Hot chocolate

azgrandmax3

You can get it at the International Cafe, but there is a charge.  If you have the drink package, no charge.  It used to be one punch on the old coffee card, and I used one up on an Alaska cruise filling kids with hot chocolate.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kay S said:

You can get it at the International Cafe, but there is a charge.  If you have the drink package, no charge.  It used to be one punch on the old coffee card, and I used one up on an Alaska cruise filling kids with hot chocolate.

The good thing about getting it at the IC is there is a bar next to it for a shot of Bailey's or Peppermint Schnapps.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, marden1970 said:

The good thing about getting it at the IC is there is a bar next to it for a shot of Bailey's or Peppermint Schnapps.

I tried that, but the bartender said I couldn't get the kids drunk.  🙂

One idea would be to take some instant and get hot water at the buffet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Kay S said:

I tried that, but the bartender said I couldn't get the kids drunk.  🙂

One idea would be to take some instant and get hot water at the buffet.

That’s what my dad used to do, bring his Nestle packets.

We don't drink alcohol, my husband drinks coffee and I drink hot chocolate.  We are getting the soda packages and he will get a coffee package.  I know my husband can have all the free hot chocolate he wants with the coffee package but he doesn't drink hot chocolate.  Can I purchase a hot chocolate at IC any time I want one?

23 minutes ago, Senga said:

We don't drink alcohol, my husband drinks coffee and I drink hot chocolate.  We are getting the soda packages and he will get a coffee package.  I know my husband can have all the free hot chocolate he wants with the coffee package but he doesn't drink hot chocolate.  Can I purchase a hot chocolate at IC any time I want one?

You can purchase hot chocolate at IC on your account or using soda and coffee package.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Senga said:

I know my husband can have all the free hot chocolate he wants with the coffee package but he doesn't drink hot chocolate.  Can I purchase a hot chocolate at IC any time I want one?

Perhaps, if he orders a hot chocolate and you are the one who drinks it, ...  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

Perhaps, if he orders a hot chocolate and you are the one who drinks it, ...  

I think you'd get a "funny" look if he ordered a coffee AND hot chocolate!  I don't mind paying for it so no problem.

For some reason I remember a hot chocolate machine, maybe it was Royal Princess, since I like to make a poor man's mocha, filling up have a mug of hot chocolate and then adding coffee. I think I might have to go the coffee card route on Discovery on Monday, since I'm feeling guilty over the 20 or so minibottles of booze sitting on my fridge now and the 8 bottles of rum I brought home using extra OBC on Alaska cruises this summer, carrying them in a duffel bag on my back while riding an electric bike from the pier to my car. 

• Haha 1

I read the fine print again on the coffee package and.....it will work.  It says the specialty coffees CAN be shared but only the card holder can drink the complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.  So, if I get the package, my husband can have 15 espresso coffee drinks and I can have as many complimentary hot chocolates as I want!!!!! 

• Like 2

On 11/9/2022 at 12:53 PM, donswife said:

DD tried that on the Sapphire last month and said it was too rich for her.

Really? DH does not drink alcohol or coffee. He says the hot chocolate from the IF is mediocre at best.