Guest in Lounges

addie

3 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

We are talking past each other, again.  My differentiation is that children aren't included in that "Pinnacle" policy.  Not about the spouse getting the points/status or not.  

Nice dodge.  I still stand by my statement, you need to read the policy as you are confusing yourself.  As far as your latest "challenge" for someone to find you a different policy than some policy you posted who knows where, the website is outdated and the letters left in cabins listing benefits are what passengers are receiving.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brillohead said:

This is the fatal flaw in your thinking.

HAVING STATUS MEANS HAVING THE BENEFITS.

If I am D+ and I do something stupid like get married again to someone who has never cruised before, my spouse would be D+ with 0 points.

My spouse would have all the D+ benefits -- access to the lounge, the free drinks, etc.

But if I then divorce that spouse, they would have only the POINTS that they had earned on their own -- they don't get access to my POINTS, only to my STATUS LEVEL.

No, I think you are not understand me!  I'm fully aware Status and Benefits are two different things, they are links but mean two different things.  And it's easy to spot when you read the policy that I linked to.  For example:  "4 Diamond Lounge is an exclusive benefit" Note that it doesn't say "Status".  Status is just a handle that is given to you when you earn a certain amount of points.  

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Nice dodge  Nope, not dogde.  I still stand by my statement, you need to read the policy as you are confusing yourself  Dont just tell me to read my post, it's a large post, quote exactly what you are standing by.  As far as your latest "challenge" for someone to find you a different policy Not just a different policy, a more updated policy and it's not to disagree, it's to get to the facts of the matter. I want the policy to be as written/posted but I just want to know if it is their latest policy and I'm sure others would too than some policy you posted who knows where >>>> https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf, the website is outdated and the letters left in cabins listing benefits are what passengers are receiving  Than you or somebody show an official dated and letter headed copy or Royal Caribbean link to a letter. .  

You need to read words for what they are, not what you want them to be.  

1 minute ago, Ret MP said:

You need to read words for what they are, not what you want them to be.  

Not playing word games with you tonight as you will not see what many are telling you.  

Not even reading what you posted as you manipulated my post and I am not going back to see what is actually my words and what are yours.  

37 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We were on the Anthem in 2019.Our friends were Diamond ,we were lower .We just followed them into the lounge and sat down.

I do not have words that I can use her that expresses how I feel about this.  

Why you would flagrantly break the rules and then brag about it? 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

And technically (assuming you unlink accounts), they (the former spouse or SO) would revert to the status that equates to their points, correct?  This (status change) would not apply to unlinking children once they reach 18.

Yes:

"Children will be removed of a relationship with a parent or guardian upon their 18th birthday. If it is found that a dependent or child is not immediately removed from a relationship upon their 18th birthday and accumulates a higher tier status outside of this time period, the dependent's record will be adjusted back to the appropriate tier status"

"A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above".

15 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Not playing word games with you tonight as you will not see what many are telling you.  

Not even reading what you posted as you manipulated my post and I am not going back to see what is actually my words and what are yours.  

Fine, then you post means nothing.  And I think the word "many" is way over blown.  You and one other is "many"?  And the other I think just misunderstood me.  You seem to just want to argue.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ret MP said:

Fine, then you post means nothing.  And I think the word "many" is way over blown.  You and one other is "many"?  And the other I think just misunderstood me.  You seem to just want to argue.

I am not arguing at all,  I have provided actual facts from actual cruises that we have taken.  I am not posting blocks of text that is grabbed from who knows where.  Many have tried to explain things to you and you don't want to see it.  Carry on...  Maybe someone else can get you to understand.

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am not arguing at all,  I have provided actual facts from actual cruises that we have taken.  I am not posting blocks of text that is grabbed from who knows where.  Many have tried to explain things to you and you don't want to see it.  Carry on...  Maybe someone else can get you to understand.

LOL, Really?  First, you've only TOLD us, not provided actual official text.  Second, I've posted links to every word that I posted and I put the words in quotation marks.  I just didn't make anything up.  The only thing I don't understand so far is your continued reference to you using actual facts, which are at this point only words, and not knowing where I get my blocks of text from.  I'm referencing actual official links and words from Royal's official FAQ.  Here it is again:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

8 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I've given up.  Can't talk to a wall.

Okay, maybe you or someone can tell me exactly what I'm missing/not understanding/where I'm wrong.  I am now and always have been willing to listen/read.  

54 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

No, I think you are not understand me!  I'm fully aware Status and Benefits are two different things, they are links but mean two different things.  And it's easy to spot when you read the policy that I linked to.  For example:  "4 Diamond Lounge is an exclusive benefit" Note that it doesn't say "Status".  Status is just a handle that is given to you when you earn a certain amount of points.  

In other words, a child may have the status or tier of Diamond but doesn't have the Benefit of entering the Diamond Lounge.  And obviously, a friend or other family member that isn't at least Diamond can't enter the Diamond Lounge.

I just want to clarify this whole thing.  It's turned into a mess.  This thread started out with the question, "Diamond + sailing with new cruiser.  Is she allowed access to Diamond Lounge on Liberty"?  There were some that answered it with, basically, "Yes".  Others said, "No'.  And yet others said 'Yes or No" with qualifications.  All I did was copy, paste and link to Royal's official FAQ that stated that, "Diamond Lounge is an exclusive benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family".  See post #18, my first post in here.  Then post #24 which cast doubt on the post #18.  Then #50 where I asked for help in finding something more updated.  And then that is where the horse race began.

I agree with the policy.  I don't want it change and I believe I said so many times.  Some people many not like the links and/or words that I used or some sidenote thoughts I had but, I support the policy(ies) as written as they pertain to this issue.  I don't think MOST of us who are Diamond or above would disagree with that.  

51 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Someone needs to lay off the research ... they're overindulging.  😄 

And I will admit, that may be true in this case.  I've spent most of the day reading semi technical documents.  That's not to say that don't believe in what I've posted in here.  I just may not have said them the exact way I would actually say them otherwise.

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I do not have words that I can use her that expresses how I feel about this.  

Why you would flagrantly break the rules and then brag about it? 

I did not know I was breaking a rule .I was at a religious service and the only way I could enter the room was walking through the Diamond Lounge.

Friends of mine were in the lounge and beckoned me to come and join them which I did.I did not partake in the offer of food and beverages.I merely had conversation.

• Like 1

Commercial interruption: My hypothesis is that it is possible that a person can suddenly began to post so fast and furiously over a very short amount of time that she/he short circuits and thus the posting becomes tangled and confused. Visions of the Tasmanian Devil or Whirling Dervishes come to mind. But I could be wrong. 

carry on 👹

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ret MP said:

I don't know how you did that and I really don't care how you did that.  But, I have consistently said that there are always exceptions to virtually every rule/policy/law/edict/whatever's.  I'll add, exceptions for good and bad. But, I'm no busybody and it's not my place to ask how you did it, unless it was illegal, immoral, or fattening.

There was no exception, it's how it works. Just accept it.😉

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

And technically (assuming you unlink accounts), they (the former spouse or SO) would revert to the status that equates to their points, correct?  This (status change) would not apply to unlinking children once they reach 18.

Personally, I would love to unlink. I would then get more blocks and more free cruises as I hit the 1050, 1400, and 1750 levels on my own. I think I'm close to 900 'actual' now

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I did not know I was breaking a rule .I was at a religious service and the only way I could enter the room was walking through the Diamond Lounge.

Friends of mine were in the lounge and beckoned me to come and join them which I did.I did not partake in the offer of food and beverages.I merely had conversation.

Can't recall any DL that is a pasageway to another venue. What ship was it?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Can't recall any DL that is a pasageway to another venue. What ship was it?

Allure to the chefs table?  Might have another entrance that I didn’t seen though. 

• Thanks 1

Here is the policy in a nutshell

Spouses/significant others and minor children are granted status of family member with higher status for all levels except Pinnacle. 

Only Spouses/ significant others are granted Pinnacle status.

Adult children/relatives/cabin mates/friends are not granted the superior status and can not enjoy the benefits granted.

When minor children turn 18 they are allowed to keep any previously granted status, but revert to their 'earned' points to move up to the next level.

What I don't know, and this is very gray, is what happens to a previously granted status when a C&A member severs their relationship with a Spouse/significant other. I guess it depends on if the lead person contacts C&A and raises a stink about it. 😉

That's about it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DandDM said:

Allure to the chefs table?  Might have another entrance that I didn’t seen though. 

Oasis used to be that way also. But back then it was a CL.

Can't imagine a religious ceremony held up there, but thanks. 

Edited by John&LaLa

6 hours ago, Ret MP said:

In other words, a child may have the status or tier of Diamond but doesn't have the Benefit of entering the Diamond Lounge.  And obviously, a friend or other family member that isn't at least Diamond can't enter the Diamond Lounge.

As I said before, but you refuse to understand, a person with the status also has the benefits. 

If the child gets the status because of the parent, the child has the benefits. 

Whether that benefit is entering the lounge or getting the drink vouchers doesn't matter.  Anyone with the status gets the relevant benefits. 

I don't understand where you are separating the words "benefit" and "status".  You get the benefits if you have the status.  If you have the status you get the benefits.  They go hand in hand, regardless of how they were obtained.

• Like 3