Floral delivery

dontpanik

I was looking at the arrangement selections on the HAL site and not real thrilled with any of the choices.  Is there any shoreside florist that I can have delivered to the ship to be placed in the stateroom.  We leave next week and I would prefer to have a Christmas themed arrangement but there's nothing with their selections.

I’ve started ordering once onboard because not everything online is available and the florist does a great job. Last December I ordered a small Christmas tree for our cabin and was thrilled with it. Several days later I saw them being sold at a display too. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I’ve started ordering once onboard because not everything online is available and the florist does a great job. Last December I ordered a small Christmas tree for our cabin and was thrilled with it. Several days later I saw them being sold at a display too. 

Sharon I remember when we were on board with you that you loved your tree. I will go visit the florist when we board. (What did you do with your tree when you disembarked?)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Sharon I remember when we were on board with you that you loved your tree. I will go visit the florist when we board. (What did you do with your tree when you disembarked?)

It’s funny that you asked. I actually packed it and brought it home thinking I could just fluff it up but it needs more than a fluff. I’m going to get it out soon and see if DH can fix it or if I need to toss it. 

3ABB9016-4825-493B-8637-A1E0271B53D1.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, Sharon in AZ said:

It’s funny that you asked. I actually packed it and brought it home thinking I could just fluff it up but it needs more than a fluff. I’m going to get it out soon and see if DH can fix it or if I need to toss it. 

3ABB9016-4825-493B-8637-A1E0271B53D1.jpeg

I remember now! How cute! Our friends gave us a pop up tree for our cruise but I didn't bring it home.

@dontpanik you will be happy knowing there are cute Christmas florals on board. Enjoy the shopping! 

Just now, SilvertoGold said:

Love it! Really beautiful.  I have found the tall arrangements in the large vases don't last nearly as well as the smaller, flatter arrangements, as pictured.

It was beautiful and I kept it for the 13 days.  It was looking a little ragged by the end but I couldn’t bring myself to throw it out.

1 minute ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

It was beautiful and I kept it for the 13 days.  It was looking a little ragged by the end but I couldn’t bring myself to throw it out.

I prune some of the flowers out and make sure the water is kept topped up.  13 days is very good!

• Like 1

Was just looking at the Floral selection a few minutes ago.  So we are going to take our 1st HAL cruise next year.  We sail on our 30th Anniversary so I thought I would get my DW an arrangement, never done that on a cruise.  I have never seen a florist shop on the lines we have cruised. Is this typical on HAL ships?

I've never seen a florist shop on the ships, but have ordered arrangements many times. 
There is a florist on board. You can go to the Front Desk and review the selections, place and order, and they will be delivered. Or, you can describe what you want if it isn't in the book. 
If the florist has the desired flowers, you can get what you want. 

Sometimes the specific flowers aren't available, so others are delivered to the ship. Ordering on embarkation day will get you the flowers when they are at their freshest. I've done that later afternoon, and they are in my cabin when I return for the night. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dontpanik said:

...Is there any shoreside florist that I can have delivered to the ship to be placed in the stateroom.  We leave next week and I would prefer to have a Christmas themed arrangement but there's nothing with their selections.

I am seeing NINE holiday theme arrangement for my 29 Dec sailing, plus the three sizes of Xmas tree.

I have read on CC recently that no, you can't carry on your own flowers or have them delivered.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dontpanik said:

Those look wonderful, but are not available on my sailing on the 4th

I did just notice it says "Available on Select Sailings". Silly of them not to start the Holiday arrangements right after T-giving! Not even the trees??? Guess that leaves your artificial tree -- or get some "picks" and purchase something that IS available with red and green and spruce it up?

• Like 1