Easter on Celebrity ~ lots of kids?

mafig

I'm looking at a cruise on Apex with pretty good pricing.  Unfortunately, the date is over Easter.

Last year we took the chance on a Easter cruise on NCL and it was full of kids, most all of them running wild in packs, taking over the hot tubs and pools (and this was in the Haven!).

The reason we took the chance was because I remembered a cruise we did on Celebrity over Easter that was blissfully empty of a lot of kids (I think there was 30 total).  I believe air prices were exceptionally high that weekend.

So which is it?   Can you share with me your experiences on Celebrity over Easter?  We'll be booking Retreat if that makes a difference.

Edited by mafig
  • Like 1

Easter is kind of late this year so it may be a case of not aligning with spring breaks so much. If you're looking at the 4/8 cruise I would say it wouldn't have any more than normal. Almost any that are off school for Easter will have time off prior to, not the week after the holiday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would think the itinerary and the  number of days will influence the number of children.  Shorter cruises will have a tenancy of having an impact.

I was onboard Silhouette last year for Easter but it was a TransAtlantic and there were very few children aboard.   It was very festive.

If a Caribbean or 7 day cruise there will be lots of children.  Spring break for my grandchildren varies from 2 days to 3 weeks in duration.  A TA or similar very few as Jim said 

Did a Thanksgiving cruise with 500 children that was fun with lots of families.  Simply avoided the pool.

Probably a non-issue or travel on Virgin (no kids allowed).  We were on Edge last year departing Easter Day.  There seemed to be no more than 20 kids on the ship, about 5 under 5, plus a small number of babies.  No packs of kids, and it is possible the kids we saw didn't have siblings or know anyone on the ship.  The kids program had a small number of kids in it each day.  There was an Easter bunny and egg hunt the first afternoon that brought out the kids that were onboard.  For those with kids, the staff and ship treated all the kids very well.  Most staff learned our son's name by the end of the first day.  And, we found the kids onboard to be very well behaved.    

Edited by Cap_D

20 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Easter is kind of late this year so it may be a case of not aligning with spring breaks so much. If you're looking at the 4/8 cruise I would say it wouldn't have any more than normal. Almost any that are off school for Easter will have time off prior to, not the week after the holiday. 

Certainly not the case in UK, the kids have 2 weeks off school.

A few years ago I took a cruise over Easter thinking I was clever by avoiding possible spring break cruisers.  There were 600 kids on this cruise and it felt like more.....even though I was in Aqua class.  Running up and down halls, taking food off of room service trays, it was like nothing I've seen before (or since thankfully).  Hopefully that was an anomaly.

Good question - this summer our 12 night cruise on Apex was as expected with 2400 guests and only a couple children.  The next was 7 night Norway out of Amsterdam and it was full of families which did change the feel a bit with roaming groups of teens and a much less quiet MDR.  After one cruise over a holiday we pretty much stay away from that time.  At one point the couple weeks right after Thanksgiving were a great price point so we would travel then.