Arrive early at Cape Liberty

artvlay

10 minutes ago, artvlay said:

10 minutes ago, artvlay said:

My friends are on an Anthem cruise the week before we go on ours. I was thinking if i bring their car to them at 8am is there a place that we can wait at the terminal until our 10am checkin time?

All he many times we have been there they let people INTO the terminal based on the scheduled time. 

Was different back in the small ship era but they TRY to keep it orderly now.

Ask them to get off the ship at the end of their disembarkation schedule while they stay warm inside.

Edited by boscobeans

13 minutes ago, artvlay said:

My friends are on an Anthem cruise the week before we go on ours. I was thinking if i bring their car to them at 8am is there a place that we can wait at the terminal until our 10am checkin time?

Can you have them take you to lunch and return later?

There  used to be a waiting room outside the terminal with seating, but last I heard it was closed.  It was for people waiting for rides.  But, you can't just go sit in the terminal as there is no place to sit until after you go through security and go upstairs to check in.  You can't even get into the terminal until they officially open for check in.  You can stand outside, but do you really want to?

35 minutes ago, BND said:

There  used to be a waiting room outside the terminal with seating, but last I heard it was closed.  It was for people waiting for rides.  But, you can't just go sit in the terminal as there is no place to sit until after you go through security and go upstairs to check in.  You can't even get into the terminal until they officially open for check in.  You can stand outside, but do you really want to?

You check in at street level at Cape Liberty and sit in chairs at the same level until it is time to board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, artvlay said:

You mean the parking lot!

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

You check in at street level at Cape Liberty and sit in chairs at the same level until it is time to board.

That really doesn't matter.  But, you still can't go in and sit unless the terminal is open and they let you in.  The main point of my post was they USED to have a room outside the terminal where people could sit and wait for rides, but that's been gone a while.

Edited by BND
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BND said:

That really doesn't matter.  But, you still can't go in and sit unless the terminal is open and they let you in.  The main point of my post was they USED to have a room outside the terminal where people could sit and wait for rides, but that's been gone a while.

LOL  Okay, good luck checking in upstairs.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, artvlay said:

I arrived at Cape Liberty in October at 9:30 with a 10:30 boarding time. There was no enforcement of boarding times. Cruisers were allowed into the terminal and directed to seating areas after checking in. Boarding the ship, which started about 10:25, was not done by appointment time but by the row you were sitting in.

There are some benches outside the terminal building with no protection form the weather. The best place to wait, to be protected from the weather, would be at the Starbucks on Goldsborough Dr. It is 2 miles away and across from Costco. You would need taxi or Uber back to the terminal.

On 11/22/2022 at 12:50 PM, BND said:

It's not there anymore.  (I know what you're talking about-it was like a little structure to the left of the doors to enter, sort of in front of the exit.  It was there shortly after the new terminal opened and it went away a year or so later I think....)

• 2 weeks later...