Asia 2024 - Something Interesting at Play....

jeremybe

Have noticed that all Millenium sailings in Asia past Jan 28 in 2024 have now been removed for sale by Celebrity - That includes all 4 sailings in Feb, March and April that were going to be visiting Japan - Previously these sailings were booked at close to 95% capacity - Wondering if we're are looking at either a ship replacement/redeployment or just a cancellation of all Japan for 2024 - Interesting other Asia sailings visiting Hong Kong are still on the schedule. With the new schedules coming out in the next few weeks, hopefully something will be made of this...

1 hour ago, jeremybe said:

Have noticed that all Millenium sailings in Asia past Jan 28 in 2024 have now been removed for sale by Celebrity - That includes all 4 sailings in Feb, March and April that were going to be visiting Japan - Previously these sailings were booked at close to 95% capacity - Wondering if we're are looking at either a ship replacement/redeployment or just a cancellation of all Japan for 2024 - Interesting other Asia sailings visiting Hong Kong are still on the schedule. With the new schedules coming out in the next few weeks, hopefully something will be made of this...

Just off of Summit the captain and the retreat host said the Summit was leaving Cape Liberty and being replaced by the Millie  for 2024. Now whether this is true or not is to be seen. The rumor also was with the new port in Galveston might see a Celebrity ship in the near future there, We will see if this plays out or just rumors

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Celebrity said Asia cancelled until things are clear as to covid.  Galveston certainly has capacity.

Would that mean that the 2023 Asia cruises are cancelled?  I have one scheduled for Dec. 2023.  I have noticed that there are very few shore excursions that I can book.

I have rebooked several already...

Edited by NMTraveller

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

Does it have the normal amount of ship sponsored excursions?

Yes. Even the Angkor Wat multi day tour is available. The only thing that I haven't seen loaded are the Halong Bay tours (both day and overnight versions). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

Where did you see this?  All Asia? Just Japan?  Source?

Celebrity has not made any 'official' communication about this. The only thing released is the 24/25 opening schedule dates. Asia opens this week and the TA site still indicates year-round Asia sailings.  

3 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

What happens if Celebrity cancels my cruise and I have a nonrefundable deposit?  Do I get a refund?

Due to the pandemic we had a number of cruises cancelled.  Some were with non-refundable deposits and we were reimbursed.  We also just just moved some of the deposits to a future sailing.  There was no change fee.

• Like 1

Our Jan 2024 Hong Kong to Singapore on Solstice is also still showing. We’ve had to rebook this several times now, since it first got cancelled in Feb 2020. 

I will say though, that while China is maintaining this Zero-Covid policy, I can’t see this going and wouldn’t be surprised to see it cancelled. Or, more likely, have an itinerary change where HK is cancelled in favour of joining and leaving in Singapore.

3 hours ago, 39august said:

Can anyone shed further light on the possible Galveston situation?  I would be delighted, even with an older ship. We can drive to that port...long way, but have done it before. 

Ditto! 😎

• Like 1

I was looking at our Vancouver, Canada to Japan Trans Pacific for 2023 and then 2 B2B2B trips going around Japan. They are nowhere to be found on Celebrity website for the B2B Japan round tips, just the Vancouver to Japan. And, the legs after the Japan round trips are showing as available.

Seems odd???

Here is a screen capture of Millenium.

Screenshot 2022-11-06 at 7.46.41 PM.jpg

1 hour ago, Newbury newbie said:

Our Jan 2024 Hong Kong to Singapore on Solstice is also still showing. We’ve had to rebook this several times now, since it first got cancelled in Feb 2020. 

I will say though, that while China is maintaining this Zero-Covid policy, I can’t see this going and wouldn’t be surprised to see it cancelled. Or, more likely, have an itinerary change where HK is cancelled in favour of joining and leaving in Singapore.

I've been wondering the same. Currently booked on the same itinerary as you but in November and as things currently stand I don't see it going ahead, or at least not the Hong Kong portion. Problem is if it were to start and end in Singapore a lot of the other ports will have to be cancelled/changed. I'm not sure there would be enough time to get to Ha Long and back to Singapore unless several intermediate ports were skipped and several more sea days added.

3 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Yes. Even the Angkor Wat multi day tour is available. The only thing that I haven't seen loaded are the Halong Bay tours (both day and overnight versions). 

I am on a cruise during the same time period just on the Millenium.  Going from Singapore to Bali.  The excursions are almost non-existent leading me to believe that something is up  at least for my cruise...

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1