Customer Service Hold Time

Yesterday I waited on hold for 3 hours before I gave up. I put my name in the queue at 9:20 am this morning. Still no call back. I am now back on hold, 2 hours later and still waiting. I understand with Black Friday sales, it would be busy, but I have never experienced these hold times and have been cruising exclusively with RC for 10+ years. If I could do what I want to with my existing reservation online, I would. If I could chat with someone online, I would. Am I missing something? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

I'm in the same boat! Yesterday 6+ hours & so far today 1 hour & 52 minutes.  I've emailed them twice yesterday from their "contact us" page. All I got was an automated response.

We are trying to price adjust as our sailing has been reduced by $400.00 +.

Advice? Should we put a "Hold" at the new price, (we have a guarantee interior) & hope that we hear from them?

So frustrated! Why promote a sale if you don't have the reps to service the customers!?

• Like 1

Oh my gosh…8 hours! I messaged them via insta asking if customer service is down

I wish I had some advice for you. What I would do is take a screenshot of the price and a screenshot of your phone with wait time. 

This can’t be good for RC. Imagine how much $$ they are losing. Being on hold for HOURS will turn many away from RC. Especially newbies

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lisacruzzes said:

I wish I had some advice for you. What I would do is take a screenshot of the price and a screenshot of your phone with wait time.

I'll try the screenshot. 

BTW, at this point, I don't care if RCI is losing $. I just know that if I don't get through, I'm losing $400+

While all of my wait time has been on my land line, I decided to use my cell as well. I called the same # on each device 1-866-562-7625. On my land line , I get the constant advertising messages telling me how great their ships & ports are. On my cell, I get the All reps are busy because our sale is so GREAT! They also say the wait time is: 2 hours & 47 minutes! That's EXACTLY the same time they told me yesterday!

BOGUS!

43 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Today - right now it says two hours wait. On hold right now but I might be giving up soon!  I want to cancel and rebook some excursions for our December cruise. Anyone know if tax is added? If not I can do it through the cruise planner.

when i purchased the excursions for my cruise in may i was charged tax

48 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Today - right now it says two hours wait. On hold right now but I might be giving up soon!  I want to cancel and rebook some excursions for our December cruise. Anyone know if tax is added? If not I can do it through the cruise planner.

Just got off the phone.  FINALLY! I saved $467.00 between 2 cruises. Worth the wait, yes, but still frustrating.

• Like 2

Royal Caribbean laid off all of their online travel agents about 5 weeks ago, and now instead of calling your personal RCL T/A you must call the 800 number and wait for someone to be available.

We had our RCL T/A for over 15 years and he was told on a Friday that he no longer had a job along with the entire RCL online call agents.

This is just for RCL and not for Celebrity or the other owned cruise lines under Royal Caribbean International.

I want to be able to call a personal RCL T/A at their extension number whenever I need assistance or wish to book a cruise without waiting for hours.

RCL PLEASE RESTORE THIS SERVICE.

Another example of cost cutting I guess to charm the stockholders.

4 hours ago, mets123 said:

I saved over $2100 on three cruises. But my wait times were as bad as everyone mentioned.

We saved &450. on our 12 day Vision from Baltimore and & $17. on a 4 day Allure. Hopefully the Allure January 2024, will drop some more .

22 hours ago, Lisacruzzes said:

Yesterday I waited on hold for 3 hours before I gave up. I put my name in the queue at 9:20 am this morning. Still no call back. I am now back on hold, 2 hours later and still waiting. I understand with Black Friday sales, it would be busy, but I have never experienced these hold times and have been cruising exclusively with RC for 10+ years. If I could do what I want to with my existing reservation online, I would. If I could chat with someone online, I would. Am I missing something? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

This is why I use a TA. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

I am Diamond, and last Friday, I was on hold for 1 minute.  (Being Diamond had nothing to do with it, but everyone likes to say it, so I felt that I should)

I'm Diamond also, still had to wait forever!

19 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

I am Diamond, and last Friday, I was on hold for 1 minute.  (Being Diamond had nothing to do with it, but everyone likes to say it, so I felt that I should)

I'm a lowly Gold, and called on Friday to book the Key. I got through in less than a minute on the C&A line.

On 11/20/2022 at 12:43 PM, Moon Orchid said:

I used to call C&A number but not anymore. Now I would call 866-562-7625 early in the morning or around 7-8 in the evening .I was calling the other night to get the price reduction for our cruise and only have to wait 1 minute.

Thanks for the advice!  I'm on hold right now, and -- if I give up -- I'll try again this evening, as you suggest.  It's irritating -- why don't they hire enough people to manage their call volume?  

Someone else mentioned a $400 drop.  I'd stay online a while for that.  It's not like I can't do something else while listening to their music.  I'm sitting in my spare bedroom organizing Christmas gifts.  

• Like 2