Business Air through Regent

horseymike

8 hours ago, horseymike said:

Hi Everyone,

Can you folks fill me in on how Regent chooses Business Air flights when they are included in your fare ?
Do you have any input on the flights assigned  ?

Thanks 

Check out “Regent Flights-with and without deviation” at the top of the Regent threads.  It will answer any questions you may have. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, horseymike said:

Hi Everyone,

Can you folks fill me in on how Regent chooses Business Air flights when they are included in your fare ?
Do you have any input on the flights assigned  ?

Thanks 

Regent generally chooses flights where they have contracts with the airlines that have contract availability when the time comes for Regent to book.  Beyond flights under contract, like any company will choose the lower cost flights.

As far as having an input as was said read the sticky about flights with or without deviation.  Quite a bit of great info but, lots of posts to sort thru.  The basics are if you don't deviate and pay the $175 pp fee for the deviation you have no input into the fights assigned.  That said deviations start 270 days prior to your embarkation and even with the deviation fee, the sooner you request the deviation the better for you to get your chosen itinerary.

If you have specific questions after reading the stickled thread many of us will be able to answer your specific questions

Not sure if this is included in the sticky.  One thing that has been talked about on the forum and I had as an the option, is a better flight with paying extra, like $2000/p in our case.  We are going with the flights that are only the deviation fee extra.

The main point,  you do get you choice if you deviate.

• Like 1

I recently flew on November 3 from Austin to Los Angeles to board Mariner. I did not deviate, but my TA was able to choose among several flight options on the day of embarkation. There was no deviation fee as I flew in the day of embarkation. I did reject the afternoon flights that Regent wanted to put me on, instead I flew in at the crack of dawn and waited about two hours before the first shuttle picked me up at the airport. I knew that in advance and I preferred that option rather than a gamble whether I would be able to make it on board the ship if anything went wrong  with the afternoon flight. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We've moved from a Regent Air departure point (Seattle or SEA) to the nearby airport of Portland OR or PDX.  Does Regent Air use PDX as or starting point or are we expected to fly to SEA on our own before jointing a BC flight with Regent to our cruise?

Just curious as it would be no big deal to catch a flight from PDX to SEA on our own.  We would probably go in a day early, get a hotel for one day and then pickup our arranged Regent flight there.  We're looking at a flight from PDX to Santiago which the shortest version looks to be around 24 total hours and adding 2 or 3 more hours is not appealing.

Any input on this would be very appreciated.

Edited by TWA bluesy

21 minutes ago, TWA bluesy said:

We've moved from a Regent Air departure point (Seattle or SEA) to the nearby airport of Portland OR or PDX.  Does Regent Air use PDX as or starting point or are we expected to fly to SEA on our own before jointing a BC flight with Regent to our cruise?

{Portland PDX is NOT a gateway city for regent.  You can pay a fee thin $149 PP and they will start your travels in Portland or you can use Seattle or any of the other Gateway cities which are listed on their website.  Please be aware that you are not guaranteed Business class if your fights involve domestic flights to get to your international flight which will be Business.

43 minutes ago, rallydave said:

{Portland PDX is NOT a gateway city for regent.  You can pay a fee thin $149 PP and they will start your travels in Portland or you can use Seattle or any of the other Gateway cities which are listed on their website.  Please be aware that you are not guaranteed Business class if your fights involve domestic flights to get to your international flight which will be Business.

Thanks.  I saw the Gateway list, but don't remember how I brought it up on the Regent site.  I don't care much about the extra cost .  I was mainly thinking about the additional time packed on the the travel 24 hour day to Santiago.  I guess I can wait until I hear from Regent Air.  

Never dawned on me what we were giving up moving from Seattle to Portland.  Seattle, multiple Int'l nonstops, Portland hardly any.  At least another 3 hours...

1 hour ago, TWA bluesy said:

Thanks.  I saw the Gateway list, but don't remember how I brought it up on the Regent site.  I

Instead of hunting on the Regent site simply put Regent Gateway Airports into Google and the link will pop up.  Easy Peasy.

Gateway seems to be a word with more than one definition in the Regent context. One type of gateway is included in the “free” air.  On the other hand if you find a cruise on rssc.com and select Plan My Cruise, then select “select a gateway” in the air travel section, PDX and many other lower tier airports are on the list. it appears you would need to pay an extra $149pp to use PDX but compared to driving to SeaTac, booking a room and paying for meals and parking but to us that’s a small price to pay. 

We fly from MFR which is too small to show up on the gateway list but is available for the $149pp fee. Well worth it to us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeb_bud said:

Gateway seems to be a word with more than one definition in the Regent context. One type of gateway is included in the “free” air.  On the other hand if you find a cruise on rssc.com and select Plan My Cruise, then select “select a gateway” in the air travel section, PDX and many other lower tier airports are on the list. it appears you would need to pay an extra $149pp to use PDX but compared to driving to SeaTac, booking a room and paying for meals and parking but to us that’s a small price to pay. 

We fly from MFR which is too small to show up on the gateway list but is available for the $149pp fee. Well worth it to us. 

Thanks for the update.  $149 is a bargain.

I am flying from a non Gateway city and was surprised when I asked for specific flights via the air deviation process and got what I was asking for including a non stop direct flight from London to Austin. I did not pay anything additional other than the $175 deviation fee once I accepted the flights. It doesn’t hurt to ask for the best flights for your situation. All they can say is no or come back with options and it doesn’t cost the $175 deviation fee until you accept the flights. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bitob said:

I got to choose my flights lax to cape town: Qatar Q Suites 

Did the Regent ticket class allow access to the world famous Qatar Business Class lounge in Doha?

I have read some "lite" discount fares do not allow access, neither does One World status.

I am not sure if something is wrong with the website or with my reservation.  DH and I have a cruise on Regent Voyager out of Miami in April.  It's a two-week TA, so it goes to Barcelona.  When I tried to do a "Custom Air Request", it gave me an "Error: Invalid Passenger Name".  Which is strange since I had not typed anything in yet, just clicked on start.  I tried it again, and got the same Error message.  I am concerned that there is something wrong with our Regent Air reservations at this point, actually, and would like to give them a call tomorrow.  Is there a particular phone number to call with regards to this issue?  The more I think about this, the more concerned I get.

Talk me off the ledge, folks, and tell me someone at Regent will work this out for us.

Many thanks.

9 hours ago, floatplan said:

Did the Regent ticket class allow access to the world famous Qatar Business Class lounge in Doha?

I have read some "lite" discount fares do not allow access, neither does One World status.

Yes

8 hours ago, ysolde said:

I am not sure if something is wrong with the website or with my reservation.  DH and I have a cruise on Regent Voyager out of Miami in April.  It's a two-week TA, so it goes to Barcelona.  When I tried to do a "Custom Air Request", it gave me an "Error: Invalid Passenger Name".  Which is strange since I had not typed anything in yet, just clicked on start.  I tried it again, and got the same Error message.  I am concerned that there is something wrong with our Regent Air reservations at this point, actually, and would like to give them a call tomorrow.  Is there a particular phone number to call with regards to this issue?  The more I think about this, the more concerned I get.

Talk me off the ledge, folks, and tell me someone at Regent will work this out for us.

Many thanks.

My ta handled everything 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, TWA bluesy said:

Thanks.  I saw the Gateway list, but don't remember how I brought it up on the Regent site.  I don't care much about the extra cost .  I was mainly thinking about the additional time packed on the the travel 24 hour day to Santiago.  I guess I can wait until I hear from Regent Air.  

Never dawned on me what we were giving up moving from Seattle to Portland.  Seattle, multiple Int'l nonstops, Portland hardly any.  At least another 3 hours...

Here is the link to Regent Air on their websites.  At the bottom of the page is a lift of Gateway cities.  Below that is "Terms and Conditions."  If you read that section it will tell you about both gateway and non gateway departures. 

https://www.rssc.com/experience/customize-your-journey/air-program

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ysolde said:

We bought this one directly from Regent, and our PCC no longer seems to be there.

Lesson learned ALWAYS deal with a TA and not direct with any cruise line.  You are leaving money on the table and losing any leverage.

In your case simply ask for another Regent Representative.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2023 at 7:39 AM, rallydave said:

I think $149 PP (round trip) would be a terrific bargain.  For us to fly out of LAS (Las Vegas), it is $124.50 per person each way, $249 PP round trip.  (Plus the $175 PP deviation fee, of course.)

Or did they increase the price to $149 per person each way, $298 PP round trip?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SusieQft said:

I think $149 PP (round trip) would be a terrific bargain.  For us to fly out of LAS (Las Vegas), it is $124.50 per person each way, $249 PP round trip.  (Plus the $175 PP deviation fee, of course.)

Or did they increase the price to $149 per person each way, $298 PP round trip?

My error. Believe but not sure after a Google search the fee for non gateway city varies so depends on the city. Does not appear to be a fixed fee for all cities not on the list

my apolog  is es for the error.