Brazil Caipininha on board

JOHN 57

10 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

Is the Brazil Caipininhas served onboard.

You will find the bar menus for each bar on your App.

It shows Caipirinha made with Lablon Cachaça rum served in Boleros $14

Edited by c-leg5

It is our cruise drink.  It means cruising to us.

And yes, on one cruise they ran out of cachaca.  TOTALLY.  And did not restock.

The next cruise, at the suite welcome party, I commented to the Hotel Manager that I hoped this would not happen again.  I had the Food and Beverage Manager and the Beverage Manager later seek me out to assure me that it would NOT happen on that cruise. 😄

• Like 1

they used to make a kiwi one before the restart and that was amazing... The number one thing I'm mad at is that they switched their bar menu around during the pause and so everything that I was looking forward to (kiwi caipininhas, my dad's nutty scotchman, raspberry collins) are gone.  So when I got back on board... waa waa.

6 hours ago, JOHN 57 said:

never tried the drink before, lookiing forward to on my cruise 14 January on Adventure of the Seas.

Not a fan. Taste was ok, but it smelled awful

I do need to develop a taste though if I want to enjoy NYE in Rio next year

• Like 1

18 hours ago, celoplyr said:

they used to make a kiwi one before the restart and that was amazing... The number one thing I'm mad at is that they switched their bar menu around during the pause and so everything that I was looking forward to (kiwi caipininhas, my dad's nutty scotchman, raspberry collins) are gone.  So when I got back on board... waa waa.

Did you ask the bartenders if they could make them?

If they have the ingredients, they will be happy to make them.  Even if they have to run to a kitchen to get something.  I have had the pool bar bartenders run into WJ for real sugar to make caipirinha.

They usually make them with simple syrup, which is NOT the same as being made with sugar.

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Not a fan. Taste was ok, but it smelled awful

I do need to develop a taste though if I want to enjoy NYE in Rio next year

What could smell bad??

Sugar cane and lime and sugar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SRF said:

What could smell bad??

Sugar cane and lime and sugar.

Molasses has a bad smell in my opinion. It's sugar cane. But that's rum. Cachaca is a different distilate process

Hey, but I can't stand cilantro. Maybe it's genetic

Edited by John&LaLa

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Molasses has a bad smell in my opinion. It's sugar cane. But that's rum. Cachaca is a different distilate process

Hey, but I can't stand cilantro. Maybe it's genetic

Yes, rum is made from molasses. They squeeze the juice from the sugar cane, then boil it until it becomes thick and dark.  Then they mix it with water and ferment it.

Cachaça is make from the fresh squeezed sugar cane.  Squeeze, ferment.  I have some I picked up in Brazil that has an under taste of fresh sugar cane juice.

When you are in Rio, on the second main road from the beach, behind the the Palace Hotel is a shop that has around 100 different cachacas.  And you can taste some.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SRF said:

Yes, rum is made from molasses. They squeeze the juice from the sugar cane, then boil it until it becomes thick and dark.  Then they mix it with water and ferment it.

Cachaça is make from the fresh squeezed sugar cane.  Squeeze, ferment.  I have some I picked up in Brazil that has an under taste of fresh sugar cane juice.

When you are in Rio, on the second main road from the beach, behind the the Palace Hotel is a shop that has around 100 different cachacas.  And you can taste some.

Thanks, I'm sure Rio will be a zoo on NYE though. May venture out once we get back from Christ the Redeemer trip

4 hours ago, SRF said:

Did you ask the bartenders if they could make them?

If they have the ingredients, they will be happy to make them.  Even if they have to run to a kitchen to get something.  I have had the pool bar bartenders run into WJ for real sugar to make caipirinha.

They usually make them with simple syrup, which is NOT the same as being made with sugar.

I did and they looked at me funny. I think it's because the original was made with a real kiwi and that's no longer being stocked.

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Thanks, I'm sure Rio will be a zoo on NYE though. May venture out once we get back from Christ the Redeemer trip

Don't miss Sugar Loaf also.  And the Hippy Market (Ipanema area)

• Thanks 1