Temperatures on board

snorkle lover

I’m sure you will get lots of variations, but our cruise the end of June in Norway and Iceland was warm in the dining rooms.  I didn’t need a light sweater or jacket most nights which messed up a few of my outfits.   Mind you,  I live in NJ and rather be colder than hotter.  

We will be in the Caribbean and it tends to be humid and on the warm side outside and the ships can gets little warm at times. I just bring a shawl to throw over my shoulders in case it happens to be cool in a spot.

If you are hot in your room, they can adjust the AC unit in the hall to run colder. Also, keep your drapes closed...including the ones between the bed and the living area. As a last resort, put a strip of painters tape over the cold air outlet in the living area.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

If you are hot in your room, they can adjust the AC unit in the hall to run colder. Also, keep your drapes closed...including the ones between the bed and the living area. As a last resort, put a strip of painters tape over the cold air outlet in the living area.

I’m confused about the painters tape on the outlet….so covering the outlet the air is coming out or on the control?

Just a little trick an officer taught me - stop the cold air from blowing into the LR so more goes into the bedroom. I know it sounds horrible but I love a very cold room and it came up in conversation one day. You go into any crew room and they have all sorts of things wedged into the ceiling to stop the creaking you find on any ship. 😃 

3 hours ago, snorkle lover said:

Hoping that someone can tell us about the temperatures on board the Splendor in the Compass Rose , specialty restaurants, lounges, hallways etc. Do they lean toward being chilly? Trying to decide if a light sweater is usually needed for dinning. Packing begins shortly.

Currently on Splendor, halfway to Miami. The Observation Lounge is very cold for trivia, requiring a light sweater most days. Compass Rose is chilly as well. Theater is variable. 

I agree with @Anchorbuoy.  I tend to run cool, and I always need long sleeves and/or pashmina in  every venue.  Especially in the evening you see many ladies with a pashmina or sweater of some kind.  This does not pertain to our lovely UK friends, who are sleeveless when it is blowing a gale!

36 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

I agree with @Anchorbuoy.  I tend to run cool, and I always need long sleeves and/or pashmina in  every venue.  Especially in the evening you see many ladies with a pashmina or sweater of some kind.  This does not pertain to our lovely UK friends, who are sleeveless when it is blowing a gale!

a bit of Welsh weather as it is at the moment 😂😂 

image.jpeg.78ffde1223dcad297c42b2976f9099be.jpeg

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Are you saying we can't adjust the temperature in our rooms?

13 minutes ago, AtA said:

Are you saying we can't adjust the temperature in our rooms?

You can adjust the temperature in your room.

If you cannot get it cold enough or hot enough, you can have the HVAC for your unit adjusted via an access panel in the hallway outside your suite.

If it is still not hot enough or cold enough, check your pulse to make sure you are still alive and then follow my silly instructions above. 😃 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, RELS said:

Just added painters tape to my packing list.

LOL, I know it sounds really ghetto but it works. Prob not what they want me to say but a good night sleep is worth a lot people. Close both sets of drapes as well - even the 3rd set heading towards the hallway.

4 hours ago, Pcardad said:

LOL, I know it sounds really ghetto but it works. Prob not what they want me to say but a good night sleep is worth a lot people. Close both sets of drapes as well - even the 3rd set heading towards the hallway.

Thanks for the info. We have never been able to get the suite on any cruise ship as cold as we like at night… Regent ir otherwise. Painters tape will be added!

Edited by cwn