ships retails stores

happytotravel

Hi All,

I was on the JOY's September 06th cruise and noticed the stores were selling only high end merchandise.  They did have $20.00 watches and sold Canada t shirts one day.  Is it now similar on the other ships?

Previously there were cute little souvenir items to buy also.

Thanks,  happytotravel

3 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

What kind of high-end merchandise?

Hi Cole,

Gem jewelery,  Rolex type watches etc.  The expensive stuff that you pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for.  I'm not interested in that type of stuff whether I'm cruising or not.

I'm asking because in all the years I've cruised with NCL they had a variety of items for sale  for every size of wallet.  Some very cute items geared to the destination.

Did you cruise this year and what was onboard at that time?

Thanks, happytotravel

2 minutes ago, shof515 said:

noticed the same thing when was on the Joy last month. The amount of NCL branded items was almost gone too. No ship model, no ship magnets, no ornaments

I wonder why that was the case?  Is this now the norm?

Would like to hear from others who cruised on other NCL ships recently what they noticed.

Thanks, happytotravel

We were on the Bliss twice in the past year, there were the high end jewelry and watches stores as well as the "Sand Bar" gift shop. All seemed to be well stocked, lots of fun stuff.

Additionally, we were on the Jewel in July and she also was well stocked with all things jewelry and fun gift shop items. So maybe it is just the Joy is low on merchandise.? 

We just got off the Joy and I was very disappointed in the shops.  There were a few t shirts and coffee cups and water bottles, but no magnets. I had to go to the liquor store and buy candy to use up my OBC. Only one time did they have a t-shirt sale and it was the same shirts we had bought 4 years ago! Every time we cruised from Bermuda they had Rum Sizzle bottles for sale, but there was no Bermuda liquor for sale on the ship at all. If I had known I would have bought some in Bermuda.

We were on the Dawn the last half of April and the Spirit the first half of September.

The gift shops were carrying considerably less merchandise than before Covid.

We had a hard time spending OBC/finding things for discounted Lattitudes gifts/souvenirs.

I also just got off Joy t shirts 2 for 25 only sizes available adult s, m, and large and children sizes. No gold or silver by the inch. I saw no magnets, ornaments, and very little NCl merchandise. The only thing I bought from shops was 2 bottles of liquor 

No magnets on Breakaway, NCL towels, models and more water bottles with the NCL logo on them. The only thing they had that actually said Breakaway on it was the model.

I hope the magnets come back. I know we were not the only ones looking for them last trip.

Late September early October on the Encore. Plenty of stuff for sale at all price levels. Disappointing selection of duty free liquor for sale. Plenty of ship's models, t-shirts, and other Encore themed gear.