Drink Server/Bartender Tip

bmill7272

Here we go again.  Yet another "tipping thread".  They are automatically getting a 15% tip even if you do not want to give them more.   You can't even stop them from getting the 15% which is outrageous if they just pour you a coke or a beer.

I would suggest that the  moderator kill this one before it gets out of control.

DON

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bmill7272 said:

If a Server/Bartender gets a cash tip do they get to keep all that money or are tips pooled then divided somehow?

It all depends on the cruise line and how they handle this situation. On some lines (Carnival) they get to keep any extra tips, on others they have to put it all in the pool.

My personal philosophy is this- if a tip (or extra tip, in this case) is warranted I leave it and then I don't worry about what happens to it because I have absolutely no control over that.

• Like 1

No idea and I don't care. If I'm receiving excellent service from a bar tender I will provide a cash tip over and above the automatic gratuity as a sign of appreciation. While I hope the money goes entirely in their pocket it doesn't matter to me if they have rules requiring it to be split. 

• Like 2