Egg drop?

Storm Monkey

There certainly are plenty of cruise-lines offering different experiences.  
Seeing that these so called ‘silly and childish’ events are very popular for many of the guests, I don’t see them going away anytime soon.  Just find a cruise line that suits your wants.  If Princess is marketing to a younger crowd, they are doing so for their financial sustainability.  They have to bring in more fun and games as one day, us seniors won’t be around any longer.   
I’ve found myself going up to Crooners or the hallway that has couches/ chairs by the windows on deck 7 when the noise gets to be too much for me.  But, I certainly don’t begrudge Princess for attracting crowds in the piazza for their activities.  They are always well attended so obviously, their goal is being achieved.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

There certainly are plenty of cruise-lines offering different experiences.  
Seeing that these so called ‘silly and childish’ events are very popular for many of the guests, I don’t see them going away anytime soon.  Just find a cruise line that suits your wants.  If Princess is marketing to a younger crowd, they are doing so for their financial sustainability.  They have to bring in more fun and games as one day, us seniors won’t be around any longer.   
I’ve found myself going up to Crooners or the hallway that has couches/ chairs by the windows on deck 7 when the noise gets to be too much for me.  But, I certainly don’t begrudge Princess for attracting crowds in the piazza for their activities.  They are always well attended so obviously, their goal is being achieved.  

Princess has been doing the egg drop and paper airplane contests forever.  I think it really is for the older crowd because it is actually something they can do.  Those kinds of activities are not going to draw a hip, slick or cool youthful group of passengers.  Princess is just what it is.

Edited by PrincessLuver

28 minutes ago, beluga_baby said:

Out of curiosity, if you sign up to participate do they give you any tools and supplies? Or do you have to use whatever you find in your cabin and around the ship?  

As I recall (in the past) they didn't say you couldn't use items brought from home other than bubble wrap. Items like cushioning, string, tape, etc. brought on board were allowed. 

No tools are provided such as scissors or staple guns.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Princessfan20 said:

Or elevate how Princess goes about providing entertainment on their ships during the day.   Let them do the Hairy Leg/Chest Egg Drop and have even more fun.

One difference between those "C" games and Princess is that on Princess, people keep their clothes on.  😜

4 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

Princess has been doing the egg drop and paper airplane contests forever.  I think it really is for the older crowd because it is actually something they can do.  Those kinds of activities are not going to draw a hip, slick or cool youthful group of passengers.  Princess is just what it is.

We noticed a lot of younger people doing it on our latest cruises.  Ages were anywhere from 9 to 80 and everything in between.  We actually would have won one year but we’re told we couldn’t use supplies from our cabin.  The winner actually got supplies from his own cabin.  Oh well, so we are out a Princess coaster .. LOL!  

1 hour ago, katisdale said:

I have never laughed so hard. One contestant used his wife's bra and underpants to cradle the egg. The egg did not break but her scream was so loud. He may still be in the dog house.

Now, I don’t care how prim and proper one is…that is simply hilarious!   

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kay S said:

One difference between those "C" games and Princess is that on Princess, people keep their clothes on.  😜

Very thankful for that.  the mental visual picture of passengers without clothes on is just horrible frightening.  😄

Love the egg drop.  We have done it on every cruise.  No supplies given, just what you can find.  Don't ask me, our egg always breaks, but at least everyone laughs!!

On 11/14/2022 at 9:03 AM, beluga_baby said:

Out of curiosity, if you sign up to participate do they give you any tools and supplies? Or do you have to use whatever you find in your cabin and around the ship?  

6 hours ago, Hammoandnads said:

What are the prizes do they give for participants - OBC or souvenirs?

LOL 😄😄 I can see that you're new to Princess. 

They never give actual OBC for anything. All prizes have always been minimum for any events with the biggest over the years being a bottle of the cheapest wine they have. We couldn't even give it away to people who knew what it tasted like. 😖 

Lately all the prizes have been a coaster with the ships name on it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hammoandnads said:

What are the prizes do they give for participants - OBC or souvenirs?

if your in for the prize, then your setting youself up for failure. If your in for recognition then, may the force be with you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, c-boy said:

if your in for the prize, then your setting youself up for failure. If your in for recognition then, may the force be with you.

True, maybe a notebook or a coaster.  It is literally nothing.  It is just for the fun it takes to think of an idea for your entry.  Nothing but fun and good memories, even if your egg breaks!! Only the winner gets a prize (from applause from the audience as to whose was the best design, and sometimes the boobie prize for the worst design)

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 8:21 AM, Kay S said:

How I love Elevator Roulette.  It's the silliest of all the silly games and so much fun to watch.  

Okay... I've never done this nor have I seen it but it must be different than what I find when I Google "elevator roulette". How is it done on Princess?

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Okay... I've never done this nor have I seen it but it must be different than what I find when I Google "elevator roulette". How is it done on Princess?

Ooh. I won big with this on the Regal (tote bag and water bottle!). You all go to a bank of elevators. Everyone stands by the elevator they think will arrive next. People who stand by the wrong elevator are eliminated until there’s just one person left. Great fun!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, travellingnana said:

Ooh. I won big with this on the Regal (tote bag and water bottle!). You all go to a bank of elevators. Everyone stands by the elevator they think will arrive next. People who stand by the wrong elevator are eliminated until there’s just one person left. Great fun!!

That makes sense. What one finds when Googling for "elevator roulette" is not something I would ever expect to find on a Princess cruise. Perhaps its a Carnival thing.