ms Nieuw Amsterdam and ms Rotterdam in Port Everglades October 30, 2022

Scrapnana

Just now, JazzyV said:

From the PTZ website: Update 1/28/2022 : Cameras have been removed from the Pier 66 site today. We hope to return them once construction work is completed, possibly 2024, and have been enthusiastically invited to do so. In the meantime, if we can find a temporary home for an elevated view camera then we will.

Thank you!!!

Nice toots.  Next sailaway I'll probably be on the auto train for sail-in and family time at sailaway.  Nice to have both ships very close to Confirmed times.  Thanks Kathi, Lou & Dave, and fellow addicts.

Roy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I'll probably be on the auto train for sail-in

Have you used the Auto Train before?  I did in 2020 from Sanford to Lorton and I enjoyed the journey and not having the drive up I-95.  Heading to my destination--Greenbelt, MD, I missed a turn and ended up in downtown Washington.  Needed to use Onstar to get me out of that situation!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

NA and her sister Eurodam are our favorite HAL ships.

I also like the Eurodam.  I have tried one of the Pinnacle ships but keep coming back to these ships as I love the "real" Promenade Deck.  I've spent many late afternoons on the deck chair reading and/or sleeping. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, dot73 said:

I also like the Eurodam.  I have tried one of the Pinnacle ships but keep coming back to these ships as I love the "real" Promenade Deck.  I've spent many late afternoons on the deck chair reading and/or sleeping. 

Same with us. Only weak point is the small size of Lincoln Center.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Have you used the Auto Train before?  I did in 2020 from Sanford to Lorton and I enjoyed the journey and not having the drive up I-95.  Heading to my destination--Greenbelt, MD, I missed a turn and ended up in downtown Washington.  Needed to use Onstar to get me out of that situation!  

I did ti for Christmas in 2019.  The one thing I don't like about the Auto Train is that Baltimore to Lorton is probably the worst part of the drive but it still makes things a lot easier.  Unfortunately, I leave the Eurodam November 20 so I hope the railroads come to agreement instead of striking November 19,

Roy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1