Diamond Level VIFP - No Arrival Time On Boarding Pass

Spaniel Lover

I'm diamond level in the VIFP program, and just checked in for my upcoming cruise.  Upon completing the check-in process, I was issued my final documents including the boarding pass.  On my boarding pass, there is no arrival appointment time listed, it is just blank.  Same for boarding zone...  that field in just blank on the boarding pass.  Is that because I am in the diamond group, or did I miss a step in the check-in process?

If diamonds don't get assigned an arrival appointment time, can I just show up at the Miami terminal at 11 AM and check in?

Thanks for your help.  This process is slightly different than the last time I cruised with Carnival, thus my confusion.

Having the same issue. In the past, just skipped most of the fields and selected boarding time. This time filled out everything and never had the option to select time. Arrival time and Boarding group are blank on Boarding Pass. We are Platinum and will try again later. 

2 hours ago, pe4all said:

Hopefully they will now go back to the "old" way and have no boarding times for Diamonds/Plats, and it is not just a glitch.  

If all goes back to the old procedures, by not selecting a check in time, one will be auto filled for you. Show up when you want to, you will be directed right into the terminal and on board the ship.

1 hour ago, Spaniel Lover said:

Yep, I see they fixed it now.  I was able to go in and select and arrival time, and now I have a boarding group number.

Thank you all for your comments...  you saved me having to bother my travel agent!

I'm curious what time you chose and what boarding group were you given. As a Diamond I don't see why you would need a boarding group. Diamonds are the First to board, so even if you were to check in after boarding has already commenced as a Diamond you should be able just to board after checking in. I checked in to our Celebration Cruise on Monday and chose 11:00 as check-in time. Was given a B group boarding. 

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I'm curious what time you chose and what boarding group were you given. 

They offered me the whole range of arrival times, as early as 10 AM.
I chose the 10:30 - 11:00 arrival time window.
Boarding group is B.
I'm assuming A is probably wedding guests or perhaps people in wheelchairs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spaniel Lover said:

Boarding group is B.

I'm surprised you didn't get an A group at 10:30. Of course for Diamonds the boarding group is moot now.

Edited by kwokpot

6 hours ago, Spaniel Lover said:

Yep, I see they fixed it now.  I was able to go in and select and arrival time, and now I have a boarding group number.

Thank you all for your comments...  you saved me having to bother my travel agent!

Jim, just wanted to tell you how much I love your cruising vids. What ship are you and your wife on?

7 hours ago, Spaniel Lover said:

Boarding group is B.

A is for people who get early arrival appointments

13 hours ago, jedi bobs said:

Jim, just wanted to tell you how much I love your cruising vids. What ship are you and your wife on?

Thank you...  that's very nice of you to say.
We'll be on Carnival Celebration, next month...  and of course, there will be videos on my YouTube channel about it.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Spaniel Lover said:

Boarding group is B.

I think if you had selected 10am, you would been in the A group.

16 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I'm surprised you didn't get an A group at 10:30. Of course for Diamonds the boarding group is moot now.

As I noted in a different thread, I checked in for a cruise as soon as I could last night, not a D/P or other priority, and got B05 at 10:30am. 

10 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

A is for people who get early arrival appointments

Indeed, I think if Spaniel Lover had selected the 10am slot, it is likely it would have been an A series Zone.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 8:37 AM, jsglow said:

Hey @Spaniel Lover, did you see John Heald's discussion on FB this morning regarding D&P arrivals? 

I didn't see that.  I just went over to FB and looked through all of John's posts from this morning and didn't see anything about Diamonds & Platinums, other than where he showed the lounge where they would wait before boarding.

Perhaps you could bring me up to speed by summarizing whatever it was you read.

2 minutes ago, Spaniel Lover said:

I didn't see that.  I just went over to FB and looked through all of John's posts from this morning and didn't see anything about Diamonds & Platinums, other than where he showed the lounge where they would wait before boarding.

Perhaps you could bring me up to speed by summarizing whatever it was you read.

First off @Spaniel Lover, why the heck aren't YOU in MIA at the naming ceremony! 🙂

What JH said was that they were aware of the computer glitch and that he and the beards we're working out the kinks, that they hoped to have 'more announcements this week', and that D&Ps should 'just go and look for the D&P line'.  I personally took that as a wink wink to ignore the formal arrival time and that announcements about that will pre-date the actual commencement of FTTF in December.  Perhaps they are clearing this with CDC or something before making the final announcement. Or perhaps they are writing new code for the check-in that just instructs P&Ds to show up when they want.

Again, everything I just said is a 'read between the lines'. Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

When I look at our boarding passes from pre-covid cruises I see we had arrival times, but I recall we just ignored those and went when we wanted and went straight on board. If they are going back to the old way I would expect the same thing.

15 hours ago, jsglow said:

First off @Spaniel Lover, why the heck aren't YOU in MIA at the naming ceremony! 🙂

If I lived in Miami, I probably would be!  But I'm at the far opposite corner of the country...  so, I can't just pop over to smooze with the Carnival brass at the naming ceremony.

But I'll be getting aboard the new ship quite soon.  I just don't like to book the very first cruise, or even the first couple of cruises of a new ship, because I know the crew needs time to work all the kinks out of their processes.

Heck, even when I sailed on MSC Seaside when she was new...  and they had been doing cruises for about two months before I got there...  the crew didn't know what the heck they were doing.  It was the most disorganized cruise I had ever been on...  and a good reminder to give a crew a little bit of time to figure out how to do everything the best way.

Carnival crews seem to be a much sharper bunch than the folks working for MSC, plus I'm sure there have been a lot of lessons learned from Mardi Gras...  so I'm pretty confident that they'll be pros by the time I get there a few weeks from now.

• Like 2

The new terminal F at Port of Miami is great. Separate queues and even separate security scanning areas. Lots of nice seating the separate lounge. And without the ultra high ceilings the terminal isn't an echo chamber like the new Port Canaveral terminal. That terminal, despite being a new build, isn't a very comfortable place to be in.