Time change

STIguy

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I wear a watch.  A real watch.  Boom!  Time confusion of cell phones solved.

Agree,

At least your time changes are while you sleep.   For reasons that I don't know, the QM2 on EB crossings makes the time change at noon. That's crazy.  Lunch isn't at noon but 1 and if you want to go to tea, you feel like you just finished lunch. 

Edited by njkruzer

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Agree,

At least your time changes are while you sleep.   For reasons that I don't know, the QM2 on EB crossings makes the time change at noon. That's crazy.  Lunch isn't at noon but 1 and if you want to go to tea, you feel like you just finished lunch. 

We had that on one of our Royal eastbound TA's and it really was annoying.  It screwed up early dinner.

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Agree,

5 minutes ago, mek said:

We had that on one of our Royal eastbound TA's and it really was annoying.  It screwed up early dinner.

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

Thankfully our eb on Jewel this past April was at night as were all our we trips.  

On an eastbound transatlantic, the captain explained the mid-day time change very simply:

If we did it at night, the extremely hard working and always exhausted crew would lose yet another hour of sleep.  Midday, the well/overfed, relaxing, vacationing, retired, lazing, napping, card-playing, chatting passengers would lose an hour of doing nothing.

(first sentence = captain's thoughts.  second sentence = my interpretation)

It worked for me.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, STIguy said:

I can’t stand the policy of changing clocks twice on a 7 day Caribbean cruise. 
Currently off the Cuban coast but still on Atlantic time. 
The crew hates it more than the passengers. Plain stupidity. 
Hey RCI! Your time change policy SSSSSSUCKS!

?? If you are still on Atlantic time, then it sounds like you didn't change the clock.  I know I'm missing something and likely going to regret the reply.  

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

On an eastbound transatlantic, the captain explained the mid-day time change very simply:

If we did it at night, the extremely hard working and always exhausted crew would lose yet another hour of sleep.  Midday, the well/overfed, relaxing, vacationing, retired, lazing, napping, card-playing, chatting passengers would lose an hour of doing nothing.

(first sentence = captain's thoughts.  second sentence = my interpretation)

It worked for me.

Definitely didn't like it on QM2, though understand your point. Problem on the QM2 i didn't know when to eat lunch and then lunch seemed to run into tea, which is an event on the QM2.  Problems like this we should all have!

On 11/26/2022 at 5:56 PM, ldubs said:

?? If you are still on Atlantic time, then it sounds like you didn't change the clock.  I know I'm missing something and likely going to regret the reply.  

The ship stayed on Atlantic time until we were almost back in Port Canaveral.  
As for the crew opinions. 
Both waiters, 3 bar tenders, concierge, head waiter, spa manager (overslept), room steward, help desk. None agreed with the policy on a 7 day round trip.  YMMV

20 minutes ago, STIguy said:

The ship stayed on Atlantic time until we were almost back in Port Canaveral.  
As for the crew opinions. 
Both waiters, 3 bar tenders, concierge, head waiter, spa manager (overslept), room steward, help desk. None agreed with the policy on a 7 day round trip.  YMMV

No, I goofed.  I read Atlantic zone but was thinking Eastern time zone.