Asia 2024 - Something Interesting at Play....

jeremybe

20 minutes ago, scottam said:

We are booked on B2B in 2023 for the Sept 15 Transpacific from Vancouver to Tokyo and the Sept 30 Best of Japan. The Transpacific is still listed on Celebrity’s website, but the Sept 30 cruise has disappeared from celebrity website, along with all other Oct Japan cruise that followed. Our Sept 30 booking is still active and there are bootable shore excursions .
Nov 5 is the next cruise shown for Milennium, following the transpacific, for the Best of Southern Japan. Something definitely seems to be up!

Cruisegohper, what can you see Oct 2023? And what does it mean when a cruise is “closed”?

Thanks!

Tammy

Same with us Tammy. Curious to know what people find. So looking forward to this one.

This is stressing me out. We are booked on the 28 March 2024 sailing on Millennium. It's my husband's bucket list trip, planned for his retirement and we got a super deal. I doubt we'd be able to get anything similar for the price we paid. European bookings seem to be treated far less favourably

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

What do you mean dark rumors?

The ship is certainly closed out for bookings at the moment for some dates in March/April 2024.

ED1E8D77-812C-4CF2-9C5C-A3595FFA8C3A.thumb.jpeg.c983111ca305b1f4a520f14dc7a2028d.jpeg

Thank you for this. We are booked on the first two of those cruises, as well as the three before. 

In your experience, is there an approximate time between cruises showing as Closed and actual cancelations, please?

We were in the process of planning before and after time, but now "after" appears to be sooner than expected, and I'd like to know if I should be jumping on other possibilities soon. 

Thanks in advance.

39 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Thank you for this. We are booked on the first two of those cruises, as well as the three before. 

In your experience, is there an approximate time between cruises showing as Closed and actual cancelations, please?

We were in the process of planning before and after time, but now "after" appears to be sooner than expected, and I'd like to know if I should be jumping on other possibilities soon. 

Thanks in advance.

It can sometimes take a long time to get the cancelation notice. I had two sailings I was booked on where the ship got chartered out and it took many many months before I got the official cancellation notice from Celebrity. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, scottam said:

We are booked on B2B in 2023 for the Sept 15 Transpacific from Vancouver to Tokyo and the Sept 30 Best of Japan. The Transpacific is still listed on Celebrity’s website, but the Sept 30 cruise has disappeared from celebrity website, along with all other Oct Japan cruise that followed. Our Sept 30 booking is still active and there are bootable shore excursions .
Nov 5 is the next cruise shown for Milennium, following the transpacific, for the Best of Southern Japan. Something definitely seems to be up!

Cruisegohper, what can you see Oct 2023? And what does it mean when a cruise is “closed”?

Thanks!

Tammy

Here is what I see for Oct 2023. Looks like they are closed out. Means that the cruise can no longer be sold and Celebrity is making some sort of change. Could be a cancelation, itinerary change, ship redeployment, dry dock, etc. Whatever it is, it’s usually not good. 

1815A720-0967-472C-AA28-62DDCD863211.thumb.jpeg.bbb4455b62e33417c1189eca132c029e.jpeg

4 hours ago, viperfoth said:

Same with us Tammy. Curious to know what people find. So looking forward to this one.

We were (are?) looking forward to it, too. The TP arriving on Sept 30, does us no good without a cruise immediately following. Wondering where the ship is going in between its TP arrival on Sept 30 and the next cruise out of Tokyo on Nov 5. 

Cruisegopher, thanks for the info. Really appreciate your insight!

If they’re canceling, etc, sure wish they’d let booked passengers know asap so other plans can be made! 

• Thanks 1

We wanted to be in Japan in April for the Cherry Blossoms but X canceled us 3 years in a row, so we are going to try Azamara because they have A 15 night Japan cruise (April 3-18,2023) with 14 port days.

Interesting that X unloaded Azamara pre covid but Azamara still uses Flights by Celebrity.

17 minutes ago, D. B. said:

We wanted to be in Japan in April for the Cherry Blossoms but X canceled us 3 years in a row, so we are going to try Azamara because they have A 15 night Japan cruise (April 3-18,2023) with 14 port days.

Interesting that X unloaded Azamara pre covid but Azamara still uses Flights by Celebrity.

RCG sold Azamara to Sycamore Partners investment group as a means to raise capital. They are still providing, back office, logistical and IT support for the brand for the foreseeable future. 

So is the Millenium even going over to Asia?  I am confused ...

Too many cancellations in the schedule before and after my cruise.

Or do I just need to wait another month for the cancellations for Millenium in December 2023?

I also do not want to wait months on end to book something else.  The prices will go up.

Edited by NMTraveller

7 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

So is the Millenium even going over to Asia?  I am confused ...

Too many cancellations in the schedule before and after my cruise.

Or do I just need to wait another month for the cancellations for Millenium in December 2023?

I also do not want to wait months on end to book something else.  The prices will go up.

I can understand your frustration. I never would have thought anything until what the captain and retreat host said although like I said before they have been known to be wrong  in this case it looks like something is up 

Edited by pamkev

20 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Here is what I see for Oct 2023. Looks like they are closed out. Means that the cruise can no longer be sold and Celebrity is making some sort of change. Could be a cancelation, itinerary change, ship redeployment, dry dock, etc. Whatever it is, it’s usually not good. 

1815A720-0967-472C-AA28-62DDCD863211.thumb.jpeg.bbb4455b62e33417c1189eca132c029e.jpeg

Closed sometimes also simply means the cruises are sold out!

We are on the Oct. 24th cruise and I have been revisiting the booking sites often over the past months to check our price. Not so long ago only a few oceanviews and inside staterooms were available. So I am not surprised about the cruise now simply being fully booked.

The TP Sept 15 only has a few oceanviews left as well. I am sure it will show closed soon.

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 1

When I look at my March, 2024 Millennium online reservation using Celebrity's "Manage Reservation" hotlink, I now find that its no longer possible to look at shore excursions or any of the usual onboard options.  As a matter of fact, the display of my reservation looks really unusual.

Is anyone else getting the same thing?

52 minutes ago, annandme said:

When I look at my March, 2024 Millennium online reservation using Celebrity's "Manage Reservation" hotlink, I now find that its no longer possible to look at shore excursions or any of the usual onboard options.  As a matter of fact, the display of my reservation looks really unusual.

Is anyone else getting the same thing?

I still have shore excursions, but not very many.  Perhaps about 10 total for the whole long cruise.    I am on the Dec 2023 Christmas cruise.

Edited by NMTraveller

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I still have shore excursions, but not very many.  Perhaps about 10 total for the whole long cruise.    I am on the Dec 2023 Christmas cruise.

Could you click on one of the 10 shore excursions and see if it takes you to a description of that excursion or to some other page?

Edited by annandme

2 hours ago, MamaFej said:

I just tested for shore excursions, and I am able to go all the way to "Place Order" on both my still-available to book Asia 2024 cruises and my "Closed" Asia 2024 cruises. 

The excursions aren’t really a tell tale sign. Celebrity is happy to take your money now and hold it and earn interest on it and they will refund it when the sailing eventually cancels. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

The excursions aren’t really a tell tale sign. Celebrity is happy to take your money now and hold it and earn interest on it and they will refund it when the sailing eventually cancels. 

I understand. I was just adding information in line with the previous few posts regarding excursions. 

In the meantime, we are looking at alternatives to the potentially canceled cruises. 

On 11/11/2022 at 8:57 AM, annandme said:

Could you click on one of the 10 shore excursions and see if it takes you to a description of that excursion or to some other page?

I can book the excursions.  There are not many to book...

I would feel more confident if they had the usual large number of choices.

Edited by NMTraveller