Observations From The Poop Deck : BEYOND NOV 20-27 2022

morpheusofthesea

5 hours ago, volk904 said:

Our last ship had both metal and non metal walls. You might find a metal one.  Also usually the ceilings are metal. 

You are correct. The cabin door, the door to the second 1/2 bath and two12" wide panels and a 8" wide panel balcony walls.(the ocean facing wall is mostly glass). Ceilings are beyond reach.Can no longer climb into a tub with ease so no standing on chairs.

The wifi service appears to be great. This premium Starlink comes complimentary with the cabin category up to 5 devices per guest. Go to the wifi icon on the top right corner of the screen and scroll to wifi guest Beyond and create a new account with number on key card. 

In this photo we were able to tieback the draperies leading out to the balcony with magnetic hooks and a thick shoe lace. The blackout drapery is permanently attached to the wall.

IMG_2413.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This photo is taken in the Luminae from seated at our table in the very back of the Luminae table 66. The chair in the foreground is another 2 top about 4 feet away next to us, but at least 6 feet away from other 2 tops and no one in back or to my right. I was blunt with the Maitre 'D, Pete. Told him we want the same table for breakfast, lunch and dinner with the same waiter because I like to tip at the end. I did tip in advance in his case to show I was serious and will tip him  again at the end. 

IMG_2376.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are little things everyone will find better on the Beyond. Yes there are some kinks that must be worked out still like the plexiglass window walls around the champaign hot tubs, but the design is better. Like the Spa Cafe in the Solarium. One no longer walks between the tables to get to the pool deck, this short wall separates the eating area.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Will have to find out how many on board this cruise. So far no lines at the Oceanview Cafe, though everything is SELF serve. Very few mask wearers. Only wait we saw last night was for dining in the Cosmopolitan, while just across the hall was no wait at the Cypress. I guess people are still confused as to where they can eat.

Went down to deck 3 to guest services. No line and only two open desks. Asked the purser how many on board this sailing 2500 out of a 3200 maximum. Then I made a faux pas and asked him how many in the Yacht Club. He said you mean the Retreat. Yes the Retreat, sorry. He said the Retreat is always full.  Neither the Retreat nor the entire ship seems really full.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

How do you like your suite? The balcony looks small. People were complaining about loud creaking last night. Did you experience any?

It is lovely. The balcony is adequate. Love the overhang. It is poring rain at the moment but still very nice out on the balcony. Yes, much creaking and rattling last night. Rocking and rolling, but slept very well in spite of it all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, YensidCA said:

I have a request for those on board. Could you post the daily planners? 

Much apricated

A lot of people request this and I'm genuinely curious as to the reason.  IDK why but I always thought the daily planner was unique to each sailing.  Or are they more standard?  

2 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

A lot of people request this and I'm genuinely curious as to the reason.   

I am a neurodiverse person who requires extensive planning. The only way I can accomplish the things I do are to keep spreadsheets, notes and other tools.

Having an idea on what has previously been sch'd helps me organize so I don't get stressed out. 

• Like 9

Noticed another improvement of the Magic Carpet bar and restaurant on the Beyond. It appears to be better stabilized than the Edge. We were out on the Magic Carpet this morning as the captain maneuvered this behemoth into port against strong winds. While on the Edge in 2021 in the exact same situation the captain was again maneuvering the Edge and when using the thrusters made the entire Magic Carpet into a trampoline, terrifying all of us on the Magic Carpet. A crew member got a good chuckle which actually helped calm us down, that we were not going to topple into the water below. This Magic Carpet was sturdy with no hint of a vibration.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Agree.  Wonder why they didn't paint it white to blend in with the rest of the trim...or blue, even.  Never would have thought of orange.

It was purposeful for contrast. You may not like it but others do and most importantly the Celebrity management likes it. 

• Like 1