What to choose?

Orator

22 minutes ago, Orator said:

Planning my first Oceania cruise and seeking information on what appears to be larger balconies. Would you take one or a conceirge cabin?

which ship are you looking at? I believe the regular and concierge cabins and balconies are the same size: with the concierge level you would receive a few perks: laundry, access to the concierge lounge, earlier embarkation time, earlier access to make specialty dinner reservations, and a few other items. The Penthouse suites have larger balconies.

31 minutes ago, Orator said:

Planning my first Oceania cruise and seeking information on what appears to be larger balconies. Would you take one or a conceirge cabin?

When we sail on Riviera or Marina, we always choose the extra-large balcony cabins. We much prefer the extra balcony space over anything concierge offers.  Study the deck plans and choose wisely. A travel agent that books lots of Oceania cruises can help you, or you can read further on this site learn more.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Orator said:

On Marina and Riviera, our preference will always be a B (balcony) over an A (whose “concierge” perks have little to interest us).

And it’s a “no brainer” for many of us who prefer the B3 extended balcony (see pic) 

And do know that there are four of the B3 extended balconies that have railing on two sides instead of only the outer one. We’re in one of them on Marina right now (47 nights- BCN-ATH-FCO-BCN-MIA).

At many $ hundreds per person/per segment less than “concierge,”  one of those four “open corner” B3s makes the choice so easy.

Of course, as hard as it is to get one of the regular extended balconies, do know that there’s an art to landing one of the coveted four.

4F7A2372-97E9-4898-A2DC-A6582B34E9FA.jpeg

CBBB1D2E-A3C0-4B10-8454-B3A1DEA31E7F.jpeg

Extended balconies are good on warm weather cruises  if you spend  a lot of time there

You will be overlooked  when out in the extended area  but you can meet the upstairs neighbours that way 😉

image.png.a3727352164a321027a30be4925ed5

We, too, are fans of the two-sided, extended balcony B3s on Marina and Riviera. My question, though, relates to Vista. Of course, I realize no one yet has first hand experience, but from the Vista schematic for deck 7, it appears there are the same beloved two-sided, extended balconies both forward and aft. They are now, however, Concierge A3s forward (7008 and 7009); and PH2s aft (7108 and 7109). Wondering if anyone has additional 'inside' information (looking at you FF and Jancruz) to confirm that these are, in fact, the same two-sided, extended balconies as on Marina and Riviera.

My experience has been if you wait around and talk about the extended balcony cabins, on any particular cruise, they are booked quickly.

How much time do you normally spend on your balcony? How many sea days do you have to spend there? It was dark by 5:30 (17:30) in our recent cruise. Are you spending time on your balcony in the dark? Different question if you’re cruising when it not dark to midnight or later. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jazznruby said:

We, too, are fans of the two-sided, extended balcony B3s on Marina and Riviera. My question, though, relates to Vista. Of course, I realize no one yet has first hand experience, but from the Vista schematic for deck 7, it appears there are the same beloved two-sided, extended balconies both forward and aft. They are now, however, Concierge A3s forward (7008 and 7009); and PH2s aft (7108 and 7109). Wondering if anyone has additional 'inside' information (looking at you FF and Jancruz) to confirm that these are, in fact, the same two-sided, extended balconies as on Marina and Riviera.

What in the world would make you think FF has inside information? He's just a regular cruiser just like the rest of us. Jan on the other hand...............

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, ORV said:

What in the world would make you think FF has inside information? He's just a regular cruiser just like the rest of us. Jan on the other hand...............

Gosh, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, ORV. Yes, I know FF is a 'regular cruiser", and despite the fact that some on here don't always like his delivery, he's knowledgable about certain things O related. Just thought he and/or Jan might have some insight...or anybody else, for that matter.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jazznruby said:

If you want one  of those cabins  book  it  early

then when the ship actually sail  someone may have an answer  & you can decide if  you still want the cabin or not

JMO

20 hours ago, jazznruby said:

Yours is a legit question. We were booked on the Vista maiden voyage until it was cancelled. We studied the Vista deck plans and came to the same conclusion you did.

‘However, if you check deck 8 there appears to be some double extended balconies forward only.  We couldn’t figure what they would be other than that so booked 8010 (8011 same on port side).

One thing I would recommend if you want one of the two-sided open balconies is choose one of the suites open aft (8010 or 8011). The aft suites open forward act as a funnel for the wind making them useless while moving. 
You are correct that they are no longer B3, Oceania getting wise and making them A3.

Edited by Robjame
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Sorry Jazznruby - just checked once more and it is 8006 or 8007 that are the extended, extended extended  balconies.

I think you were right the first time. 🤔 8010 and 8011 look to be extended (similar to 7008 and 7009) and bigger than 8006 and 8007, although they look somewhat extended also. 

On 11/22/2022 at 4:46 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

On Marina and Riviera, our preference will always be a B (balcony) over an A (whose “concierge” perks have little to interest us).

And it’s a “no brainer” for many of us who prefer the B3 extended balcony (see pic) 

And do know that there are four of the B3 extended balconies that have railing on two sides instead of only the outer one. We’re in one of them on Marina right now (47 nights- BCN-ATH-FCO-BCN-MIA).

At many $ hundreds per person/per segment less than “concierge,”  one of those four “open corner” B3s makes the choice so easy.

Of course, as hard as it is to get one of the regular extended balconies, do know that there’s an art to landing one of the coveted four.

4F7A2372-97E9-4898-A2DC-A6582B34E9FA.jpeg

CBBB1D2E-A3C0-4B10-8454-B3A1DEA31E7F.jpeg

May I ask which cabin numbers on Marina are the 2 open sided balconies?

7 minutes ago, Ski Mom 2 said:

May I ask which cabin numbers on Marina are the 2 open sided balconies?

Actually there are 4. Look at the deck plans for deck 7. It's very apparent. Last ones on the front where it shows the wide deck and first ones at the rear where the deck gets wide. 

• Thanks 1