Observations From The Poop Deck : BEYOND NOV 20-27 2022

morpheusofthesea

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Agree.  Wonder why they didn't paint it white to blend in with the rest of the trim...or blue, even.  Never would have thought of orange.

Blue and orange are complementary colors, they're directly opposite each other on the color wheel. Complementary colours with the most contrast.  

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

True that, Kwokpot!  🙂

I'm glad you didn't take my comment as a snipe on you. As we here on CC know full well the E-Class has elicited lots of critical comments on it's interior as well as exterior design, so you're not alone in your opinion. 

21 minutes ago, YensidCA said:

Blue and orange are complementary colors, they're directly opposite each other on the color wheel. Complementary colours with the most contrast.  

So true.  It wouldn't have been my color wheel choice but, hey...you know what they say about opinions...🙂

9 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I'm glad you didn't take my comment as a snipe on you. As we here on CC know full well the E-Class has elicited lots of critical comments on it's interior as well as exterior design, so you're not alone in your opinion. 

No, I didn't at all.  Admittedly, I probably need to be a little less opinionated about something I haven't even tried yet.  Hopefully someday we'll bite the bullet!

4 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

No, I didn't at all.  Admittedly, I probably need to be a little less opinionated about something I haven't even tried yet.  Hopefully someday we'll bite the bullet!

I would have preferred a coordinating, rather than a contrasting color, myself.

Another opinion (based on far less information that is required to make a well-informed one): the less-than-overwhelmingly-popular Infinite Verandahs may have been built to reduce drag, and were necessary to counteract the increased drag created by the Magic Carpet. 

I imagine that better-informed folks might have opinions that differ.

• Like 1

What is most disconcerting was tonights performance of Arte in The Theater. A mediocre high school performance, When on the Edge we were treated to guest performances like Up Towne, a Whitney Houstan and an Aretha Franklin tribute singers, talented and very entertaining. The captain was the best entertainment of the evening on stage. 

Still cannot upload any video longer than 5 seconds.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

What is most disconcerting was tonights performance of Arte in The Theater. A mediocre high school performance, When on the Edge we were treated to guest performances like Up Towne, a Whitney Houstan and an Aretha Franklin tribute singers, talented and very entertaining. The captain was the best entertainment of the evening on stage. 

Still cannot upload any video longer than 5 seconds.

Unless the principal performers were not on I'll have to push back on you assessment of Arte. I'm currently on my 101cruise and in my opinion Arte on the 10/26 sailing on Beyond was one of the best made-for-cruiseship production shows I've EVER seen. Puts to shane the production show on the MSC Seashore I saw in September. That truly was amateurish. Nothing made sense, the acrobatics were just thrown in there for the sake of it. My dad, who's 93,was blown away by Arte on the Beyond. 

Edited by kwokpot

17 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Unless the principal performers were not on I'll have to push back on you assessment of Arte.

All may push back on anything any of us have to say. Let us just make an observation. We felt we made a mistake in choosing seats where there was no room to make a quick escape without crossing in front of people to exit the theater. We envied the host of others that got up and did walk out. On MSC we attended the same shows every month and witnessed standing ovations for two "Coast to Coast" and "Amore" nearly every performance. 

As for your 101st. cruise, we will not hold your youth and inexperience against you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

6 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

All may push back on anything any of us have to say. Let us just make an observation. We felt we made a mistake in choosing seats where there was no room to make a quick escape without crossing in front of people to exit the theater. We envied the host of others that got up and did walk out. On MSC we attended the same shows every month and witnessed standing ovations for two "Coast to Coast" and "Amore" nearly every performance. 

As for your 101st. cruise, we will not hold your youth and inexperience against you.

Everyone is obviously allowed their own thoughts on things but if you read the reviews on Cruise Critic the production shows on the Beyond have gotten almost universal praise. The theater on the Beyond is the most technologically advanced cruiseship theater. No MSC theater has anything to compare. 

Edited by kwokpot

Menus in Luminae are back to leather bound. We were not given a classic menu though it was easily verbalize when asked. Of important note is the addition of always available desserts every evening of Creme Brulee, chocolate cake, New York cheese cake with choice of 3 toppings,  or/and apple pie a la mode. Also a choice of chocolate, strawberry or/and vanilla ice creams. Had the Daniel Boulard dessert again of milk chocolate "pill" and New York cheese cake with chocolate syrup. It is vital for proper dining pleasure to always have the sweeter dessert last. Next time I will start my desserts with the New York cheese cake, then move on to the milk chocolate "pill". But tonight I think I will start with apple pie a la mode ( I haven't yet decided on my 2nd or 3rd dessert). Decisions, decisions.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Posted is a 'blurb' in the daily program about chair hogging. In scoping out the Retreat sundeck for a quick video (all videos are short and will have to wait til we get home to upload) We overheard a women complaining to a Retreat staff member that a location she covets is taken by a chair hog (my words, not hers) and asked if they would please remove the offending personal items from these lounges. The Retreat staff member , very contrite, responded that he could do nothing.

IMG_2468.jpg

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Last evening was "Chic Night". Really high class group in the Retreat this cruise. Men wore jackets, women are always 'dressed to the nines' on every ship we have frequented, and this one is no exception.

Great to see. I have lived in track pants and hoodies for too long. 

I noticed in the dailies you posted that there was a Muster 2.0 held for three hours one day…was that for passengers? Trying to figure out how Beyond sailed without everyone already doing Muster 🤔. Another thank you from me for posting your travels, very well done and I’m enjoying each day with my morning coffee! 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

I noticed in the dailies you posted that there was a Muster 2.0 held for three hours one day…was that for passengers? Trying to figure out how Beyond sailed without everyone already doing Muster 🤔. Another thank you from me for posting your travels, very well done and I’m enjoying each day with my morning coffee! 

Muster 2.0 is the "new" muster drill where you do it on the app and/or on cabin TV.  Then before departure you are required to quickly "check in" at your muster location.

I think the old muster drill from before covid is gone forever.   I hope

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today is day 3. Cobb Salad on the Luminae lunch menu again. (I like it). This time i read the ingredients, in particular the Neuske's bacon. The kitchen gets the slab and cuts it into cubes just like the chicken. Very popular on the internet and expensive. Today is a great day to sit out on a lounge watching the ocean listening to the surf with calm seas opening up to a 'blue mind'. I get all the news I need on a restaurant menu.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The captain quipped on stage last night that he earned his stripes getting us out of the Port of Miami in such bad weather. He said he had to lead the way as the other ships where waiting to see if we made it or if the Beyond would become just another condominium on the rocks leaving the port. He got an applause from the audience, but he admonished us for not doing more for his achievement. He expected us to jump to our feet and tear our clothes off and run around with hysterical joy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3