The Mason Jar brunch covered with UDP

Is the Mason Jar brunch during port days covered under unlimited dining package ? for example, once I check into the ship can I go and have brunch at the Mason Jar with my UDP package ? 'coz Royal Caribbean writes in the package details that it's for dinner and lunch (sea days), but I wish to confirm  that from folks here.

Just now, crewsweeper said:

If there is a brunch at the Mason Jar on a port day, you might get a $20 credit, simililar to how they handle Players and Izumi ($35 there).  

so I just have to present my sea pass card and the credit will be automatically added to the Mason Jar brunch visit ?

2 minutes ago, forests_lover said:

so I just have to present my sea pass card and the credit will be automatically added to the Mason Jar brunch visit ?

Yes but not unlimited. One credit per day. Used to be able to close out the $20 and start another tab right then. 

19 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

If there is a brunch at the Mason Jar on a port day, you might get a $20 credit, simililar to how they handle Players and Izumi ($35 there).  

17 minutes ago, forests_lover said:

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yes but not unlimited. One credit per day. Used to be able to close out the $20 and start another tab right then. 

Mason Jar is a fixed price restaurant like Chops and Giovannis just at a lower rice unlike Playmakers which is a la carte.

It would be covered and not a $20 credit

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Mason Jar is a fixed price restaurant like Chops and Giovannis just at a lower rice unlike Playmakers which is a la carte.

It would be covered and not a $20 credit

Thanks for the reply, so according to firefly333's reply above, do I have only one time $20 credit per day at la carte restaurants like Playmakers for ex. ? or can I eat at la carte restaurants unlimited times a day ?

1 minute ago, forests_lover said:

Thanks for the reply, so according to firefly333's reply above, do I have only one time $20 credit per day at la carte restaurants like Playmakers for ex. ? or can I eat at la carte restaurants unlimited times a day ?

There would not be a $20 credit at Mason jar.  It would be unlimited

• Like 2

There was a brunch on Navigator. I think it had Mimosas, or some such. A server came around with a menu trying to sell it. I asked if it was covered under the UDP, and he said, "No, it is additional charge".

I asked why we would want to do that, since we had both the UDP and the DBP? He shrugged. 

So, I don't know what the story is. I don't think the UDP covers event dining. 

But remember, RCL announced recently that they are doing away with the multiple daily $20 credits at ala carte restaurants and fixed priced restaurants.  Just 1 use per day.  Doesn't affect using UDP for dinner under reservations.   Just means you can't go to Mason Jar for brunch then head over to Playmakers for Campfire Cookies and expect $20 credit at each venue.

7 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

But remember, RCL announced recently that they are doing away with the multiple daily $20 credits at ala carte restaurants and fixed priced restaurants.  Just 1 use per day.  Doesn't affect using UDP for dinner under reservations.   Just means you can't go to Mason Jar for brunch then head over to Playmakers for Campfire Cookies and expect $20 credit at each venue.

this is an important note, thank you

7 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

speaking of $20 credit, how do i know that I received it in my account, do I just have to scan the sea pass card when I step into Mason Jar or Playmakers and once doing that, I get the amount or what ?

4 minutes ago, forests_lover said:

speaking of $20 credit, how do i know that I received it in my account, do I just have to scan the sea pass card when I step into Mason Jar or Playmakers and once doing that, I get the amount or what ?

It'll be noted on thesea pass card at billing just use the sea pass card.   You may wish to inform the waitstaff just to be on the safe side. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

It'll be noted on thesea pass card at billing just use the sea pass card.   You may wish to inform the waitstaff just to be on the safe side. 

sorry for too many questions, but as a first time cruiser i don't know much details,  should I pay the amounts in the billing section in the Royal app at disembarkation day or will they deduct automatically from my linked credit card ?

16 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

When did they make this announcement? And when does it start? It seems like everyone who has done trip reviews in the last couple weeks has been able to use their dining package more than once a day. 

8 hours ago, forests_lover said:

sorry for too many questions, but as a first time cruiser i don't know much details,  should I pay the amounts in the billing section in the Royal app at disembarkation day or will they deduct automatically from my linked credit card ?

All charges on board will be added to your account and automatically billed to the credit card on file you used at check in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

When did they make this announcement? And when does it start? It seems like everyone who has done trip reviews in the last couple weeks has been able to use their dining package more than once a day. 

We got off of Odyssey on Sunday and the announcement was a day or two later, so it is very recent.  

Anywhere which has a set price for a whioe meal and considered a normal specialty dining venue (including Mason Jar, even at brunch, unless things have chaned since we were on Wonder in April) is always included with no daily limits.  The one exception is Izumi Teppanyaki which has an upchage on top of the UDP ($15 per person for one protien, more for two...this price went up at the same time the limited snacking announcemnt was made).  You can still have lunch and dinner if the resturants are open (brunch is the same as lunch).  

Izumi also counts the same, but it is a set menu or 35$ credit for the meal.

Special things only offered occasionally (like Chef's table, special brunches with tours, sushi making classes, etc) are not included.

Places with a la cart dining that are more "snack" like such as playmakers and vintages now get ONE time per day up to $20.  Apparently people would just sit in Playmakers all day and open one $20 tab after another so this is the solution.  It is not yet clear to me where Johnny Rockets fall into these categories. (snack or meal?  Hopefully meal as it is a set price)

Stinks that such people ruined it for the rest of us.  On our recent sailing we would often stop at Playmekers for a starter in the late afternoon (poppers, onion rings, etc), head down to dinner and then skip dessert at the dinner location and go back to playmakers after the show for a cookie.  I am hoping that might still be possible by only billing ONE of the two of us with the UDP for the first visit and the other for the second.  We were defeintly not unfairly holding tables nor abusing the system or over eating...it would stink to be restricted out of what we enjoy.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Mason Jar does not have a $20 limit.  It is no different than Chops in how you use it.

That $20 one use per day was only ever reported on one ship and it was not something announced as a fleetwide change as far as I know.

14 hours ago, forests_lover said:

You do not have a $20 credit at Mason Jar.  Mason Jar is no different than Chops in how it is covered by the UDP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I haven't seen any announcement

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

On 11/5/2022 at 6:17 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

I haven't seen any announcement

It was a subtle change in the Terms & Conditions of the package. 

20221106_154924.thumb.jpg.ebfcd1ff5517de4de78bec21570a5ef3.jpg

Still leads to interpretation issues for ships with multiple ala carte places (looking at you, Oasis of the Seas).  

• Like 1