphire.  How do you use it and does it work well?

You get use of the concierge.

Then use the concierge to book what ever time you want. Does not matter if it's full. They will fit you in.

I just got off the Spirit 16 nighter. Concierge set all my 7 dinners at 5:30pm at places and nights I wanted.

Keep in mind if you use the concierge,you tip the concierge. 

The concierge may give you other perks which we were given. So tip even more if you accept them.

We got daily canapes delivered, we got priority tender use. Priority luggage tags at cruise end.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

That is basically it. It very much depends on the individual staff though.

I'm a bit cynical.  When I got to Platinum, I was looking forward to that concierge service benefit (spoiler alert:  It isn't really a thing.)

Having just qualified for Sapphire, there are really only two incremental benefits:  I don't have any desire to dine with officers even when it's offered again.  But the Priority Seating perk would be really nice if it's for real.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phillygwm said:

I'm a bit cynical.  When I got to Platinum, I was looking forward to that concierge service benefit (spoiler alert:  It isn't really a thing.)

Having just qualified for Sapphire, there are really only two incremental benefits:  I don't have any desire to dine with officers even when it's offered again.  But the Priority Seating perk would be really nice if it's for real.

We sailed quite a few times as platinum plus when it was an incremental benefit at that level. There were certainly some occasions where we felt that we were given better seats as a result of our latitudes level. It was never specifically stated, but on some occasions we found ourselves seated by the window when the couple before us went in the middle of the room, that sort of thing.

Having said that, there were many more occasions when we didn’t seem to get any preference, so it is certainly not a benefit that I would rely on.

• Like 2

We have a friend who recently passed away that loved anything ship related. Would always share fun facts and trivia about ships, sailing, the point of the rat guards, how you can't call it a boat unless it's on fresh water (with the exception of that one vessel in Michigan)....

He would have really loved that dinner and being able to pick the brains of all the officers, so if it's truly available to us on our February trip I plan on going just to honor his memory.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

He would have really loved that dinner and being able to pick the brains of all the officers, so if it's truly available to us on our February trip I plan on going just to honor his memory.

Others who have experienced it can opine but it's apparently hit or miss.  You might get a real officer, you might get the manager of the gift shop, or pretty much anything in between 🙂

• Like 4

On 10/24/2022 at 6:23 AM, phillygwm said:

I know this is so true. And do you want to stand there and argue when you get to the restaurant. Most of the servers don't even know what your talking about when you bring it up they always have to call or get some one. And the priority excursion or leaving the ship benefit never bothered with that either. If a benefit is too hard to utilize is it a benefit at all?

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 10/23/2022 at 2:57 PM, MeHeartCruising said:

I don't understand how you can be so self assured about your answer.

It is sooo wrong

The 125 days pre booking is a completely different perk, it doesn"t give you priority seating at all. You just can book it before cruising. The only benefit of doing this, is that your bookings are pre-made so that you don't need to waste your time the first day booking everything.

On 10/23/2022 at 3:58 PM, KeithJenner said:

These are two different things.

The priority seating is a perk that is not always actually available. Sometimes there is an area in the theatre that is for latitudes. Sometimes it appears that we get a better table in restaurants. I wouldn’t count on either of these things though.

The early booking is a decent benefit, although I have to say that I’ve never had an issue getting what we want at 120 days.

I suppose the real benefit lies in the fact that you don't need to plan stuff on your first cruise day (stress)

You can enjoy immediatly.

But i think there was also some concierge service as a perk.

This service also removes the burden of calling the restaurants for reservations.

The concierge will take care of it (if you trust him)

Edited by sebastienbo

When it comes to the "priority dining benefit", I have often  (with great success) also referred to that when there is a long waiting line to get in to any of the complimentary restaurants. Of course done discretely, politely and with a smile - and that often has resulted in us getting a table very quickly....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

When it comes to the "priority dining benefit", I have often  (with great success) also referred to that when there is a long waiting line to get in to any of the complimentary restaurants. Of course done discretely, politely and with a smile - and that often has resulted in us getting a table very quickly....

This is VERY interesting.  Thanks for sharing. 😎  We may try this!

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 12:32 PM, phillygwm said:

Others who have experienced it can opine but it's apparently hit or miss.  You might get a real officer, you might get the manager of the gift shop, or pretty much anything in between 🙂

I had a dinner once with the Gift Shop manager on the ship and afterward got rock bottom prices on everything I bought! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 10/23/2022 at 6:34 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

You get use of the concierge.

Then use the concierge to book what ever time you want. Does not matter if it's full. They will fit you in.

I just got off the Spirit 16 nighter. Concierge set all my 7 dinners at 5:30pm at places and nights I wanted.

Keep in mind if you use the concierge,you tip the concierge. 

The concierge may give you other perks which we were given. So tip even more if you accept them.

We got daily canapes delivered, we got priority tender use. Priority luggage tags at cruise end.

Does the concierge do not get tipped already by the 580 dollar service charges everybody needs to pay per cabin ?

8 minutes ago, sebastienbo said:

Does the concierge do not get tipped already by the 580 dollar service charges everybody needs to pay per cabin ?

No, of course not. Aside from the fact that it is a service charge...not a tip...what would make you think it applies to the concierge?

9 minutes ago, sebastienbo said:

Actually, NO.  the concierge and butler are NOT included in the daily service charge.  You will need to tip them separately.

• Like 2

Been looking for the Platinum/Sapphire “concierge” for years.  Still haven’t found him/her.  And, it’s NOT the concierges in the HAVEN.

As far as perks, had a “crew dinner” one time with a “kids club” manager.  Nice lady.  I got the feeling it was a “treat” for her to eat in the guest restaurants.  But, it certainly isn’t a “perk” I’d seek out.

Making reservations far in advance isn’t a “thing” for me, either.  That kind of flies in the face of FREESTYLE.  I dine wherever is open, whenever I get hungry.  So, as schedules change, all the preparing weeks in advance for dining means nothing.

The laundry perk is nice.  But, out of all of the listed perks, that’s the only one I truly value.

The rest is all “fluff”!

• Like 3