First Responders & Medical Professionals Offer

Astro Flyer

3 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Hopefully the process to qualify goes smoothly for those who are eligible for this offer.

Ours/Hers took about 2 minutes - Sheer ID ... but she had been 'verified' twice before - once for $50 OBC and then last time for the 50% off.  Active license, but not working in a 'medical' field - currently doing some private 'nanny' work

• Like 2

On 11/16/2022 at 11:14 AM, Thrak said:

Too bad it's for "new bookings only". Our son is a CHP officer and is booked with his family and us for their first ever cruise in 2024. I hate how they run these promotions that block out people who are already booked for a future cruise.

I believe if he’s not paid in full, he can cancel and just rebook it, even if at a different agency.  

On 11/16/2022 at 1:11 PM, malba2366 said:

"Standard fare" is the full fare which almost no one ever pays.  The cruises are always 30-40% off, so this could still be a decent savings.  Hopefully they have not restricted it to a small number of cruises during off peak tines.

Actually, the ‘standard fare’ is the one without the Plus or Premier packages added on to it.  Those items, if you wish to add them on will the done at the rate of $50 or $75 a day pp. and that portion of your fare won’t be at a  discount. 

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Actually, the ‘standard fare’ is the one without the Plus or Premier packages added on to it.  Those items, if you wish to add them on will the done at the rate of $50 or $75 a day pp. and that portion of your fare won’t be at a  discount. 

Thanks 🙂

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 6:42 PM, sunsetme said:

After getting verified how do I find the designated cruises that are discounted

That's my question?  I got the email that I was verified but then it just looks like it's taking me to the regular Princess site and it isn't clear if the discount is applied.  What am I doing wrong?

On 11/16/2022 at 7:10 PM, ceilidh1 said:

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

That's my question?  I got the email that I was verified but then it just looks like it's taking me to the regular Princess site and it isn't clear if the discount is applied.  What am I doing wrong?

Did you see the Excel document posted earlier with the available cruises? No prices but dates, ships & destinations are listed.

In the Princess website for this offer it states “You will be sent your offer via email on December 5, 2022 so that you can book your next cruise”.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

FYI - I went to use the Teachers discount on a current cruise and there was a different promo that had much better pricing. So check all pricing when you go to use the promo.

It is not 25% off lowest fare but 25% off standard fare. I had a promo (balcony for inside pricing).

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

We don't have anything we plan to book with this discount, but are looking forward to seeing what the offers are and possibly booking, depending what it looks like. If I recall correctly from last time, they were offered at an excellent price. 

Edited by jennybenny
  • Like 1

My daughter is verified for this and wants to give us this cruise as a gift with her discount.  Is that possible?  She can't travel with us as she is constantly working.  How would I find this out?  Many thanks in advance.  S

48 minutes ago, njsonja said:

My daughter is verified for this and wants to give us this cruise as a gift with her discount.  Is that possible?  She can't travel with us as she is constantly working.  How would I find this out?  Many thanks in advance.  S

I don't believe this would be possible.  The discount would only apply if she was a booked passenger.

1 hour ago, njsonja said:

Unfortunately no.

On 11/16/2022 at 11:14 AM, Thrak said:

Too bad it's for "new bookings only". Our son is a CHP officer and is booked with his family and us for their first ever cruise in 2024. I hate how they run these promotions that block out people who are already booked for a future cruise.

The one case that I've seen showed a Chicago PD officer who was issued a medallion with a shield rather than a Princess logo.  There are some first responders (especially law enforcement) who would rather not have their occupations broadcasted while they're on vacation.

12 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

The one case that I've seen showed a Chicago PD officer who was issued a medallion with a shield rather than a Princess logo.  There are some first responders (especially law enforcement) who would rather not have their occupations broadcasted while they're on vacation.

Is it possible they chose that symbol when picking out their medallion?

• 2 weeks later...